Latte's diary for health & happiness mainly Green days with pictures

You ok chica? I've awol for a few days and like Lou find you're not here.

Sorry girls I usually update on a Sunday and it slipped my mind

There really is nothing outstanding but here you go x

Saturday GREEN

B 2 fresh figs and grapes

L pasta salad made with tuna (hex b) mayo (2) and rest of the fat free yoghurt sweetcorn peppers tomatoes cucumber and spring onions it was 75g of uncooked pasta which is the recommended portion

S hi fi bar (hex B)

D home made thai green curry made with kara coconut milk (hex a) soya pieces (3) mushrooms carrots cauliflower and sweet potato with rice (again this is weighed out for the recommended portion)

I couldnt eat all of this and left most of my rice as I was stuffed

S coffee ice cream weighed out for 6 syns

total 11
Superfree 10

Sunday GREEN
B 2 dippy eggs with nimble bread (hexb) anchor light (2)

L fruit salad with fresh figs grapes mango pineapple and melon 2 dairy lea tri bites (hex a) mini box of smarties (3.5)

potatoes were dug up from the garden in the afternoon and they were super fresh

D potatoes and mushrooms done in acti fry with 2 quorn burgers (5) mayo (2) and baked beans
S fibre plus bar (hexB)

total 12.5
superfree 6

Monday GREEN

B 2 fresh figs 2 dairy lea triangles (hex a ) 3 crispbreads (3)

L rest of pasta salad as Saturday so 75g uncooked pasta swetcorn tuna (hexb) mayo (2) peppers tomato and spring onion

S mini caramel bite (4)

D super speedy soup with nimble bread (hexb) anchor light (2)

total 11
superfree 10 +

Tuesday RED

B 2 figs 1 satsuma

L smoked salmon scan bran (hexb ) with laughing cow light (hexa) pepper tomatoes cucumber olives (1) and carrots followed by orange melon

then I had weigh in and to my shock and horror I put on 1.5lb I had no reason the consultant had no reason I was an inch away from tears as I really cant see why

D homemade mushroom soup with fish snack balls (3) 4 dark ryvita (hex b) rest of laughing cow light (hexa)

S 3 biscuits (9)

Total 13

Superfree

Where oh where am I going wrong is the fact my syns have gone above 10 but surely it is impossible to put on 1.5lb with only an extra 20-40 calories a day it is meant to be an extra 3500 to put on 1lb of fat

I have been honest I have not had a sneaky drink everything is weighed or measured and only recommended portions eaten not huge vats even though it is free

Attachments

• IMAG1396 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1396 (Medium).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG1395 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1395 (Medium).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG1394 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1394 (Medium).jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG1390 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1390 (Medium).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG1389 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1389 (Medium).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 45
right hunni i have been through and 2 things i noticed.
1-on your last post you said 4 ryvita as a healthy extra b, its only 2 hun so that adds another 3 syns to that day.
2-going from wednesday to tuesday you have had 92 syns adding on the 3 syns you missed, which i know striclty speaking isnt over but its way up there, and as you have previously said you are unable to do any exercise so i think this is the culprit again, if your not exercising and having a higher amount of syns then unfortunately your not going to lose especially coupled with your pcos which makes weight loss very difficult anyway. i try to stick to 70 syns per week because i know if i go upto 105 i wouldnt lose. also are you weighing and measuring absolutely everything exactly? cos i know i get into the habit of guesstimating when im in a rush. im not saying this is the reason why but its the only thing i can think of hun. other than it being water retention. do you drink plenty of water through the day?

the week you had that great loss what were your syns total for the week?

also your meal out you counted the cheese as a healthy extra but unless you weighed it hunni how do you know it was a healthy extra and the balsamic that you counted as half a syn, how did you know it was only half a syn? and you counted the rest as free but as weve said before when eating out there are hidden syns, this could have taken you over your weekly amount hun, you were already on 92 syns for the week so if there have been extras that youve not accounted for you could have quite easily have gone over your weekly amount.

