LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

Great news, it just takes a little while to get back into it but I bet you'll be thrilled when you get on those scales Monday! 180s next :D
I got over my little tantrum and am now hoping for a decent loss this week, official WI for me tomorrow!

Just think the energy used to have a tantrum should burn more calories :rolleyes:
Good luck for WI tomorrow x

Morning all! So the end of week 7 now! :eek: And I managed 3.25lbs this week! I'm a little disappointed the scales didnt go down again from yesterday but I won't complain, its on target for a stone a month so anything 3-3.25lbs per month I'm happy! I've earned my 2 stone badge now too, in 7 weeks thats not bad going.
I have a difficult weekend coming up but I'm not going to let it beat me. On saturday night its a braai (South African BBQ) at the in laws which used to be atkins (and my) heaven. More meat than youve ever seen before in your life, plus itll be the last time I get a proper one for a while as they are moving to Riyadh! Still, I'll be happy with my chicken breast and I'll feel virtuous when they all feel a little fat and hungover the next morning!!
I then have a carvery on sunday, all you can eat buffet style. Same again, it's not worth blowing this for so I'll have a slice of meat and stock up on veggies, yum!
I think thats what I love about this diet, life doesnt have to get in the way. You do have to make sacrifices, but you can work round them. If there was a diet where people could eat whatever they want I'd be interested in hearing about it, last time i followed that plan I put on 3 stone!! :eek:
Anyhoo, happy with this weeks loss and starting to notice a pattern that I saty the same for the first few days of the week (weekend when I eat a little bit more) and then drop in the second half. Fine by me as long as its coming off!
Heading out for my C25K run shortly, legs starting to ache a bit from it now but I'll keep going, only 30 mins every other day, could be worse!!

aw well done laura, thats a great weigh in.
i would be well happy with 2 stone in 7 weeks, so fingers crossed.
sounds like you are doing well with this running malarky, hehe makes my legs hurt thinking about it, how brill.
that bbq sounds like heaven enjoy *x

Yes I am pleased with my 2 stone, especially as I lost a little bit before I started S&S too. People are starting to notice now, people who don't know I'm dieting too which is great! I'm learning to say 'aww thanks' rather than 'I've still got loads to lose', it is hard though.
A good friend of mine has been a bit poorly and has been home in Wales for about 5 weeks now. It will be interesting to see if he notices a difference as he hasn't seen me each day, even though I'm sure the self involved little sod wouldn't say even if he did lol!!
Running is going ok, after Saturdays run I'll be going onto week 3. I have been suffering a bit the last 2 times with a pain in my shin when I get back, luckily it doesn't stop me while I'm actually out though. After hobbling around for an hour or so it eases off. Can thoroughly recommend the c25k to anyone considering it though. If a sofa loving lardy like me can do it anyone can! x

I am the same 'Oh you are doing really well, you've lost loads of weight' I reply 'I've got loads to lose, so long way to go yet' I have said a couple of times 'oh thank you, yeah it's good now it's finally coming off'. x

Up nice and early again today, although waking up at 5am is starting to take its toll, I don't think I've seen past 9pm for the past week!
I had my first 'replacement bar' yesterday, a biggest loser berry fudge I think, but really wasn that keen. As it was so big I threw a third away, which is massive restraint for me! I used to finish stuff whether I liked it or not.
It must have helped though as I had a nice drop on the scales this morning! I used to wait until weekly weigh in to update all my stats and ticker etc but now I get too excited. 1lb more and I'll be in the 180s!! I want the next half stone to melt away so I can rename my diary 'LauraZee half way to a new me'!! I never thought I'd get this far, but to be half way there would be amazing!
So tonight is the BBQ, heard last night they spent £150 on meat (I think there will only be 6 adults there!) but I am being good and have taken my chicken breast out of the freezer and will have that BBQd for me, plus I know they have got coke zero in especially for me and the salad spread is always great anyway. Just have to show that restraint again!
Tomorrow carvery, wish me luck! The drop on the scales this morning has given me the boost I need to stay on track this weekend, I certainly don't want them to go back up again!
Right, my last day of c25k soon, might wait til nearer to 7am as a special treat! Everyone have a good day!! x

Well done on your losses this week Laura. Your hard work is paying off, have a lovely weekend and I have no doubt that you will stay on plan. xx

Biggest demotivator ever, just went to try on some cropped jeans and even the 16s looked gross :( came home in tears.
Even more determined to stick with it though, def not giving up, not going to let anyone down!! x

