Last Night got a bit carried away

maypole

loves to eat
Last night I went for chinese with my friends from college as it was the end of our level 2 sign language course:cry:

Anyway I ordered my chicken in a blackbean sauce & bolied rice (on extra easy) but then we decided to have crispy duck to share. I had 3 pancakes & tried to avoid the skin. Also munched on some prawn crackers maybe a handful
Had 2 bottles of beer too. :break_diet:

If I try & keep it sin free till tues (WI day) do you think I can manage a lose? Also have star week at the mo

Jeez, thats a lot of syn free days, personally I would either just have it as a flexi day or try and work out how many syns you had and take it off your weekly total. If you've stuck to plan the rest of the week I'm sure 1 meal of 1 day isnt going to do too much damage.
I bet you really enjoyed that Chinese though didnt you? Remember Slimming Worl isnt about depriving yourself. xx

I had a bad week last week :( I had a birthday party and consumed god knows how much, I ate everything going on the table (All Iceland party foods and birthday cake) and drank probably 2 bottles of wine. I felt awful but enjoyed the night. I worried about it for the following 4 days so stayed active, ate lots of fruit and veg and super speed foods, I also cut my syns down to 5 a day, all to limit the damage - I expected a gain of around a couple of lbs, low and behold I actually lost 2lbs at WI on Weds night so just goes to show you can still have a loss after a blow out. Put it behind you, you enjoyed it, stay on plan now and you may well be surprised at your next WI. I certainly was. x

I wouldn't worry too much about the blowout, stick to the plan for the rest of the week, and try and stay to a min of 5 syns or so. You need to use your syns every day (or total throughout the week) so you can make sure you're consuming enough calories for your bosy to burn more. I have actually had better losses some week's when I have had a one night blow-out than I have the week's I've stuck to just free foods.

Jeez, thats a lot of syn free days, personally I would either just have it as a flexi day or try and work out how many syns you had and take it off your weekly total. If you've stuck to plan the rest of the week I'm sure 1 meal of 1 day isnt going to do too much damage.
I bet you really enjoyed that Chinese though didnt you? Remember Slimming Worl isnt about depriving yourself. xx

Sorry but this isn't how flexi days are supposed to work. It's all about planning in advance how many syns you will have and sticking to it, so you are still control of your eating. You can't have a blow out and then use the excuse of having a flexi day to rationalise it - it defeats the purpose ;)

I know it's not how flexi days are meant to work but rather than beat myself up about days like that, I just try and count up what syns I did have and pop it on my sheet as a flexi day, my C seems happy enough with this because at least you are counting what you've had albeit in hindsight. She say's that when you stop counting and just try to ignore what you've had is where the problems start. Works for me so I continue to do this as it very rarely happens (thanks god that by nature I'm a planner!!) :rolleyes:
x

Some days or weeks it is just not possible to plan your syns, I do think it is important to recognise a blowout instead of ignoring it as is sometimes unavoidable.

You don't need to go syn free... but you would have better results if you did... Ever since i started SW nearly every week I have gone out with friends for a night out.... While doing that and being good the rest of the time [i never really NEED syns just like my curly wurlys] I would loose between 1 and 3 lbs..... Just make sure you eat lots of speed and super speed food!!!

every day is a pretty flower in a vase just take your bad day out and carry on looking after the rest and you will still have a pretty bunch of flowers

gahhh im such a hippy sometimes :)

Last week I stuck to the plan used my daily sins then out of the blue on Sunday a "do" came up I tried to choose the best choices but after 5 pints of lager the plan went out of the window.I went straight back on the plan on Monday and at WI on Weds I had lost 3 lbs. Good luck

I get weighed on tuesday eve so will see how it goes. Had a curry last night but I drove so didn't drink & just had bolied rice with 2 spoonfuls of lamb rogan josh

I've had an up and down week this week.

On Tuesday we had the butterfly bake and everyone brought in some lovely low syn treats etc....but I still managed to gobble 40+ syns worth in one day. So on Weds and Thurs I went totally syns free. I ended up having too many syns on the Fri, 22 I think and on Sat I was coerced into going to an all u can eat Chinese buffet on our way home from shopping. so I ate only free foods for breakfast and lunch and so I had all my syns and a HeB to use for the Chinese. But now today I'm only using 5 syns max and probably the same tomorrow.

It's not how I would recommend anyone control and manage their diet, but I'm hoping it works for me this week.

Back