Latte's diary for health & happiness mainly Green days with pictures

your not taking it out on me hun :) i know you wasnt massively over your syns and i agree that you probably was under the 105 weekly amount but maybe this amount is just too high for you personally? i know if i have 15 a day i dont lose either, and it is frustrating when other people can go over that amount and still lose but sometimes i think its not say 1 bad meal that takes you over your syns its like a build up of having too much for your own body that makes for a gain. like last week i lost a pound but id been out at the weekend and had cider and then a kebab and crisps the next day but around it my syns were very low each day, i went way over my weekly amount of syns without a doubt but i think cos it was limited to just one day rather than spread out over the week it didnt do too much damage-does that make sense? also that meal, we have just spoke about the cheese being over but sometimes with veg they coat it in butter to make it last longer and taste nice and also fresh pasta isnt free, it has to be synned, so all that pasta could have been fresh pasta and had a high syn value? so where you were counting things as free they may not have been. this is the problem i hate with eating out, you just never know the amounts your having or how things are being cooked, i always tend to go for meat and salad, or just completely write that meal off then have low syns the rest of the week.

i really think that you should try to keep your weekly amount of syns no higher than 70-so around 10 a day and i think this will really help you out alot. do you have any of the recipe books? i have red, green and extra easy ones and they are great if your struggling for meal ideas, i tend to make a large batch up and freeze them in portions and then when im hungey and cant be bothered to cook i just stick it in the micro for 10-15 minutes. my fave to do in batches is quorn mince chilli and rice-
i do a whole bag of quorn mince
2 tins of chopped tomatoes with garlic
tin of beans
tomato puree
oxo cube
worcestershire sauce
basil
mushrooms
peppers
onion
chillis
and then do rice to have with it
its really quick and easy and freezes really well, i always have a few of those in the freezer, they are my life saver at times!

i find also that when im unable to exercise i have to be extra strict with myself, which is annoying but ive learnt this the hard way, if ive ever been sat in all week through the weather being bad or feeling poorly, althoguh ive been really good ive sometimes gained which seems totally unfair but its just the way my body works unfortunately. so maybe at the times when your unable to exercise upping the speed foods and super free food and really watch your syns?

Thank you again Lou you are a star xxx

Yes I have green day recipe book and the curry heaven one plus a couple of magazines. Last months came with a booklet and the one before came with a recipe book if you got it from Smiths so I have plenty of inspiration I just need to get motivated again

I know when I have spoken to the GP before about my lack of weight loss he has said some people need to eat the bare minimum in order to lose weight and unfortunately I am one of them
I have had numerous tests and I have been struggling with my weight since I was 13 and sent to the obese clinic at the hospital so I know I have a long road again
This is the third or fourth time since my teens I have had to lose 2 stone plus and I will be 37 tomorrow. Each time takes longer and longer and gets harder and harder.
The last time was just after my father died and it took me two years to lose three stone and that meant strict calorie counting and going to the gym for 2 to 3 hours a night. Something which I am now unable to do.
Plan plan plan is what I need to do again after my birthday blow out tomorrow !

aw i really feel for you. i too have struggled with my weight since having my first child 13 years ago, i ballooned when pregnant putting on over 5 stone, i was a svelt 9 stone 4 (never to be seen again) and at the end of my pregnancy was around 15 stone im not sure exactly how much cos i stopped looking. it took me 2 and a half years to get down to 9 stone 10 and then i constantly battled in a starvation/binge cycle for 3 years to try to keep the weight off, then i have since had 2 more babies, i lose weight then i pile it back on i am so desperate to break that cycle and lose weight and keep it off. i have mild pcos and it makes it hard for me to lose weight when im bigger, the more i lose the quicker and easier it comes off which seems really unfair, but its just the way it is, and i gain SOOOO easily, i can put a stone on in a couple of weeks without thinking about it. it is hard but i do think that if you have to work hard for something then it helps keep you motivated and your more likely to keep it off cos you know how hard it is to keep off. i have got some food diarys from group and am filling those out again this weeks, i think sometimes we get complacent with it and its good to have to go back to basics cos it reminds us of what we need to be doing. i dont think you need to be walking around hungry i think this plan could really work for you but maybe do red days for a while? only snack on super free and make sure your meals are mainly free and save your syns for sauces etc? its hard at first but once you get into the swing of it it will become like second nature. please dont fall into the cycle of thinking oh well ive blown it now i may aswell just eat what i want cos that wont help anything. get your books out tonight and start from scratch, keep a food diary and maybe throw in a few super speed days? i really want to do well this week so i will be here every day if you want to chat x

Right I am back I have had a couple of days off for my birthday and I feel much better. First time I have strayed in 12 weeks.

