LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

Well done, 16.5 is amazing sweetie :)
Sorry to hear you were in so much pain yesterday , I also had my gallbladder out so know that pain well and if it reminded you of that OUCH!!
I hope you have a lovely day today and I bet your grandparents will be gobsmacked when they see you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

13st 3.8!!! wow laura!!! You keep going girl, you will soon be in those 12s!!! Hope to be joining you soon!

Have a great time today xx

16.5lbs is fab Laura - over a stone less than when you started the challenge. Don't think you can argue with that!

How thoughtful of your mum to buy an Atkins bar instead of an Easter egg. Hope the visit went ok and they noticed your fabulous losses.

I suffer from what I think is gall bladder pain off and on. Haven't had it at all since I've been on S&S and I flippin hope it stays away because doubling up in pain waiting to throw up in the middle of the night is not something I'm in any hurry to return to!

Thanks ladies, I was pleased with my 16.5lb loss, mainly as it was my second month. After such a big loss in my first month I thought the stone per month thing would never keep up but it was close enough, so I'm happy. Ive set a 4 week goal of 12lb for the May day challenge, I also have a christening to go to that weekend so it would be great to drop another stone and maybe a dress size!!
Easter Sunday was a bit of a challenge but my Nanny made turkey so I just had that with veg for dinner. My soup with some salad 'picky bits' for lunch and may coconut atkins bar in the afternoon. I used to live on those things when I did atkins and new they were nice but now I havent had one for ages it felt like such a treat. My mum actually bought me 2 but I asked my OH to hide the other one for an emergency/special occasion.
At least I can have a good stretch now until WI of just 4 packs a day, no deviations. Finger crossed for a decent loss this week, I am tetering annoyingly close to being overweight but havent quite tipped it yet. That is this weeks goal, next weeks is equalling my 2011 lowest weight so lots of incentive at the moment! Pushing it a bit maybe as my WI is in only 2 days but I'll give it my best shot.
Gall bladder pain was the worst thing ever, I thoroughly recommend you just get yourself to a doctor before it gets too bad. Mine came to a head on my hen night (my body is soooo good at timing!!) and the pain was immense, i threw up everytime I put anything in my mouth including water and I actually thought I was going to die. I just thought if only I'd got it looked into before it got this bad, as it had actually given me pancreatitis too.
So back to work today (boo :( ) but at least it enforces the no picking/licking ban quite nicely. I havent even looked at the works cakes and pastries since I started this diet. Truth is we have had the same muffins/donuts etc on offer since I started there 5 years ago so they have lost their appeal anyway!

You're doing great Laura. I have set 12lbs to lose before the may bank hol too. Fingers crossed we both get it! xx

I should really sort out the gall bladder thing but attacks are quite infrequent so I go into denial between attacks, and then when I'm doubled up in pain throwing up I resolve to sort it out, and then promptly go back into denial the next day. I know that it's diet related and comes on when I eat trigger foods like red wine, cheese, burgers and chocolate but then on other occasions I can have all of those things and they have no affect at all so it made me not cut any of them out. If I'd had an attack every time I ate chocolate for example I would have cut it out like a shot but as I can usually get away with having it I just kept having it :eek:. I haven't really fathomed why I get attacks when I'm ok most of the time. If it comes back once I'm at goal I may go to the docs. I feel a whole lot better about going to the docs when I'm not overweight to be honest as I always think that everyone is thinking that the fat cow brought it all on herself so I tend to only go to the docs if I absolutely have to.

Bad luck on the hen night :(. I know that once an attack hits you there is nothing on earth you can do about it.

I remember being in hospital and I had been eating OK around the time, but was doing Atkins. I was never an extremist though, I used to have a lot of lean meat and salads. But since the attacks started about a week before I went in I stopped low carb and then ate some rubbish, the surgeon asked what I had eaten the last time I had an attack and I had to say super noodles. I wanted to die! He kind of joked and he said something like "oh the pinnacle of healthy eating" but i felt like I needed to back it up with but I dont always eat crap!
My body likes to rebel. and having an operation 3 weeks before my wedding wasnt top on my wish list, but at least I got a few weeks off work out of it ;)
Anyway, today is a special day, after the scales have been teasing me for a few days, today is the day I am OVERWEIGHT! To 'normal' people I am sure they could never understand why this would cause a celebration but trust me - it does!! I only got here for a couple of weeks last year but this year I'm going to keep working through it until I hit normal!!
So feeling pretty chuffed this morning, only 1.5lbs and I equal my lowest from last year. I still cant beleive I have put all this work in to lose the same weight I only lost a year ago, but I think Ive learned from it. I'm never doing that again.
I'm actually petrified about going to Florida and undoing all my good work. I was on the internet looking at the closest wal-mart last night and the different scales I can buy on day 1 so I dont go into denial. I am also considering sticking with low carb, but I dont know how feasible it will be. All I know is myfitnesspal app will be open at all times and I will log everything. No way will I let it get out of hand again. At least it isnt an all inclusive holiday like the cruise!!!
I do worry that Ive learned nothing when I feel so petrified about coming off the diet. Maybe it would be different if I was coming off because Ive reached goal?
Anyway, nearly time for my week 5 run, its going to be tough but if Im not obese anymore it should be far easier :D