Thanks Lou I have checked my book and it is 2 ryvita for speed for 4 ryvita for extra fibre so the 4 I had is defintely a hex b as I always check the ryvita page 24 of the book

I classed the dressing as 5 not 0.5 if you add up the syns you will see it is 5 but I had put a fulll stop after balsamic for some reason !

The cheese was such a tiny amount there is no way it was a proper portion and it was all part of the salad

Everything I have is weighed measured counted etc even the ice cream I had the other day and it is always recommended portions

so only 79 for last week as

I have gone back from Wednesday onwards

Week before was

72.5 so a difference of 6.5 syns which is 130 calories which is not going to break the bank

Water is fine I have 0.5 litre of normal water at least a day plus 1.5 litre of no added sugar squash every day

i checked the ryvita online and it says just 2 but 3 syns isnt going to make a massive amount of difference either way anyway. i dont know hun? like i say the only thing i could think would be the meal but one meal even if it was high in syns without you knowing wouldnt make for a gain? could you maybe try having extra easy for a change? i know you dont eat meat or much fish but with the fish you do like perhaps you could throw in a few extra easy days per week?

it could just be a touch of water retention hun and be one of those awful unexplained gains that we all have from time to time, please dont get disheartened, you had a great 4 pound loss the other week, and if your not doing anything to that week then it has to just be water retention.

Thanks Lou x

The only difference in the week before was I had one high syn day 17.5 when I had some weight bread so had a couple of low syn days to compensate.

Maybe I need to vary the amount of syns I have to shock my body

The consultant says try to do red as much as I can so I am going for a red day today as planned

B 1 egg 2 fresh figs grapes

S alpen light bar (1/2 hex B)

L tin tuna mixed with bit of mayo (2) peppers spring onions and possibly cucumber on 3 crispbreads (1/hexb) cherry activia yoghurt orange melon

S 2 dairylea tribites (hex a)

D tofu fillet (5) teeny tiny tin of beans (hexB) roasted aubergine bns mushrooms and onions

S mini box of smarties (3.5)

Total 8
Superfree 10

that is the plan anyway

Don't eat any type of meat at all and I don't eat chicken or turkey either or shellfish.
I eat eggs cheese tofu quorn lentils beans salmon plaice haddock cod sea bass and maybe a couple of other types of fish so I do have variety and lots to choose from x

was just thinking what about a slimming world quiche? i did one today i used bacon as the base but you can obviously leave this out, then put mushrooms, onion, a tin of tuna in the dish then mixed 4 eggs and a large spoon of quark together and baked until it was golden brown, very delicious and filling. alot of the fast losers in our group eat lots of eggs, i think cos they fill you up for longer. i sometimes boil eggs on a night and snack on them instead of fruit all the time.

I do make mini quiches or egg muffins as I call them with cottage cheese eggs and spring onions but not made any for a couple of weeks.

I stuck to plan yesterday but forgot about the 4 olives so 9.5 syns which isn't too bad.

Today is green as I am skint and I had an Uncle Bens sweet and sour rice time in the office. This was lovely but I am hungry again however I do still have a hex b and 2 hex a if I need it so might have a mini hi fi bar with a cup of earl grey

Sorry I keep forgetting to update here

Wednesday RED

b boiled egg 2 fresh figs grapes
s alpen light (1/2 hexb)
d tin tuna with 3 crackerbread (1/2 hexb) olives (1) tomatoes cucumber carrots activia cherry yoghurt
s 2 cheese strings (hex a)
d teeny tin of beans (hexb) tofu (5) roast veg - bns aubergine and mushrooms
s mini box smarties 3.5

total 9.5
superfree 9

Thursday GREEN
b porridge (hex b) syrup (2)
s 1 fresh fig 1 mini hi fi bar (1/2 hexb)
l Uncle Bens sweet and sour rice time satusma 3 plums
s 1 ryvita 1.5 jam 1 2 cheese stings hex a
d omlette made with eggs mushrooms and red onion with cucumber and tomatos and pepper
s mini hi fi 1/2 hex b

total 4.5
superfree 8

Friday RED
B boiled egg box melon/grapes
L wholemeal roll 62 g (hex b +1 ) tuna spring onions tomato cucumber and a bag of square crisp as I really fancied a treat (5)
S 4 mikado (2)
D sweet chilli salmon with celeriac chips mushrooms and broc/cauli cheese made with 0% greek yoghurt and 42g low low cheese (hex a)
s oaty bar (hex b)