Wednesday GREEN

B strawberries and 2 cheese triangles (hex a)
S 2 chocolate fingers (2.5) and 3 plums
L packet tilda lime and coriander rice (2) with extra salad 3 satsumas
S 6 crackerbread (hex b) butter (2)
D mushroom and onion omelette 2 chocolate biscuits (8)

total 14.5

Thursday BIRTHDAY so off plan

was also in the hospital all morning for an ultrasound scan and clinic as they are trying to work out what is causing my hip pain.
Still no further forward though

B veggie breakfast at Asda with wholemeal toast
L grapes white bread and butter 2 chocolate biscuits
D 4 slices domino medium veggie pizza with oven chips
S 2 chocolate biscuits

Friday - STILL OFF PLAN

I spent two wonderful days at my mums enjoying the sunshine and enjoying my food and I dont regret it at all

B 2 fresh figs grapes
L 2 hovis biscuits bag of crisps tuna mayo sandwich 1.2 slice carrot cake shared with my mum
S bread and butter
D fried crap out of the freezer veggie crispy duck veggie satay sticks veggie prawn wrappers and bahjis
S 2 chocolate biscuits and snickers ice cream bar

Saturday BACK on PLAN GREEN

B box of fruit salad
L 2 dairylea bites (hex a)2 fresh figs skinny latte (hex a)
D BBQ boiled potatoes, corn on the cob, mushroom, 2 meat free moroccan burgers (6) on 2 wholemeal rolls which weighed 50g each so 2 x Hex b

total 6

Sunday GREEN
B half an orange melon 2 fresh figs 2 alpen lights (hex b) skinny latte (hex a)
L acti fry potatoes, corn on the cob tofu fillet (5)
D ww bread (hex B) 2 cheese slices (hex a) jam (2)

Total 7

Attachments

• IMAG1310.jpg
    IMAG1310.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG1311.jpg
    IMAG1311.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG1297.jpg
    IMAG1297.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 79
  • STA71471 (Medium).JPG
    STA71471 (Medium).JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi Latte - like Lou I spotted your plea for help so here I am on your diary.

I've had a quick whizz through the last 20 or so food entries and I have a few observations - which you may not like but here goes.

SYNS - you are serously under-estimating some of these. e.g. rollmop = 3 syns per ounce, sweet herring is at least double that. By the look of your picture there were about 4 oz of herring so that = 24 syns and not the 6 you estimated.

Like Lou said, eating out you can't count anything really as Hex's as you just don't know what else could be in it. The biggest example is that lots of places add oil to bread to make it lighter and more moist. Who would think that? So not just a HexB - a HexB and about 5 syns. Pasta in restaurants is pretty much the same problem.

SNACKS - there seem to be lots of days when you snack between meals. And quite a few of them aren't superfree food which should be your first choice. Ok, I can see some fruity ones but there are a lot of crackers, cheese, chocolate, ice cream and cakes.

If you are stuck then you may need to look at whether snacks are a problem. I no longer have ANY. I just have a good meal at lunch and supper and fill myself up with veg and fruit at each meal. If I eat snacks I gain! Simples!!.

You are using a a lot of syns and Hex's on snacks during the day.

PORTION SIZE - Some of your meals look quite large. e.g. 2 x 50g rolls at one meal? That's all your Hex B's in one go. I probably eat 2/3 of what you are and that's what I have to follow to loose weight. It was bleddy tough at first but 9 months on my appetite has got so much smaller and I no longer ever feel hungry.

