LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

Morning everyone! Sorry not getting on here too much now, tending to stick with MFP but thought I'd just say this week has been a good week. I lost 3lbs, said hello to the 180s and am now back at the same weight as I was for for the wedding :D I still feel much bigger than I looked in the photos but I guess the numbers dont lie.
Another 7lbs to go and I am back to the lowest I reached last year before going into hospital, hoping I can do that in the next 2 weeks!! xx

Hi All, quick update from me now I can get on a computer. The iphone app has gone a bit funny on me and its kind of annoying. Anyway stayed at 13st6.8lbs for a couple of days now, ready to get shifting through the second half of the 13s soon!! Less than my wedding weight now, and 6.8lbs over last years lowest, but I still feel massive. Just sure if its in my head or just that my shape has changed but I am not feeling as good as I did when I lost weight last year. Hopefully I will when i hit the 12st bracket and get lower than I have in years!
So yesterday was a good day, we sold my husbands motorbike, hurrah! I hated that thing, bought it brand new, then he got bored of it, fell off it and never rode it again. Lost money on it but at least we have cash in the bank now, not a useless piece of junk sitting outside!
Was also informed by HR that I can claim £50 per night on my private healthcare for every night I stayed in an NHS hospital last year. £300, thank you very much!
Also had a night out last night, set menu worked OK for me. Starter was bread roll (donated to a friend), tomato and mozzarella salad with pesto (relatively low carb as I left the foccachia bread). Main was 2 measly slices of roast beef, some steamed veg and yorkshire/pud plus potato (donated to a friend). Dessert was cheesecake which I got to go and fed to hubby when I got home! So calorie wise higher than usual but I did go for my run yesterday morning and I did keep it as low carb as I could. Scales STS this morning so I can complain. Plus the night was pretty much free as I paaid for the ticket months ago and I just drank tap water (I'm not paying a fortune for bottled stuff!). I'm not sure a night out on water when everyone else is drinking is quite the same though if i'm honest.
Anyway, off for a day out with some friends today, and to meet our friends hot new girlfriend, hurrah (not). Always guaranteed to make me feel inferior. Just hope she's a nice girl or that will make it even worse! No idea what we are doing really, so I'll take a shake, bar and meal as spares just in case. Really hoping I don't have to resort to that though. Hate being the odd one out, especially around new people. Fingers crossed we eat out so I can just order a salad!
Everyone have a great day! x

Weekend was difficult but I stuck with it as best I could and the scales have still come down a bit so I'm happy.
We had a day out on Saturday and I got a selection of shakes soups and bars out to take with me, but forgot them all :( So I had a shake for breakfast, Harvester chicken with grilled mushrooms for lunch and chinese chicken with vegetables for tea. More of an atkins day than anything else but it was the best I could do when we were 2 hours away from home! Carbs and cals were OKish but I cant really class it as a good day. Still had to forgo the chips, desserts, snacks etc though.
Yesterday was back to 100% but I had a really dicky tummy, I guess just after quite a rich day it was to be expected.
I finished week 3 of my couch to 5k yesterday so that is good, rest day today and tomorrow is the start of week 4. I'll be running 16 minutes out of 30, seems pretty scary but the podcast lady said i can do it so I'll have to trust her!! I didnt think I could do it at all when I started so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
Anyhoo, back to work until weigh day. All easy from her on in, so close to being overweight now, not sure I can get there by Thursday but I'll give it my best shot!!

I got into my new uniform today, yay! It's been too small for far too long!!

Attachments

• image-3013833853.jpg
    image-3013833853.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 47
Haha, thank you! I just noticed the intense concentration on my face! Taking photos in the loo is hard work haha!!

Looking great Laura!

Thank you ladies :D I'm feeling good today after realising my Easter challenge stats had been reset half way through so I had lost more than I thought. I've done over a stone since this time last month!! Hoping this uniform will be too big soon! x

LauraZee said:
Thank you ladies :D I'm feeling good today after realising my Easter challenge stats had been reset half way through so I had lost more than I thought. I've done over a stone since this time last month!! Hoping this uniform will be too big soon! x

I can't wait to be saying the same as you, it still gobsmacked me how fantastically everyone does on this plan!! I'll start to believe soon I suppose lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It will come loopey. It's funny I believe the numbers but don't believe the mirror. I still feel i look as fat as I did on day 1 but people are starting to notice now so I guess I must look different, even if I don't see it.
So stick with it and I guess the numbers won't lie!! x

Really close to getting below BMI 30 now Laura! That's always a good feeling when your BMI is 'in the 20s'.