LauraZee said:
I remember being in hospital and I had been eating OK around the time, but was doing Atkins. I was never an extremist though, I used to have a lot of lean meat and salads. But since the attacks started about a week before I went in I stopped low carb and then ate some rubbish, the surgeon asked what I had eaten the last time I had an attack and I had to say super noodles. I wanted to die! He kind of joked and he said something like "oh the pinnacle of healthy eating" but i felt like I needed to back it up with but I dont always eat crap!
My body likes to rebel. and having an operation 3 weeks before my wedding wasnt top on my wish list, but at least I got a few weeks off work out of it ;)
Anyway, today is a special day, after the scales have been teasing me for a few days, today is the day I am OVERWEIGHT! To 'normal' people I am sure they could never understand why this would cause a celebration but trust me - it does!! I only got here for a couple of weeks last year but this year I'm going to keep working through it until I hit normal!!
So feeling pretty chuffed this morning, only 1.5lbs and I equal my lowest from last year. I still cant beleive I have put all this work in to lose the same weight I only lost a year ago, but I think Ive learned from it. I'm never doing that again.
I'm actually petrified about going to Florida and undoing all my good work. I was on the internet looking at the closest wal-mart last night and the different scales I can buy on day 1 so I dont go into denial. I am also considering sticking with low carb, but I dont know how feasible it will be. All I know is myfitnesspal app will be open at all times and I will log everything. No way will I let it get out of hand again. At least it isnt an all inclusive holiday like the cruise!!!
I do worry that Ive learned nothing when I feel so petrified about coming off the diet. Maybe it would be different if I was coming off because Ive reached goal?
Anyway, nearly time for my week 5 run, its going to be tough but if Im not obese anymore it should be far easier :D

Well done :) "overweight" is a huge achievement and totally understand how happy you must feel.

I know what you mean about Florida but I think you just need to accept there is going to be a fairish gain (coming out of Ketosis alone)
Be as sensible as you can but don't let it rule your holiday. I know there will be so many temptations of which I know some I can resist and others are a step too far even for my will power.
I understand buying scales but unless your in Ketosis can you deal with seeing them going up without it affecting your mood? I just hate to think it spoiling you holiday sweetie.
I know while I'm there I'm going to gain, will try to limit it - tons of walking at parks and swimming at villa etc. Whatever the end result is as soon as you get home and back on S&S it will be gone within a couple of weeks (((hugs)))

Xxx

Hi Loopey, I have put a fair bit of thought into it and I think it is the best way for me to stay on top of things. I actually packed my scales when I went to Center Parcs in late Feb and that was great :) I plan to stop doing S&S about 5 days before I go to Florida, but still count calories during those days. Therefore any water weight I gain by coming out of ketosis should be gained before we go. Then I need to keep an eye on my weight to keep me on the straight and narrow, I need to teach myself I dont need to stuff myself to have a good time. I will eat well and I will enjoy my food but I will also monitor things to ensure it isnt to excess. I am sure my weight will go up but I am also sure it would go up by twice as much if I was turning a blind eye to it. Thats my plan anyway, of course I'll let you know how it goes when its all over and I am back home again!! ;)
So my week 5 c25k run this morning was OK, just 5 minutes at a time for 15 mins total, but by the end of the week I'll be running 20 minutes straight! That seems scary, fingers crossed I can do it.
So week 10 is drawing to a close, I cant beleive how far I have come. I think I should actually rename my diary now 'first step to a new me' doesnt fit anymore. I guess I'm half way to a new me now :D xx

LauraZee said:
Hi Loopey, I have put a fair bit of thought into it and I think it is the best way for me to stay on top of things. I actually packed my scales when I went to Center Parcs in late Feb and that was great :) I plan to stop doing S&S about 5 days before I go to Florida, but still count calories during those days. Therefore any water weight I gain by coming out of ketosis should be gained before we go. Then I need to keep an eye on my weight to keep me on the straight and narrow, I need to teach myself I dont need to stuff myself to have a good time. I will eat well and I will enjoy my food but I will also monitor things to ensure it isnt to excess. I am sure my weight will go up but I am also sure it would go up by twice as much if I was turning a blind eye to it. Thats my plan anyway, of course I'll let you know how it goes when its all over and I am back home again!! ;)
So my week 5 c25k run this morning was OK, just 5 minutes at a time for 15 mins total, but by the end of the week I'll be running 20 minutes straight! That seems scary, fingers crossed I can do it.
So week 10 is drawing to a close, I cant beleive how far I have come. I think I should actually rename my diary now 'first step to a new me' doesnt fit anymore. I guess I'm half way to a new me now :D xx