CARBS - I know you don't eat meat, and are having mostly green days, but carbs are a nightmare for me. If I eat pasta or rice more than twice a week again I don't lose. I need to have at least 4 or preferably 5 red days a week to keep the weight loss going.

BREAD - This is something I love and have had to virtually cut out as it just makes me bloat and hold water and weight. I've taken to tortillas/wraps (i.e. unleven bread without yeast) and I feel 100% better.

I too am a slow loser and have to fight to get rid of every blasted pound. I just cannot "cheat" at all. I've learn't the hard way of mistakes I've made about under-estimating syns, too many carbs and bread, and not drinking enough liquid. I also learnt that when I don't lose or gain I haven't been being honest with myself.

All my meals are syn free and I save my syns for the evening to have my treat - a 3-syn sized glass (or 3) or wine. And try to keep my syns to 10 per day. I usually fail miserably! but I rarely go over the 15 a day - except for a seriously special event.

As I started out by saying - you probably won't like some of the above. But like Lou said you have to be brutally honest with yourself about what you might not be accounting for and the number of syns you are having.

As I said, I am 9 months in and I still keep a full diary every single day. I did this first time around (5 years ago) when I lost 2 stone and I've now lost almost 2.5 stone more by sticking to the same principles.

SW does work - you just have to find the variant that works for you.

Good luck chica.

Last edited:
i am in danger of upsetting you now and i dont want to, i am trying to help. you say you havent strayed in 12 weeks but you have hun and these are in your diaries, i really dont wish to sound anything but helpful so please dont take it the wrong way.

you do still eat quite syn orientated meals and perhaps need some motivation or meal plans to guide you a bit more? I am with pommette you cant syn meals out and i am not convinced you are synning your syns right either. your wholemeal rolls look so yummy but they are possibly over the limit, are they really the equivalent of a hex B?

lets see if we can break this cycle for you as i really feel you deny some things a bit, sorry to say it hunny x

I am typing on my phone so excuse any errors. I also can't quote people

I promise no one could upset or offend me as I know you are all trying to help and I appreciate it so much

I know about the herring fillets realised after I had eaten them and went online to check the syn value but I was so upset the whole tub was 30 syns I never amended my diary. The other tub is sitting in the fridge taunting me !

I need to eat little and often due to blood sugar levels and PCOS plus I go to the gym a lot after work so if I eat lunch at 1pm then I might not eat again till 8.30 so I need something in between. I also don't eat fruit in the evening. I don't drink much so would rather have something sweet after dinner instead of a glass of wine with dinner.
That day with two bread rolls was the only meal I ate all day as we were out and about and I thought you could do that ? They were Warbutons wholemeal rolls and in the book it says 57g wholemeal bread is a hexb and these were 50g each so well under.
Tortillas or wraps I would have to syn but I know what you mean which is why I don't eat bread every day.
I drink 2 to 3 litres of water and no added sugar squash a day and I try to go to the gym at least 2 or 3 times a week or for a swim.
Maybe I am under synning and that is the problem. I use syns on my meals as a lot of the quorn fillets and tofu I like have syns plus I love mayo.
I don't want to eat syn free meals then spend 10 syns on a couple of glasses of wine or a chocolate bar.
The consultant said my diaries were fine but she said maybe I am not eating enough free food my superfree is fine!
I look at other peoples diaries compared to mine and I can't see a lot of difference yet they are losing.

Maybe I am deluding myself.

Even if I have under synned my meals out then it should still count as flexi syn and I should surely STS not put on and on .

I really really thank you all for your comments and I will carry on re reading them xxx

