Latte's diary for health & happiness mainly Green days with pictures

Well had weigh in and total disaster put on 1lb no idea why I am once again really upset.

Added up my syns Tuesday to Monday so weigh in day till yesterday and 90 syns.

1 meal out which was cheese and mushroom omlette and we shared wedges so surely it can't be that.

I have done my usual gym stuff as well so nothing unusual.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Tuesday green

B 2 Sharon fruit 2 satsumas

S grapes

L 4 ryvita hex b low low cheese slices hex a marmite carrot sticks gherkins tomatoes cucumber and pepper
Bag ww hula hoops 3.5 syns

S melon and pineapple

D quorn meatballs pasta sauce 4 syns bit of pasta

S 2 jelly bits 2 syns 2 slices toast hex b jam 3 syns

Total 12.5 syns

Put on 1lb in weigh in no idea why I thought I had a perfect week

Today green

B Dorset cereal porridge hex b banana grapes

S plums

L Tesco morrocan cous cous 4 syns
Bag multi pack caramel snack jacks 5 syns with laughing cow light hex a

S yellow melon

D omlette with mushrooms and onions

S peanut hi fi bar hex b

Porridge is made with water but had a couple of coffees to make up hex a

6 mikafo 3 syns

Total 9 syns

hey hun you didnt syn your omelette or wedges?

i noticed from weigh day on your syns were 9-10 on a couple of days then right up to 15 on others...and you didnt syn the omelette or wedges, this could be why you have gained this week? if the omelette had cream in it and was cooked in oil, and the wedges were deep fried then this could easily add up to 20 syns without you realising.. did it come with a salad? if it did the salad could have had an oil based dressing on meaning more syns, and what do you drink when out for meals? do you stick to free drinks like diet coke, water? or do you have a glass of wine, coffees and not count the milk? or cordial, which is high in syns, i used to have vodka lime and soda thinking it was good but the lime cordial is quite high in syns, i think it worked out i was having an extra 4 syns per drink just in the cordial!!

Lou I am at the hospital so will be quick. That omlette was homemade the Saturday one was synned.

I asked at john lewis it is just egg and it ess a handful of cheese so hex a. I saw him make it from scratch

According to syns on line wetherspoon and pizza hut wedges are 10 syns and we shared so 5 syns

Everything else was completely home made and a few were SW recipes. I weigh out all cheese and only use low fat so you get 45g as a hex

I drink diet coke water sugar free squash . It was lunchtime so we shared a diet coke.

I might have one cup of coffee a day but I usually don't have all my hex a

All cheese is either weighed or packaged like dairylea tri bites or babybel

We will see but I don't live in hope. My consultant has asked me for four weeks worth of sheets and she is going to send them to head office.

Today Wednesday 21st march
Green

B activia yoghurt ww fromage frais 0.5 syns 1 Sharon fruit

L 6 crackerbread hex b with marmite
2 slices low low cheese hex
a bag ww hula hoops 3.5 syns tomatoes carrots pepper and cucumber followed by pineapple and melon

S hi fi bar hex b

D mushroom and onion omlette

S 3 hovis biscuits 6 syns

Total 10 syns

370 calories burnt at gym

Thursday 22nd March

Green

B banana 2 satsumas rhubarb crumble yoghurt 0.5 syns

S mini hi fi half hex b

L baked potato with baked beans 2 laughing cow light triangles hex a pineapple and melon

S ww wafer bar 4 syns

D Chinese out boiled rice and tofu in black bean sauce 8 syns
Based on SW online

S oaty bar hex b

Total 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Friday 23rd march

B pink grapefruit

L SW mushroom and onion red quiche hex a
Cucumber gherkins onions pepper
Bag ryvita minis hex b
4 mikado 2 syns
Satsuma

S ww fromage frais 0.5 syns
Grapes
3 rich tea fingers 3 syns

D meat free bbq fillet 4 syns
Roast veg
150g oven chips 4.5 syns

S oaty bar hex b

Total 14 syns

Last edited:
Latte - sorry about the gain, As Lou said it really could be one of those unexplained ones. Reet booger.

But one thing I found is that if I have any snacks I don't lose now at all. I was okay at the start having fruit as a snack - but then I was 5+ stone overweight.

Once I got my weight down a bit I just had to cut out all snacks - even fruit. It was tough for a couple of weeks - I kept felling hungry at my normal snack time. But I obviously wasn't as I had a good lunch only a couple of hours before.

What I do now is just have a large glass of water and wait for the feeling to go away - which it usually does in about 10-15 minutes. Half the time the feeling you get is actually dehydration not hunger.

Now I very rarely have snacks and just drink lots of water instead.

Thanks pomme I do have two to three stone to lose so it shouldn't have slowed down to nothing ?

I need to snack as my blood sugars go funny due to the PCOS as I start feeling funny and faint.

It is such a struggle

Today Saturday 24th March

B box fruit salad

L 3 crackerbread 1/2 hex b
Marmite
be good to yourself crisps 5 syns
2 slices low low cheese hex a
Grapes

S New alpen light cherry bakewell 1/2 hex b
5 jelly sweets 5 syns

D SW pasta bake inc hex a
Boiled potatoes

S mini chocolate eclair 6 syns

Total 16 syns

Sunday 25th March

B banana grapes

L box fruit salad

D halloumi 2 x hex b 1 x hex a 4 syns
Bit of avocado 2 syns
Cous cous mushrooms cucumber and spring onions

D mini chocolate eclair 6 syns

Total 12 syns

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120325_220036.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120325_220036.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
I need to snack as my blood sugars go funny due to the PCOS as I start feeling funny and faint.

It is such a struggle
Is it possible you could snack on something other than sweeties thoiugh? As there do seem to be a lot of "treats" in there like jelly sweets and chocky.

I know they're within yout syns but they aren't actually that filling so you would be better having something "free" that would fill you up more.

Just a thought.

It's difficult when you have pcos. It's catch 22, the symptoms improve as you lose weight but losing weight is a lot harder than your average joe. Which is totally worth bearing in mind when planning your meals. Pcos improves when insulin levels are steady and eating high sugar or high fat, large meals or going a long time without food is a real no no. I know if you follow the plan normally 105 syns are allowed for the week but you need to bear in mind you have a health condition that prohibits weight loss. I think you need to seriously reassess your syn usage and find an amount that works successfully for YOU. it isn't fair that you are eating healthy and not losing but you do have a medical condition that is working against you, you mustn't compare yourself to other people as they more than likely don't have pcos when they are going over syns and still losing.

If it were me I would reduce my syns by 10 syns each week and see at what level you begin to lose weight again x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Funny enough when I handed my sheets into my consultant yesterday to send off to head office she reckons they might say try 5 to 7 syns a day which will be hard.

Stupid me handed in my sheets yesterday without updating here so I don't have Monday or Tuesday.

FWIW I lost 0.5lb

Chica - a loss is a loss at the end of the day so please don't be too dishearted. There's lots of struggling at the mo and gaining right, left and centre.

You are both wise and right.

I would give my right arm to be the half pound queen as my consultant calls them as that is nearly two stone over the whole year - 26lbs in 52 weeks

Fingers crossed I get the same again next week

I don't know if this will help you hit I've stopped looking at my weight week to week. I'm looking at howuch I've lost overall cos it's still an achievement. I'm trying not to think that I'm only half a pound less than I was in jan cos that just makes me want to give up, it's not a race and while some people can lose vast amounts
In 2 months I think these people are actually rare, they're just highly publicised as it promotes how fab the plan is but truth is
Most people take years to get their weight off. Try not to obsess Hun. X x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back