LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

Thanks ladies, I think I will definitely be getting straight back onto it when I get back, probably even more determined if I have put anything on. I would also like to pack my scales again like I did in Center Parcs!! I know it seems odd but one of my main problems is denial, if the scales don't say I've put on weight - I haven't. Therefore I avoid them and assume I haven't gained. I think keeping tabs on what I'm doing will stop things getting out of control. I'll have to check the baggage allowance or maybe invest in some cheapy ones while I'm out there.
So I caved and had tuna for lunch but it has kept me going all afternoon without wanting for anything else. At least its Monday tomorrow, I'm not usually a Monday person but I do love I know I can be 100% on the diet throughout the week without much bother!
Fingers and toes still crossed for this weeks WI on thursday, I know I'm going to feel defeated if I dont have a good loss this week. Anything over 3lbs will be good :)

Ha, that's the one good thing about Monday's for me too - that I know I'll have an easier time on the diet when I'm at work :)

Hope I am back to 198lbs tomorrow too, then I am hoping fo 4lbs this week, which will take me to 19lbs to my goal before the wedding! Just a lb difference but being under the 20lbs to goal will make a massive difference mentally.

Have to start doing more exercise now, at least my new job will be less shift work, it will help me get into a good routine exercise wise x

You are so close now Tara, how long til the wedding now? Is there much left to do or are you all sorted and just concentrating on getting excited?
You'll be back to where you were very soon and at least you got to enjoy your birthday weekend which you always said you would.
I guess I just get so impatient with stuff, feel like I've been good for a few weeks so it should all be over now. I'm hoping I can get close to goal by my birthday in early August though, it's not long in the scheme of things and if I give up at my birthday I'll just be thinking where I could have been by then if I'd stuck with it.
Still, work days now which are easy and the hubby is around next weekend so should be good. Just going for a carvers next Sunday but I wot overdo it and I'll avoid carbs like the plague!! x

I had a carvery at in week 5 and I was ok, I had one potato and one parsnip. It was a nice treat really.

We have everything booked that we needed to get, venue, dresses, flowers, suits, shoes, cake, food, cars, rings, registrar, honeymoon, photographer and on and on and on!!! It's 11 weeks away now, I have 23lbs to lose, hope to do that before my hen night mid may though. If I don't I will have a couple of days off for hen weekend and then back on this until wedding.

Glad I enjoyed my bday yeah, it was nice. Now back to it and knuckling down again. I can see why some people fall of the wagon after a break, I must admit it has been hard this week, but think it's mainly down to the fact that I have had a good few days off, OH is a home eating normal food etc.

x

All that wedding stuff is so much fun though, I really do miss it, it never really felt like a stress. Only certain family members made some aspects difficult, so we just uninvited them, done :) harsh I know but it was our day, nobody else's!
Enjoy your hen night, and you know you then have the last little stretch until the wedding then. I can imagine its hard to get back on track after a break but at least you have the best motivation of all! x

I'm going to be honest and say I'm feeling really down and disheartened today, the scales have stayed the same for the 4th day running, I've not lost an ounce this week. Ive been good and Ive been doing exercise, it just doesnt really make sense.
I think Ive got to make the call that if I have another crappy loss this week after giving it my best shot I might have to call it a day. Its so disheartening seeing everybody else constantly lose 3 or 4lbs per week and my losses just feel so slow.
Come on body, restore my faith by Thursday WI, please???

Try not to feel down Laura. Maybe try mixing it up a little? Like having a protein meal everyday for a week alongside two packs, or alternate. This is what I've been doing, (not this week) but since week 5ish, and seems to help. Maybe you're laying down some muscle or retaining water, take measurements too.

I feel that if my losses drop less than 2lbs a week, consistently I will prob change the diet though, so know how you feel. But the weight is still coming off, some weeks on other diets I was STS or half a pound off and I got so annoyed, also binged more on other diets and slowly gained weight again. Everyone is different but you have done so well on this so far, would be shame to see you stop. Just keep fingers crossed for weigh in, get plenty of water down you too.

xx

Hey Laura, I've had really crappy weeks on this diet too but they do even out in the great scheme of things. I've decided that weight drops are completely random and I just take them when they come and try not to get down about things if they don't. Easier said than done I know! I've had weeks at 100% where I have lost a measley 0.5lbs and other weeks where my losses have been much better. I've lost 0.6lbs so far this week (WI on Wed) and so it might be a rubbish week. On the other hand I could lose another pound or so before WI. Like I said it seems to be totally random. Keep the faith, and carry on for at least a couple of weeks. I'm looking independently at your stats and on the weeks you've been 100% you've lost 3.25lbs or more. If you do decide not to carry on then make sure you have a great plan to move to as the absolute worst thing will be to stop and then gain the weight again. Chin up, and keep on going :)