latte big hugs hunni. right listen...firstly please stop comparing yourself to other people, for a start you have pcos which it is proven that it makes it 10 times harder to lose weight than the average joe, and secondly looking over your food diary the majority of days your syns are quite high and then you are going over on other days-it only has to be one day a week but if your doing that regularly then your going to start gaining. 105 syns per week is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM you should have. yes you can have flexi days but unfortunately not one a week, its supposed to be as a rare thing for a special occasion and its not to make you still lose or to help you sts its to stop you spiralling out of control and to rein it in a bit if you know what i mean. it would be great of we could all have a day a week where we ate what we wanted and still had all our syns the rest of the week but the diet doesnt work like that. i really do believe you are undercalculating your syns and classing things as healthy extras when they need to be synned and i think your using too many syns per week going by how your calculating your meals which if your under calculating anyway then your going way over. like i say 105 syns per week is the maximum and if you ask the majority of slimming worlders if they use the max amount of syns per week and still have great losses the answer would be no. the recommended amount of syns to help you have a steady loss and not feel deprived is 10 syns per day-not 70 per week, your not really supposed to save syns and calculate them over the week as it just doesnt work like that. also just because say you have 10 syns left for that day doesnt mean you HAVE to use them, you dont, you could opt for fruit or fat free yogurt instead? or even something like an omelette filled with veg? doing green days as you dont eat meat means that you will probably lose slower than someone doing red or ee as you are eating more carbs than them and we all know carbs helps to stack on the weight. on the days you go to the gym you could take a healthy snack to have an hour before you go to stave off hunger? maybe something like a mugshot? some are free and others are low syn so you would need to check. if i were you and doing green days i would have something like this: (i used to alternate green and red days so i got good at bulking up on free foods and cutting down syns on green days)
breakfast:scrambled egg/poached egg with mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers on 2 slices of nimble wholemeal bread HEXB
snack:banana
dinner:jacket potato with beans and 42g of reduced fat cheddar HEXA with a side salad
snack:fat free yogurt
tea:stir fry veg with 7 spice (to give flavour) and quorn mince (which is free) or quorn style chicken pieces (i thought these were free, but i apologise if they are not)
snack:eek:ne of the free mug shots, strawberries with fat free fromage frais

and you are still left with a HEXA and a HEXB so you could have cheese on toast aswell on top of all of that using 2 slices of nimble and 42g of reduced fat cheddar

this would be an average day for me when i did green except i would use my other HEXB to have some fish with my stir fry as i cant stand the quorn chicken pieces, there are no syns listed in that average day but i would use salad cream or mayo for my salad-but i would measure it so i knew exactly how many syns i have left and id always try to stay under 10. i lost almost 4 stone last time doing red and green and this being my average green day (just a shame i got pregnant as soon as i lost it and piled 5 stone back on hahaha). do you have the green cook book? i used to make batches of quorn mince chilli and rice and freeze it to have as handy micro meals, i also made the aloo mutter curry recipe out of the green recipe book, totally delicious and it makes absolutely loads and freezes brilliant so this could be another good one for you which is also totally free.

so ive prattled on a bit there lol, but i really think you should scrap what you have been doing so far as it isnt working for you and just start from scratch, there is no need to go hungry on green, red or extra easy and tbh i feel more full after eating free foods that what i do synned foods. keep your flexi days to a minimum and calculate your syns properly and keep doing your food diary as it will keep you on the straight and narrow hun

I am typing on my phone so excuse any errors. I also can't quote people

I promise no one could upset or offend me as I know you are all trying to help and I appreciate it so much

I know about the herring fillets realised after I had eaten them and went online to check the syn value but I was so upset the whole tub was 30 syns I never amended my diary. The other tub is sitting in the fridge taunting me !

I need to eat little and often due to blood sugar levels and PCOS plus I go to the gym a lot after work so if I eat lunch at 1pm then I might not eat again till 8.30 so I need something in between. I also don't eat fruit in the evening. I don't drink much so would rather have something sweet after dinner instead of a glass of wine with dinner.
That day with two bread rolls was the only meal I ate all day as we were out and about and I thought you could do that ? They were Warbutons wholemeal rolls and in the book it says 57g wholemeal bread is a hexb and these were 50g each so well under.
Tortillas or wraps I would have to syn but I know what you mean which is why I don't eat bread every day.
I drink 2 to 3 litres of water and no added sugar squash a day and I try to go to the gym at least 2 or 3 times a week or for a swim.
Maybe I am under synning and that is the problem. I use syns on my meals as a lot of the quorn fillets and tofu I like have syns plus I love mayo.
I don't want to eat syn free meals then spend 10 syns on a couple of glasses of wine or a chocolate bar.
The consultant said my diaries were fine but she said maybe I am not eating enough free food my superfree is fine!
I look at other peoples diaries compared to mine and I can't see a lot of difference yet they are losing.