Total 12
Superfree 9

Attachments

• IMAG1403 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1403 (Medium).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG1407 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1407 (Medium).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG1408 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1408 (Medium).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG1414 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1414 (Medium).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 42
Saturday this turned into a flexi syn day as I have no idea how to count anything due to the fact we ate out twice.
This was completely unplanned and I enjoyed every mouthful.
I also know I could have eaten a lot worse

Breakfast was a veggie brunch at Giraffe which was 2 veggie sausages small portion of beans scrambled egg mushrooms with 3 really tiny thin slices of soda bread with 1 butter portion

Dinner was at the Chinese buffet in Manchester after seeing Legally Blonde and I had two small plates of

boiled rice, singapore noodles veg chow mein with 1 handful of chips and some cubed potatoes but this was only on the first plate

washed down with diet coke

I reckon over 15 but under 50 if anyone wants to make a guess feel free !

Sunday GREEN

B melon and grapes with apple and mango fat free onken yoghurt

L tuna (3) with 3 crackerbread (1/2 hexB) tomatoes cucumber and 1 alpen light ( 1/2 hexB)

S 2 cheese strings (hexa) rest of melon and grapes

D super speedy soup

S oaty bar (hex B)

syns 3 to make up for yesterday

superfree lots !!!

Last edited:
Hi latte - been awol (again! more visitors) so just had a quick catch up.

Most of the time your food diary looks ok but couple of questions.
1. Does coconut milk class as a HexA? I thought you had to syn it.
2. Do you use your actifry a lot? I know you don't have to put a lot of oil in but it still needs to me synned when you use it.

Quiche - I make a fantastic smoked salmon one and it is soooooo filling. I know you eat salmon but not sure about the smoked variety.

The biggest thing I really have to steer clear of if I want a good loss, is carbs. Bread, pasta and rice - I bloat like hell and retain water. Now I know this is tough with you being a veggie but can you try a week where you limit yourself to only having these say twice in the week. I fill up on baked spuds (done in the microwave) with plain yoghurt or home-made tzatziki as a dressing with my main meal as my HexB on a red day. For lunch I have swapped to wraps and pittas. For some unexplained reason I don't bloat on these - maybe because they don't have yeast in.

Also for lunch I try to avoid any carbs. I usually have a big bowl of home-made "green" soup followed by fruit and yoghurt. This keeps me going all afternoon and is free or superfree and means I don't have to decide until evening if I want a green or red day.

If you want the recipe for the green soup let me know. It is cheap and easy to make. I freeze it in portion sized plastic pots which can be taken to work and pinged in the microwave to defrost and cook. Soup is actually very filling and great as a winter warmer! Much better for you than grabbing something like a mug shot, pasta n sauce, or an Uncle Ben's prepared rice.

Chin up chica, I know you've had a few weeks without a loss, but pcos makes it even harder for you. But you CAN & WILL do this with our help.
:bighug:

Last edited:
Thanks Pommette. We have a lot of home made soup during the winter as it is cheap and filling. The coconut milk is in a carton and it isnt thick like the tinned stuff it is a non dairy milk and 100% a hex A have a look in the healthy extra section on here as that is where I saw it

re the actify I know my husband only uses the fry light in it and no oil anymore as I ask him not to or he uses a teaspoon between the two of us nothing like the tablespoon recommended.

