Lasting the distance?

KatieKaye

Hello everyone, I'm a CD returner with 2.5 stone to lose to get to goal, so inspired by all the posts here!

Bit worried about my wi tomorrow. Its week 1 for me - feeling great after day 3... Day three itself I felt like absolute death!!! I have been 100% all week but last
Night I was at my brothers 21st Birthday meal... Had two shakes in the day but did have a (small) bit of cake than scallops, steak and half a pudding plus 1 glass of wine for dinner.

Although i had planned to have last night off I still Feel guilty now, hope it hasn't undone all my good work. I would normally eat substantially more than
I actually did but still feel v bad. Back to it today....

Sooo had my first WI and 7lbs off!!! I normally creep down the scales a pound at a time so this makes me very happy! Especially considering my slightly off-plan weekend. Just tucked in to my first bar... Love the malty chewy thing and didn't even feel remotely tempted by the stir fry my OH and his dad were eating. Didn't snaffle so much as a prawn, and usually I eat about a portions worth whilst cooking so progress all round. Only down side is my lips seem to have gone really dry, especially today and yesterday. I am drinking water like there's no tomorrow so I can't be dehydrated... Hmmmm

Well done, 7lbs is great.
The dry lips may be the weather as I woke up with mine all cracked, time to get the lipsil out x

Fabulous news!! Well done!! Have my first weigh in tomorrow and looking forward to it. Been 100% this week so fingers crossed for a good result xx

Urgh. Feeling really down today. Just got a rejection for a job interview I had really high hopes for. I'm out of work at the
Moment. It's really hard, especially when I graduated a year ago with a good degree. Kinda feel like that was a waste.

Clinging to Cwp as It about the only thing I feel I have to be proud of at the moment. :(

aww honey - graduate unemployment has always been a horror, but recently... well at least you know you're not alone and it isn't personal.

try not to think of your degree as a waste of time. remeber that education is valuable for its own sake - not just as a means to an end, and hopefully the experience of university helped you develop in lots of other ways that might not have happened if you hadn't gone.

life will pan out, somehow. but hang in there, and yes - be proud of what you're achieving on cd.

Hey spangles! Thank you for your post and your kind words. Reading back I realise I shouldn't be so negative ... It's not helpful (I'm prone to lurking Eeyore style under a cloud). I loved my degree and would happily go back to studying, but just left a job in which I was very unhappy and now doubting my vocation (Mental Health). Caught in that horrible place where I left for the right reasons but also kicking myself as now struggling to find another job!!! Experience and education doesn't seem to be enough these days?!

On a more positive note your diary has been keeping me entertained for the last few hours!! I'll jump on board with all the girls and say that I think you're a real inspiration too! Makes me feel like I can do it too xx

thanks petal. and of course you can do it!

So today's write up. Erm yesterday I was foul. Foul headache, foul breath and foul mood. Even the dog was avoiding me! Stuck to plan 100% though and feel much better today so I assume in back in ketosis properly after my weekend lapse. I had a huge row with my OH last night (again, foul). I think we've fallen in to that trap of taking eachother for granted. I really love the annoying sod so any thoughts on couple treats that are non food based to show him I care? (apart from the obvious!) xx

comedy club? theatre? gig?

or just a gift for him. a book you think he'd like... or something silly - if it were mine i'd buy him a big bag of haribo tangfastics. or if i was feeling really selfless, a game for the xbox.

Me and my OH have just started bowling together... sounds silly but oh my gosh its so much fun. When i first booked us to go he was soooo against it he didnt want to go at all but we went and we had such a great time and a giggle that he wants to go back this friday. Its only £14 per person where i live for an hour and u can have 3 games in that time. Its a little exercise too ;). Good luck your doing really well xxx

i love bowling but it doesn't seem right without the beer (plus beer makes me better*)

*initially

Hmmm some very good and tempting
Options there. We have tickets for stand up in a few weeks so that's something to look forward to. Bowling is a good possibility although he hates it haha!

Funnily enough Spangles tangfastic are my OHs favourite too. Will ponder. Thanks lovely ladies!!

On a side note I am watching a makeover program for people who have lost loads of weight (today's lady lost about ten stone). It's amazing how this lady's mind set is still set at 'i'm fat' even though she is now very slim. I don't (in comparison) have loads to lose but i wonder whether I will still feel chubby even when I reach goal? Which will put me at a curvy 10, i think. I'm a bit scared that I still won't be satisfied. Does any one else find/ think about this? The reality of goal and what's beyond that? It's been 7 years of yo-yoing up and down for me and I've never quite made it... There's something safe about that

Back