Maybe I am deluding myself.

Even if I have under synned my meals out then it should still count as flexi syn and I should surely STS not put on and on .

I really really thank you all for your comments and I will carry on re reading them xxx

i have been so nervous since posting, i was hoping you wouldnt take offence! Get rid of the fish in the fridge, or portion them into realistic portions for the plan.

replacing the days food with wholemeal rolls is not bad, it isnt the plan. its another deviation from the plan. I am really sorry but your bread rolls are 6 syns each (via the slimming world website syn calculator and books)

using your syns for meals is not the issue, its the use of FF or SF foods that is needed to boost metabolism, add fibre and other influences that keep you fuller for longer-so you dont have to waste these on chocolate etc

your consultant said you were doing fine, are they judging this with looking the same diaries as here?? I am a little surprised she says they are fine especially with slow losses, but then again you have underestimated your syns (bread etc and eating out) so maybe she isnt aware of the full picture?

Lou speaks kind and knowledgeable words, she is spot on. Flexi syning is an option but not on top of the syns you have already had or going to have every day. when you have syns every day you cant flexi syn as well.

I am so touched that everyone is trying to help me how could I ever be offended ?

Right I have checked my SW food optimising book the one with the green grapefuit heart on the front and under Healthy extras it says any 57g wholemeal bread or any 57g wholemeal roll so I am 100% sure that the Waburtons rolls can be counted as a HexB as they are only wholemeal rolls that is all it says on the label.
The probably look bigger in the picture but I have weighed them and each one in the pack I got were 49g each.

I do have the green day cook book and the curry heaven book but I cant stand for long at the moment to do the cooking so my poor husband is doing it all. I am very lucky as the kitchen is HIS domain. He will cook whatever I ask him so I will go through some stuff at the weekend and mark some recipes.

I managed to make the super speed bean soup last night as I didnt have to stand for long since I used tins and pre chopped veg.

What I think the consultant meant was she couldnt explain my slow weight loss just by looking at my diaries as they didnt seem to be anything much wrong with them

She thought I might have been having sneaky drinks or not eating any superfree which she saw from my diaries wasnt the case.

Yes they are the same as here as I use the paper diary then put it on here but to be honest it probably doesnt say meals out as I find the paper diary quite confusing since you have to split the meal down into categories eg SW muffins I have to write down eggs and ff cottage cheese or homemade lentil ragu I have to list all the ingredients.

I am sure together we can crack this as I cant be that far wrong ?

Hi Latte.

What I have is all the common meals we eat on separate bits of paper that I keep in a folder. When I first cooked them I sat and worked out whether they were syn-free or not. So now I know which ones are and aren't. Maybe you could do this and show that to your C so you don't have to keep writing down all the ingredients every time you have it. But you do have to list everything - including any sprays of FryLight used, herbs spices the odd pinch of sugar, salt etc - so she can get the full picture.

I am really sorry but your bread rolls are 6 syns each (via the slimming world website syn calculator and books)
I've Just checked these online too via the Healthy B listing. Warburtons Wholemeal Rolls are not listed as a free HexB - their bread is but not the roll. They are listed in the "Syns Online" checker as follows:
Warburtons Wholemeal Lunch Rolls, 6 pack, 67g each 8 syns
Warburtons Wholemeal Sandwich Rolls, 6 pack, 64g each 7 syns.

I'm sat with self same SW book to my left. I know the book says 57g of wholemeal roll is a HexB but I was told that only certain manufacturers count - and Warburtons Rolls do not seem to be listed. Now it may be that they are okay but they might not - you really need to check with your C. It could be little things like this that are causing the problem.

Also with shop bought products you can't just weigh it yourself. You have to use the packaging sizes from the wrappers. Why? I'm not a 100% sure but I was told it was to do with water loss from the product once packaged and that the pack weights are the ones that have to be counted. Bummer !!!

It's just meat you don't eat isn't it? You could be having lots of red days with fish. I try to have an oily fish every week (good for my arthritis) with a baked spud or new potatoes. With serious mounds of veg. I posted a fantastic Salmon recipe here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/215647-salmon-florentine-can-do-chicken-too.html
that is minimal effort to make. I also had a SW friend make it with Sea Bass and she said it was fantastic too.