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your support! I think its just so hard to not have high expectations when the diet is essentially so extreme. However I also had a bit of a pep talk with my hubby who told me to snap out of it haha! I guess when it came down to it I wouldnt want to stop as I know I wouldnt be ready to maintain yet, so the weight would go on, so no doubt in a months time I'd be sat back near enough what I weighed before wondering where I could have been if I'd stuck with it. So I wont let that happen, I just have to learn to deal with the slow weeks and just be excited for the next week which might be bigger.
I also realised I'd let a few bad habits creep in (a squirt of mayo in my tuna and a bit of spoon licking/picking here and there) which won't do me any favours. I knocked that on the head and the scales finally moved a little this morning. 1.8lbs, so hoping I can bring that up to 3 by WI on thursday.
Next time I'll promise not to throw a strop!! But thanks again xx

Hi :), new to this....delivery due today and starting tomorrow!!! Spending time reading diaries to see how others cope etc, I think you have done amazingly and only hope I can achieve the same.
We're off to Florida on 2nd June for 2 weeks in a villa too :) so excited!! Hoping I can be 2 stone lighter by then, I really want to feel healthier and happier by then.
Hope you don't mind me following your diary and progress xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi loopy :) Please do follow my diary, I need all the help I can't get lol!! I hope you enjoy starting today, I remember feeling so excited for my first day and almost relieved when I started. You just have to fight through the first few days if they're hard and it will all be worth it.
I can't wait to go to Florida, I've been before but my husband hasn't. We wanted to do it before we have children as they will just slow us down lol!! I've also not stayed in a villa before, my own pool, yay. I'll never want to come home!!!!
Good luck and keep us posted xxx

Hi loopy :) Please do follow my diary, I need all the help I can't get lol!! I hope you enjoy starting today, I remember feeling so excited for my first day and almost relieved when I started. You just have to fight through the first few days if they're hard and it will all be worth it.
I can't wait to go to Florida, I've been before but my husband hasn't. We wanted to do it before we have children as they will just slow us down lol!! I've also not stayed in a villa before, my own pool, yay. I'll never want to come home!!!!
Good luck and keep us posted xxx

I know what you mean, we went in 2003 when my son was 7. Had a fab time but couldn't do everything as he was too small but nows he's 15 and 6ft theres no stopping us :D
We stayed at a villa before and its amazing. I loved doing the parks all day, stopping for dinner then coming home and into your own private pool :cool: You will absolutely love it.
So excited about packs being delivered today, I was awake from 3 this morning with heartburn!! not sure what thats all about as have never suffered before.....maybe my bodys way of saying thank god for that - don't have to try to process the rubbish anymore lol
My son is going to phone me when he gets in from school just incase I need to collect the parcel from city link depot as I don't want to delay the start any longer.
My hubbie is also going to do it with me so will be easier as at least we have each others support. Should save lots of money too as I have enough food in freezer and cupboards etc to last my son months - only need to get fresh fruit/veg/milk for him - more spending money for Florida ;)

Hope you have a great day
x

Its funny, there are so many miserable children in the parks. They are hot and tired and the parents look miserable too! It’s fantastic when they are old enough to enjoy it though. I first went when i was 7 and I do remember it, I’m sure I couldn’t go on all the rides but it didn’t spoil it for me at that age at all. I still get so excited like a little kid, especially this time as discovery cove and aquatic are new for me. Plus my husband will do all the driving so I will be chauffeured around the parks and out to dinner, fantastic! And I’ll get ID’d for alcohol, great confidence boost haha! Im hoping I can control any weight gain, because I won’t be at goal by then. I’m making a plan ahead of time though and hoping to get straight back on it when i get back. I know the portions out there though and its all so good itll be tough holding myself back!
Its fantastic that your husband is doing the diet too, that will be a great support and far more of the temptations will be out of your way. My hubby keeps saying he wants to do it too but he only has about a stone to lsoe so I wont let him! Plus I want him to take a while to finish so he isn’t eating all naughty stuff while I’m still dieting. I do still have to cook for him which has been hard recently but I’m back on it now and going to speed it up again!
I remember there were problems with my first order (not S&S fault) and I had to delay starting for a day (2nd Feb) I was gutted. Its so good to jump right in when your head is in the right place. The next day I started and I haven’t regretted a moment of it.