As I said on slow losers another 0.5lb on this week but it is that dreaded star week and my endometriosis and or PCOS is playing up something chronic on my right side which is the only side affected by it. Back to physio on Thuesday and gynae next Thursday

I have been trying to cut down on pasta and rice but then the Chinese on Saturday stopped that and I know we are having cheap pasta bake tonight using a packet of pasta and sauce extra pasta and veg mmmmmmmm

Monday GREEN

B rainbow layer fruit salad cherry activia yoghurt
S satusmas
L packet of quorn chicken slices with scan bran (hex B) laughing cow light (hex a) tomatoes and cucumber 2 choc fingers 2.5
S 3 crackerbread (3) light anchor (3) jam (1)
D baked beans on WW wholemeal bread (hexB)

Was so hungry just craved carbs thank you TOM (star week)

total syns 9.5
suoperfree 7

Tuesday EE (gained 0.5)

B melon/grapes

S activia blackberry yoghurt 0.5

L smoked salmon mini ryvitas (hex b) whole pepper tomatoes cucumber mug super speed soup olives 1

S 1/2 pack fruit salad mini milky way but 3

D fish cakes (3) 3 crackerbread 3 low fact cheese hex a scraping flora 3 tomatoes cucumber grapes

total 13.5
superfree lots

Wednesday GREEN

B 4 fresh figs and melon

S 1 alpen light (1/2hex b)

L cheese salad made with 42g low fat cheese hex a , olives 1 salad leaves and ceasar frylight spray with a bag of square crisps 5

s fruit salad

D pasta bake we shared one pasta and sauce between us and added more pasta 50g philly and 20 g low fat cheese (hex a) with extra mushrooms cauli and brocolli

S alpen light 1/2 hex b 4 mikado 2

Total 8
superfree 8

Thursday

at hospital again so needed a quick lunch and really couldnt be bothered cooking dinner as I was a bit upset so GREEN again

B 4 fresh figs pear

S apple crumble yoghurt 0.5

L tilda sweet chilli rice 2 olives 1

S two cheese strings (hex a ) grapes

D boiled potatoes with beans and 42g low fat cheese hex b

S 2 mini dime chocs 3 and oaty bar hex b

total 6.5

superfree 4

Friday RED

B porridge hex b with syrup 2

S activia yoghurt mini hi fi bar 1/2 hex b

L cheese hex a salad as Wednesday box fruit salad

S grapes

D chilli salmon with red day mash - celeriac bns and carrot with roast veg

S french fancy 5

Total 7
superfree 10

Saturday this was an unexpected meal out so no idea of syns

B 2 alpen lights hex b

L ate out starter had potato skins filled with cheese and onion then had half a ciabatta filled with mushrooms wih french fries

D box of fruit salad with 2 slices ww toast hex b with jam 2 cheese strings hex a and some fat free onken apple and mango yoghurt

so still not doing too badly and I know I need to cut down on green days and stop relying on pasta and rice

Attachments

• IMAG1428 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1428 (Medium).jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG1429 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1429 (Medium).jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG1434 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1434 (Medium).jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG1435 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG1435 (Medium).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 31
I didnt mean to cut down so much on my syns but I reckon what I ate on Saturday more than made up for it !

Today is weigh in day and no idea how I will do as once again my unofficial weigh in on Saturday showed a loss so we shall see

Sunday GREEN

B fruit fingers - mango melon pineapple, grapes 3 crackerbread (1/2 hex b) with Jam 2

L 1 cheese strings (hex a) gherkins tomatoes 3 crackerbread philly light activia yoghurt

D southern quorn burger 2.5 with acti fry potatoes and roast veg - bns aubergine mushrooms and onions

S jaffa cake bar 5

total 9.5
superfree 9

Monday GREEN

B pear and grapes

S alpen light 1/2 hx b

L scan bran hex b with 2 mashed boiled eggs bit of mayo (2) cucumber tomatoes olives (1) mushrooms and yellow pepper activia yoghurt bit of light butter (2)

S apple

D quorn lemon and black pepper fillet (7) with mash made with potato carrot and sweede and 42g low fat cheese hex a and sweetcorn

S alpen light 1/2 hex b

total 12
suoperfree 10

Mine is 5.30 to 6pm and I usually update from the class before the talk starts.

Fingers crossed for both of us. I hope you are feeling better x

Back