Thanks BG! Yes I guess that is only a couple of pounds away now, overweight seems like such an achievement after starting at 'severely obese'. I'll keep plugging away until maybe, just maybe I hit the 'normal' one day!!!! :D

Ha, I started in the 'morbid' range :eek: but I'm heading down through overweight now and hope to be normal when I get to goal :) (well in BMI terms anyway ;))

Hi All, not getting on here so much. Stupidly agreed to stop using my mobile at my desk to set a better example for other people in the office, but now I'm bored out of my brain and cant get on all my websites very often! I may have to go back on my word very soon and just let others know to do as i say not as I do!!
Anyway, a 2lb loss in my 9th week. I was initially a bit disappointed but after being reminded i actually had a day last weekend where i forgot my packs and pretty much had a day 'off' even though i stuck to low carbs (plus a meal out on the friday but i left the potato, yorkshire pud and dessert) I felt better. If you had asked me at the end of that day, would I be happy be with a 2lb loss this week I would have absolutely said yes!
Similarly this week I have a family day on Sunday, with a roast dinner on Sunday and my Mum has bought me an atkins bar to enjoy while they all have easter eggs. Again I know I wont blow it but knowing Im doing all that I would be happy with even a smaller loss.
I guess its easy to sit here and say I've been so good, i deserve to lose more blah blah blah but then sometimes you step back, take a look and realise oh I did have this, and I did have that etc. Hopefully after Sunday I have a good clear run at it with no life distractions for a few weeks.
I am looking forward to seeing my grandparents on Sunday, they haven't seen me since day 2 of the diet! I am sure they will notice now I am 2.5 stone lighter. Hopefully next time I see them it will be a lot more too!
The running is still going well. Week 4 of c25k which means I run for 16 minutes in each half hour session now. It is hard work but it feels amazing that I am still going and haven't yet skipped a day or stopped for a breather half way through at all. I'd love to do the race for life this year but the one all my colleagues are doing is while I am in Florida :(
Everybody have a great long weekend, whatever you are doing, and try and find that balance of not letting life get in the way of the diet, but not getting the diet get in the way of your life xx

Hey Laura,

Well done, you are rocketting through the 13s! Almost to an overweight BMI too. Have a great weekend! I am working all weekend so will keep focused on the diet. I am going to order more atkins bars too, I enjoyed the cookie cough meal replacement one, it was really big! I hope to be sailling back through the 13s soon and catching up with you haha xx

Good morning! OK so it was the end of my Easter challenge today, scales were kind and dropped a little so I managed 16.5lbs overall. A bit more than my original target of 14lbs but a little less than my revised target of 18lbs. I'm still pretty happy with that result though, it doesnt seem that long ago i was sitting here thinking 'I doubt i'll even stick out the diet that long'!!
So yesterday was a hard day, I eally didnt feel that good at all. I did my c25k run in the morning (week 4 so 16 minutes running in 3 and 5 minute bursts) and had a good day packs wise (no picking/licking!) but I just felt bad all day. Horrendous headache and stomach cramps. Cramps high up under my rib cage which reminded me of my gallstone/pancreatitis pain last year. Thankfully it can't be that as they whipped out my gallbladder, I think it might just be trapped wind but OMG it hurt!! Not sure what could bring something like that on, but whatever it was I hope I dont do it again!!
So today I visit my grandparents who I haven't seen since day 2 of S&S. I'm looking forward to it but know I wont be 100% today. I'll stick to low cal/low carb and count everything in MFP but Mum has bought an atkins bar for me while the others have Easter eggs and we are having a roast dinner for tea. Hopefully white meat but I dont really know.
Please remind me of these extra bits when my loss isnt that good on WI and I say I dont really know why!!
I hope everyone is still enoying their Easter weekend x

Back