I also have a fantastic red day trout recipe that I'll post up and send you the link.

There is also a green day Spanish recipe here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/215644-huevos-la-flamenca.html
Just leave the ham out and replace with quorn pieces and have as a very hearty lunch or with SW chips for an evening meal.

I eat things like this all the time and am losing weight. Is it the PCOS that causes the low blood sugars and makes you want to snack? If so then snacking on fruit is the best option and these have natural as opposed to synthetic sugars in them and really help get you blood sugar levels back up far better than cake or chocolate.

I'll find some more fishy recipes for a fred day as these really do speed up weight loss.

We're all here to try and get you losing weight chica.

latte, do you plan your shopping? and do you plan your meals in advance? i always make sure i have stuff like eggs, potatoes, bacon, chicken, veg, fruit and quark in. i can make lots of different meals out of these things alone and its preparation thats the key.

i do think your a little bit in denial (i dont mean that nasty at all and trying to watch how i word this so please dont take offence) about what you are eating, as has been said before on here, everything you have eaten is in your food diary along with pictures, youve underestimated on syns on a few things yet still seem to not be understanding that its this thats to blame hun. its not 2 bread rolls that is putting on the weight nor is it one slip up with the fish that you synned wrong or the using healthy extras when eating out and vastly under synning things, its not just one of those things its all of them added up together. go back to the weeks diary where you lost 2 pound and compare that to the weeks you have gained. how many times did you go out that week comared to when you gained? how many syns did you have each day? where any of the meals estimated or where they calculated more accurately etc. but personally if it were me i would stop looking back and draw a line under it cos you are literally going round in circles, just take tonight to go through your books again, go through your meal books, ask your partner to cook some of the meals out of the green books, and most of them are to feed 4 so if its just you and your partner you could freeze the portion thats left and have them another night, try to follow it to the letter, try not to have a flexi syn day at all this week and keep your syns below 10 each day. and then if you do all of that and still dont lose then its the diet not working for you but at the minute how it stands looking at your food diaries hunni its you not following the diet well enough. we will do this together and im on here several times a day this week as im determined to have a good loss, ive been messing about cheating on it and im stuck, i havent done one particular thing wrong but i know that its all the little extras ive been having that have added up, like estimating my cheese, having alcoholic drinks and not synning them, not keeping proper track of how many syns im having etc etc my list of wrong doings is endless believe me lol, so im stripping it down too, ive started a new diary so if you want some support or help or just some one to have a good old moan to and say how hard it is some days (which it is) im here :) chin up xxx

I am so overwhelmed with all your support xxx

and yes Lou you are right I am probably in denial ! Next meal out planned is a week tomorrow. Nothing planned for the weekend yet.

That is interesting about the bread rolls as it doesnt say in the book only certain manufacturers count it just says 57g bread roll so that is quite naughty as who else is making the same mistake I am ?

Thanks for the recipes Pomme I do eat salmon and sea bass I dont eat shellfish or a lot of other fish ie monkfish tuna steaks etc as they are just too meaty

I eat
tinned tuna
salmon
sea bass
plaice
haddock
cod

I think that might be it oh and sweet herring !!! There could be a couple more but I cant eat fish more then a couple of times a week as after a while it makes me gag

Right books out again and this is a new week x

I wonder which bread rolls count as I much prefer them to pitta bread.

Hi Latte

I've just posted the Trout recipe - but it has mussels or prawns in it. You could try it without the shellfish though as the sauce would be nice just on the trout.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/238189-baked-trout-leek-sauce.html

According to SW Online the only rolls that count as HexB are :
1 x 57g Tesco Healthy Living Wholmeal Oatbran roll
1 x 50g Dietary Specials White Ciabatta Roll Gluten & Wheat Free
1 x 50g Dietary Specials White Ciabatta Roll Part Baked Gluten & Wheat Free
57g Glutafin Select Part Baked Long, Fibre Bread Rolls Gluten Free
1 Glutafin Gluten Free Select Fibre Bread Roll, 4 pack

Do ask your C though about the Warburtons ones - as we could all be wrong!

