Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Late Night Cravings :-(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kankles, 11 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    During the day I am absolutely fine, I feel full from lunch & dinner but then when I'm led in bed I start to feel peckish and the cravings kick in (normally chocolate as well to make matters worse). Twice within the last week I've had 1tsp if nutella after midnight because I crave chocolate so bad that it actually keeps me awake!! Ok so I didn't go mad and the nutella worked but how weird that all of a sudden I'm feeling hungry at night?

Anyone else get the same thing or am I out there on my own :-(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Yes i get peckish in the evening. I always have my HEXA+B then a bowl of porrige or weetabix with skimmed milk. Then i use the rest of the skimmed milk to make up a highlights hot choc and i'm sorted. Also make sure i have some pre prepare fruit on hand. Also i do a lot of crafts and i;m finding that keeps my mind elsewhere lol

4. shaunyf23

shaunyf23 Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(22.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im the same and no matter how much fruit i shove in I dont feel full. Sometimes what I do is when I make a free meal such as pasta bog or chilli I put it in containers and then have another meal at night and that sometimes helps. your not on your own I think we are all the same, hope this helpls xx

5. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your replies, I guess what's missing is a little night time snack. I eat dinner between 6:30 & 7:30 most nights and go to bed at 10:30 but I'm always awake gone 1-2am!!

6. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I tend to save the majority of my syns for my post dinner/late night chocolate fix

7. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The other night I was led in bed and the more I tried to get choc out of my head the more I thought of it, I went downstairs and looked in the snack box and all that was there was a double decker, yum but not at 14 syns, hence the tsp of nutella!!!

8. pebbles67

pebbles67 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    You know that twin thing ? Well I am up every night to the loo, usually I'm thirsty too so i take meself off and gets some water and a 4 syn milky way or something and its so annoying, haven't done it for months but I've Been up last few nights .x

9. cherry-pie

cherry-pie Trying again in 2012

Start Weight:
    25st8lb
    Current Weight:
    24st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a similar evening meal time & bedtime to you and I try to have a fibre plus bar or something similar about 9.00 with a cup of tea - I look forward to it, finishes me off for the day & I don't usually feel hungry until about 10.00 the next morning (I'm up at 6 but can't do breakfast then so its a yogurt and fruit at my desk through the week!)

Hope you work it out and get back into a good sleep routine! xxx

10. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha ! Well that's another thing we've got in common my long lost twin! It's driving me insane craving sweetness so late :)

11. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Would having an options before bed work? Or mixing it with some quark so like a choccy mousse?

12. pebbles67

pebbles67 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Worth a try emsie

13. mistysmummy

mistysmummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I understand where you are coming from I sleep eat and dont know why or what I have eaten until I see the wrappers in the morning, I can be 100% through the day and it gets ruined by nightime munchies xxx

14. beccaharrison89

beccaharrison89 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I am exactly the same, i am always wanting something late at night, half the time i know i am not hungry and its all in my head. I save my hexb for the evening and half hour before bed i either have weetabix, 2 wholemeal,or 2 harvest morn benefit bars.
    I dont go to bed till quite late most nights so always hungry.
    I ave a big takeaway over wkend therefore i try not ave any syns through the week and this is where i am struggling

15. Lady A

Lady A Loves to Shop!

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I swear by eating ice cream! No joke ladies...I have my dinner at around 7pm and then I have a scoop of wall's soft scoop light vanilla ice cream with chopped banana or any other fruit I fancy at 9:30 and it keeps me full. It's only 3 syns per scoop and it's so creamy it really is yum plus you don't have to save all of your syns either. I think there was a study which said that if you finish a meal with dairy or include a certain amount of dairy in your diet then you tend to lose weight more easily. I can't give you any more info on this at the moment but my only advice would be is to stick to your HexA & syn allowances.

16. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've saved my hexb today so I cam have 2 alpen light bars!!! Hopefully this will help (fingers crossed) x

17. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I found things ok for a couple of days but then the last 2 nights my late night cravings are back! Maybe it's because I lay in bed reading everyones recipies and food diaries that reading about foods gets me started again!!

I need a bell on my fridge right now! I already had a banana & slice of ham, surely I can't still be hungry?!

18. pebbles67

pebbles67 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi there k, wish you were still on here. but then it is nearly 2am. feel a bit 'nose out of joint' tell me im being daft. dont think that thread needs me anymore. sleep well matey, stay away from that nutella and i wont eat anymore of this tin of roses - oops xxxxxxx

19. charleybabes

charleybabes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world Extra Easy
    i always feel hungry at night.. somtimes its mind over matter with me .. and if i know there is nothing to eat then i just feel hungrier.. so what ive started to do is save a healthy extra b and have two alpen light bars with a glass of my left over HxA milk and take that to bed and it feels like a little treaty snack in bed!!..
    or what about having a muller with some chopped banana or a bit of honey drizzled in and eat with a teaspoon.. i always find that as its taking longer to eat it makes me feel fuller ...

20. RegField

RegField Silver Member

If you are lying in bed reading about food then of course you are thinking about food!

Are you in bed with your computer? It's really not a good idea - it won't let your brain relax enough to get to sleep.

Try a good novel instead!

21. Kankles

Kankles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Listen my English rose I need you! That's all that matters. X x

And no more sweeties!!!! If I have to stay away from the sweetie tin, you do too!!!

X x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.