I even saw an outfit I liked on the internet today, with peach jeans!!! For someone who only wears black and denim its a big thing, not sure I’ll buy it yet but the fact I’m even considering it is a big step for me :D xx

Its funny, there are so many miserable children in the parks. They are hot and tired and the parents look miserable too! It’s fantastic when they are old enough to enjoy it though. I first went when i was 7 and I do remember it, I’m sure I couldn’t go on all the rides but it didn’t spoil it for me at that age at all. I still get so excited like a little kid, especially this time as discovery cove and aquatic are new for me. Plus my husband will do all the driving so I will be chauffeured around the parks and out to dinner, fantastic! And I’ll get ID’d for alcohol, great confidence boost haha! Im hoping I can control any weight gain, because I won’t be at goal by then. I’m making a plan ahead of time though and hoping to get straight back on it when i get back. I know the portions out there though and its all so good itll be tough holding myself back!
Its fantastic that your husband is doing the diet too, that will be a great support and far more of the temptations will be out of your way. My hubby keeps saying he wants to do it too but he only has about a stone to lsoe so I wont let him! Plus I want him to take a while to finish so he isn’t eating all naughty stuff while I’m still dieting. I do still have to cook for him which has been hard recently but I’m back on it now and going to speed it up again!
I remember there were problems with my first order (not S&S fault) and I had to delay starting for a day (2nd Feb) I was gutted. Its so good to jump right in when your head is in the right place. The next day I started and I haven’t regretted a moment of it.

I even saw an outfit I liked on the internet today, with peach jeans!!! For someone who only wears black and denim its a big thing, not sure I’ll buy it yet but the fact I’m even considering it is a big step for me :D xx

Love the sound of peach jeans....I only ever seem to wear black or variations of dark colours :eek: can't wait to be more adventureous :)
I'm also being realistic about the food in Florida, I think if you go expecting to enjoy the food etc and face the gain it will be far easier to get back on track and lose the excess when you get home.
I've been on plans before where I've though ohhh I'll be good and come back with a tiny gain or sts but then blew it on holiday and felt an huge failure. I know I won't be able to resist some things out there so my view will be tons of walking everyday at the parks, meals and tons of swimming and straight back to S&S on my return :D
Were doing aquatica this year too, looks amazing! Also going to Busch Gardens as didn't do that one last time. Will also be at Universal more than once as Harry Potter world ....need I say more lol
Let the countdown begin hehe
x

My plan for florida is to have shakes for breakfast most days, we might go out for breakfast occasionally but the rest of the time it saves preparing anything. I'll then try and make healthy (ar at worst low carb) choices while I am out so I might not be in ketosis but I'll at least be in control and not just blowing it all. I am also going to buy a set of scales as soon as I get there (I hope theres a wal-mart close by) as that will help with my denial problem. I know I'll put some on but that will hopefully stop any massive increases which I couldnt cope with right now.
SO scales are still being kind, its official WI tomorrow but I think I will be happy this week. I may even be able to get close to my Easter challenge goal which would be great. I'm going to see my grandparents at Easter and they haven't seen me since of my diet! That will be a big boost, I know they'll notice.
I hope everybody has a good day! xx

Love your thinking for Florida apart from scales, don't think I could face that one if I saw it creeping up even slightly...... Breakfast idea sound great though, hopefully in 10 weeks my mentality will be strong enough to do it too :)
Bet your grandparents will get a big surprise when they see you bless them. It's moments like that that push you through the harder times.
Hope you have a great day. I'm about to enjoy my first shake when I get up ohhhhhhhh lol
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck Loopy! The first few days are so exciting! Please do keep me posted with the progress! Which shake are you having for breakfast? As a general rule I like them all but I do prefer the ones in the shiny packets, everyone is different though. 2 of my work colleagues are now doing S&S as well as my mother in law and sister in law, we all kind of prefer different stuff but the general consensus is it is all quite nice and nothing is absolutely awful. Have you ever done a VLCD before?
The scales might sound a bit obsessive for my holiday, I went to center parcs for a week recently and had them packed in my suitcase, but I do go into denial very quickly if i don't weigh and it makes matters worse. I know I'll put on weight while I'm there, of course I will, but if I can see it I'm in control. If I can't then I will assume all is Ok and put on more than I should. After losing weight for my wedding last year i got to 13st exactly, in the 3 months after that I put on over 3 stone as I didnt weigh myself once. Very scary stuff. That is just me though and obviously different things work for different people. As long as we can get back on it and end up where we want to be it doesnt matter what route we take :D x

Great news, it just takes a little while to get back into it but I bet you'll be thrilled when you get on those scales Monday! 180s next :D
I got over my little tantrum and am now hoping for a decent loss this week, official WI for me tomorrow!

Back