LauraLoo's Food Diary

LauraLoo

Silver Member
I think keeping a note of things will really help me stay on track so going to try and keep this diary up to date.:)

Quick background - I joined WW (monthly pass) then the day before my FIRST weigh in (April 2010) was taken to hospital and had emergency surgery :( which has meant everything kind of fell by the wayside as I was recovering - with a 5 month old and 3 year old too things weren't easy! WW were great when I got in touch about refunding my monthly pass amount, I will rejoin the classes too when I can but for now I am going to use this site plus WW one for recipes and see how I get on. I NEED to lose the baby weight!

Shall update later on with my day's food. I think i will be using this site a lot for advice/info!

My points are 26 per day, as I am still breastfeeding my daughter too so it says I still get 5 extra points?! :D Will see how I go with that but may cut that down a little further if the weight isn't budging as I want it too!

If people have any advice for me please feel free to add to this for me too!

Heehee, hiya Mrs! :) You are my inspiration atm, you are doing sooooo well!! I am so impressed. If I can do aswell as you I will be SUPER proud!

Ok so here goes today...

Breakfast
Slice Weetabix cake with scraping marg - 3 pts

Lunch
WW tin soup - 1 pt

Snack
Apricots (150g) - 3 pts
Apple - 0.5 pt

Dinner
Tikka masala ready meal - 4 pts
Mango chutney - 1 pt
Strawberries (300g) - 1 pt

Snack

Curly Wurly - 2.5 pts
Go ahead bar - 2 pts

Milk in tea - 1pt

Total = 19
Saved = 7

Monday 14/6

Not a great day today...was really quite hungry in evening so was snacking! Still inside points, but I'm just wary of the extra 5 points I get for breastfeeding but we'll see how things go....

B - Oats So Simple - 2.5pts

L - Turkey sandwich - 4pts, Scone & jam - 3.5 pts, Nectarine - 0.5 pts

D - Sweet and Sour Ready Meal - 5 pts

Snacks

Snack a Jacks - 1.5pts
Go ahead Fruit Bake - 2.5pts
Go ahead Crispy Slices - 3 pts
Curly Wurly - 2.5 pts

Total = 25 pts
Saved = 1 pt

I've also started keeping track of my points on iWatchr on my iPhone which is great when out and about, has a points calculator etc on it too. Should help me not underestimate points of things or forget something I have eaten! :D

Thanks chick. :) I'm trying, here's hoping for a good loss to keep me motivated!

Tuesday 15/6/10

B - 2 slice wholemeal toast, 1 banana, WW yoghurt - 4.5 pts

L - Pitta, turkey, salad, humous - 5 pts, Snack a Jacks - 1.5 pts

D - Chicken breast, BBQ sauce, Jacket potato (+ some marg), Roasted courgette & red pepper - 6 pts

Milk in tea - 1 pt

Snacks

2 x nectarines - 1 pt

WW caramel dessert- 3 pts

Total = 22 pts

Am stuffed tonight after my dinner, was sooo yummy! I think I need to make sure I plan better dinners like that when I can - the ready meals are good as a stand by, or if caught short before going shopping but after a wee while I'm then really hungry and end up snacking when the kids are in bed....need to write a menu plan for the week I think and keep organised with it!

Last edited:
BBQ sauce recipe

Found it on this site! :)

Ingredients

1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetener
4 tbsp balsamac vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Balsalmic vinegar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a BBQ.

Spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

Ready in 20 minutes, serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Trying to post a pic, hoping it works...my dinner last night!

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 75
Wednesday 15/6/10

Ended up out for lunch today (DP's day off) so lunch was more points than normal though I did make better choices than I would have in the past - hope I have pointed it accurately, if there are mistakes please let me know as still getting my head around pointing stuff!

B - 2 slice wholemeal toast, low cal jam - 3 pts, WW yog - 1pt

L - Melon portion (1), chicken skewer, small portion rice, salad (4), meringue nest (0.5) with cream (2) and mixed berries (0.5)

So 8 points in total?? Also had some ginger beer on way home (shared with DP) which was prob around 1 point.

9 for lunch then??

D - 2 x turkey burgers (4 pts as had to add an egg to bind mixture) + rolls (4 pts) and salad - 8pts

Milk in tea - 1 pt

Total = 24

Snacks

Teacake - 2 pts

Last edited:
Thursday 17/6/10

B - none

L - pitta with low fat humous, turkey, salad - 4 pts. Skips - 1.5 pts, Teacake - 2 pts (7.5 pts)

D - Roasted veg pasta with some mozarella, 2 slice garlic bread, salad - 11 pts. Glass wine - 2 pts. Mixed berries - 1 pt.

Snacks
Solero - 2 pts, curly wurly - 2.5 pts, Go ahead biscuits - 3 pts. 3 milk tray chocs - 2 pts I guessed??

Milk in tea - 1 pt

Total = 32 (over by 6..though I do think I may have overestimated the pasta slightly and the chocs? lol)

Yeah woops. :-/ Went to a friend's house for dinner, the wine has added on extra points then I got peckish later on too! Will adjust points tomorrow accordingly....plus I had some left over from earlier in the week so hoping it hasn't affected things too much....time will tell on Saturday I guess!

Last edited:
Just want to put this here so I don't forget about it!

Roasted Tomato Spaghetti

Serves 4
5.5 points

• low fat cooking spray
  • 750g cherry tomatoes
  • 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
  • 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 225g dried spaghetti
  • 4tbs shredded fresh basil leaves
  • 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 125g pack light mozzarella, drained and chopped roughly
Pre heat the oven at gas mark 7. Line a roasting tin with foil and mist with low fat spray. Place the tomatoes and garlic in the tin and drizzle the olive oil, swirling the tin around to coat the tomatoes. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are just charred and split.

Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly.

Remove the garlic cloves from the roasting tin and set them aside to cool slightly. Mix the tomatoes, pasta and basil together in a pan, season and reheat on the hob.

Squeeze the garlic from its skin - it will be quite soft - and mix with the balsamic vinegar. Stir the garlic misture into the pasta with the chopped mozzarella. Leave it for 2 minutes so that the heat melts the mozzarella, then serve.

18/6/10

B - Mixed berries and WW yoghurt - 2 pts

L - Chicken Tikka wrap (O'Briens) - don't know official points but will go for 6 to be on safe side? Does anyone have details of points in O'Briens?

D - Creamy roasted veg pasta - 5.5 pts

Snacks - Skips 1.5pts, teacake - 2 pts, skinny cow lolly - 1.5 pts

Milk in tea - 1 pt

Total= 19.5 pts

Weigh in day tomorrow....eeek, wonder how things will have gone. :confused:

Last edited:
Back