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and phoned the over priced syn hotline at goodness knows a minute from my mobile as I just had to know once and for all.
Verdict straight from slimming world ANY wholemeal bread or roll doesn't matter what brand make or model is hex b for 57g as long as it is just wholemeal.
Then the confusion starts I explained which one and she said hex b plus 2 syns as it is over 57g but I said no it isn't the rolls are only 50g and if I had bought the same ones in a clear plastic bag or lose they would be a hex b and she agreed but she can only go by portion size on the packaging they have which was the same as mine. And she kept repeating hex b for 57g regardless of make or brand as long as purely wholemeal, Which these rolls are so I only have a couple left for arguments sake I will hex b plus syns even though technically I don't have to if going by weight alone and next time I will buy loose rolls and weigh them or the supermarket baked ones as she agreed with me there is no difference between wholemeal bread and rolls !

i am shocked with the bread tbh.....i have to use a hex B for two waffly/skinny/see thru/almost transparent slices of bread (that fall apart when toasted) yet you can eat those rolls wow i need to eat them !!????? why have conflicting advice everywhere tho(especially as they are synned in the books and online syn calculator) i may be cautious still tho as different things have different things added despite being the same product (if that makes sense) like some things have hidden oil in them or have less/more fibre added making them more/less slimming world friendly. its like the breakfast bars you can have two alpens but not even one of another type/brand? oh maybe because they arent listed as free i shouldnt be going there.

Last edited:
Lou, you say exactly what i feel and think but so much better. it seems we have had a similar week !! x

My weeks not going well either! :cry:
I had planned 7 days of red to try and get my last 1 kg off but . . .
Had 1 green and 1 EE as had rice Tuesday and pasta and loads of meat last night as I had a serious carb craving.
Going out for a meal tonight with my friend who isn't landing at the airport until 9pm. I WILL just have a steak and salad! :D

We went through all the nutritional information and she said that it didnt matter how many calories/fibre/carbs there was as long as it was wholemeal.

Confused I know I am

Right last few days food and I have already screwed up todays food as I was aiming for red but forgot that super speed soup is green or ee due to the beans so have to switch to ee which I hate and I have already had an alpen light bar and a wholemeal roll so I have had to syn the alpen light.

Monday Green day

B melon 3 crispbreads (½ hex b) with laughing cow light (hex a)
S box fruit salad
L sw egg muffins made with ff cottage cheese 5 scan bran (hex b) with marmite cucumber tomatoes pepper and an activia mango yoghurt
D tofu fillet (5) with roasted veg – bns aubergine mushrooms and red onion and boiled potatoes mayo (2)
S alpen light (½ hex b)

Total 7
Superfree foods 10 ???

Tuesday Green

B 2 egg muffins made with cottage cheese pear and 2 fresh figs
S grapes
L 1 wholemeal roll (hex b) with tuna (3) and mayo (1) pepper cucumber cherry toms and box of fruit salad
S 2 cheese strings (hex a) crumble yoghurt (0.5)
d superspeed bean soup

S 2 mini hi fi bars 1 chocolate heroes 2.5

Weigh in another 0.5lb on

Total 8
Super free foods 10 ???

Wednesday Green

b rhubarb crumble yoghurt (0.5) nectarine 2 fresh figs
l 3 SW egg muffins made with ff cottage cheese thai mug shot (0.5) 3 crispbreads (1/2 hex b ) cucumber tomatoes anchor light (2) pear
s small hi fi bar (1/2 hex b) 2 cheese strings grapes
d superspeed bean soup

s oaty bar hex b 2 chocolate heroes (5)

Total 8
Superfree 10??

I made it using

1 leek
1 packet chopped carrots
1 onion
1 packet veg for mashing
1 tin bean salad in water
1 tin sweet chilli baked beans
1 tin baked beans
1 tin green lentils
1 tin chopped tomatoes
veg stock

just bung it all in a pan boil and let simmer I also added herbs and cayenne pepper

Attachments

• IMAG1312 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1312 (Medium).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG1315 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1315 (Medium).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG1318 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1318 (Medium).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 22
Back