Some styles or the cut in certain shops won't suit your body shape just yet. Nothing to be upset about, there are hundreds of different things that will look great on you. Remember crop jeans are not the be all and end all ;)

Hi Ladies, Thank you for your encouragement. I did feel better about it not long after, at least I could get them on and done up, just a bit more hung over the top than I would have liked.
I guess I'm in a slightly different position to some people as only 7 months ago I weighed 10lbs less than I do now, and I didnt shop for clothes at all whilst I had put on that weight. So now I have lost a large chunk of it and am starting to feel good, I forget I'm still not back to where I was last time I did any real clothes shopping. It was hard to swallow when I looked in the changing room mirror.
The good news is I'll get back there and beyond so I am staying positive.
BBQ was good fun last night, I didnt blow the diet but I wasnt perfect either. Basically yesterday I had:
Breakfast: Choco crispy cereal
Lunch: Macaroni cheese with leeks
Dinner: chicken breast skewer, peice of steak, salad with beetroot and feta cheese

All ketosis friendly but a little naughty. Still the last proper south african steak I'll get for a while so I couldnt say no. I enetered it all into MFP and cals were OK, especially as I did my run in the morning. Scales did go up by 1lb this morning but thats to be expected, it will come off and if it doesn't I'll know why so not get all down about it.
Carvery today, will probably be another low carb maybe non strict S&S day, but then I'll be back in full swing when I;m back at work tomorrow! x

Well done on your restraint at the BBQ, I think you did really well. I don't think that and a carvery will do any harm. I had a carvery in week 5 and I was fine.

I understand about the jeans thing, I went clothes shopping a couple of weeks before my bday and had a paddy with a pair of jeans. Also had to buy some work trousers in the same size as before, so I was really pissed off with that! I was like how can I have lost 6inches from the waist and hips and still be in the same bloody size. Said trousers are now hanging off!

I sometimes avoid going to pick the smaller size to try on as I think to myself, nah theres no way that'll fit. I always do this thing where I hold the garment up and see how wide it is and judge whether I try it on or not. I am still looking for clothes that look as wide as they did pre diet.

I remember going to the dress fitting and thinking that looks way too small, I won't even get it over my arse. But it just slid on, I couldn't believe it!

Just remember laura, different shops have different sizes and even just the material of something can make all the difference!

You're doing great! You're so close to the 180s and getting out of obese BMI! We will both be there very soon! xx

Thanks Tara, the BBQ was easier than the carvery actually, but I still stuck with it. I had a bit of salmon and salad to start with and then for the main a slice of beef, some veg (which I think had some butter in) and a bit of gravy. Relatively low carb but calorie wise a lot higher than I'm used to.
Yeah the jeans thing was a real bummer, I just couldnt bring myself to buy anything in an 18, but give it another few weeks and they would have been too big so it didnt seem worth it. Its just awful to feel like youve achieved nothing. It just took a while (and my hubby to coax me out of the loo to talk to me haha!) to realise if I had have gone clothes shopping 3 months ago I probably would have needed a 20. Hence I didnt shop then at all!
I am only 8lbs away from my lowest from last year now, which feels very close, I can't wait to get there! It will do a lot for my confidence I think, plus when I get there I think I'll also be 50% to goal, pretty good really so I don't have any distractions now for a little while so it should be plain sailing from here!?!
Soits time for my first week 3 c25k jog but its so dark outside I cant bring myself to do it. I will, because I'm not going to quit, but it might to be a bit later and I'll have to turn my 8am start at work into an 8.30am start. Not a problem but I hate finishing at 5pm!! That last half hour I just want to go to sleep!
Anyway, everyone have a good day! x

Managed to make it into work at 7.59 am which means I am still going to leave at 4.30 yay! Husband in nights now, finishing on Friday morning but I know I won't cheat now. Roll on 180s, you are so close!! I promise I will never moan about the diet again!! x

I used to hate him being on nights as I knew I would stuff myself and then feel bad about it, not anymore. I did think about snacking on some chicken last night but then quickly thought better of it and sat in the bedroom away from the food. Anyway, it was all worth it as I hit the 180s this morning!!! So excited!!
I dont usually like to record mid week weigh ins but this is an exciting one, if I can shift another 0.75lbs by Thursday I'd be back at my wedding weight, wahoo!! Feeling good today now :D

Back