I'm like a nagging mum lol
That sounds like a fab idea, hubbie and I just talked about it too. Will do the same, come out if Ketosis a few days before and use MFP to count calories, don't know what I'd do without it now.
He's not having scales in the villa though lol so it'll be the gauge of my clothes to judge ;)
It does scare me though with portion sizes over there. At the mo I couldn't cope with even a quarter of the portions but out of Ketosis arghhhh
I'm sure I'll be ok though ..... Will keep thinking slim :)
You've come for far in 10 weeks, we've just finished our 3rd week yest and missing knowing what the scales would have showed but hopefully a lovely surprise next week :) xx

Haha, feel free to nag away, thats what I need. I just think even if I have a slight deviation from a plan its better than what I would do with no plan at all. Still 8 weeks away yet but nice to have something to aim towards. The disney and universal tickets came yesterday :D On top of the discovery cove and sea world stuff, I think we have them all now!
So I have now completed week 10, and I lost 3.75lbs this week!! :D I was really chuffed with that, I felt it was about time I was owed a bigger loss, I guess it will be a bit slower next week though. Fingers crossed next week I can break my 2011 lowest weight barrier, I think I will manage it but I have learned my body doesnt like to do as it should!! I can but try :)
Into week 11, only 8 weeks to go until my holiday when I will be coming off S&S for nearly 3 weeks. I would love to lose at least another 1.5 stone by then, if I stay focused I think I can do it. Then just back on it for about another 2 months when I get back. Not long in the scheme of things.
Everyone have a great day xx

OK time to come clean, not had the best week since thursday. I hadnt been feeling good for a fair few days (a little bit of dizziness etc) so decided to come out of ketosis as a kinf od reset. I kept my calories below 1100 and carbs were about 120g so nothing major but I guess I forgot how difficult it can be when getting back into it.
So friday night I was at a friends party and picked at all the no carb snacks (a bit of cheese and some pastrami type meats). Again low carb but not ideal at all. Saturday I had all the new bars and managed to try one of each, I think thats the one I am most angry about, there was no need to do it. So cals and carbs were fairly high that day. Yesterday I was ready and raring to get back on it and then guests came for the day. I'd had 2 packs already and we went out for dinner. I chose a brie and mushroom salad. Imagine how I felt and the brie and mushrooms were actually in breadcrumbs and fried :( I couldnt just leave the whole lot though so gave some to my OH and ate the rest, only had that and 2 packs.
So today I need to get back in the game and stop giving myself a hard time about it. Its happened and I'm moving on, I just need to reign it back in to try and STS this week. So far ive gained 1.5lbs, not good at all :(

LauraZee said:
OK time to come clean, not had the best week since thursday. I hadnt been feeling good for a fair few days (a little bit of dizziness etc) so decided to come out of ketosis as a kinf od reset. I kept my calories below 1100 and carbs were about 120g so nothing major but I guess I forgot how difficult it can be when getting back into it.
So friday night I was at a friends party and picked at all the no carb snacks (a bit of cheese and some pastrami type meats). Again low carb but not ideal at all. Saturday I had all the new bars and managed to try one of each, I think thats the one I am most angry about, there was no need to do it. So cals and carbs were fairly high that day. Yesterday I was ready and raring to get back on it and then guests came for the day. I'd had 2 packs already and we went out for dinner. I chose a brie and mushroom salad. Imagine how I felt and the brie and mushrooms were actually in breadcrumbs and fried :( I couldnt just leave the whole lot though so gave some to my OH and ate the rest, only had that and 2 packs.
So today I need to get back in the game and stop giving myself a hard time about it. Its happened and I'm moving on, I just need to reign it back in to try and STS this week. So far ive gained 1.5lbs, not good at all :(

Def no beating yourself, you came off plan but was still careful so could have been so much worse. The gain is fluid and not a true weight sin sweetie. I know you can pull it back xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Loopy! Just about managed a 100% day yesterday (apart from being force fed 5 cashews lol!) and was rewarded by the scales this morning, thank god!!! I can just about smell the 12 stones now.................. xx

Thanks deezer :) managed to finish week 5 of couch to 5k this morning, ran for 20 mins solid so feeling very proud of myself!!
Come on 12s, body don't let me down now!!

Laura - you are doing brilliantly and are now just overweight too! Is a great incentive to keep going. I am sure before your hols you will still manage to get down a good few pounds, stop worrying about the hols and weight gain. I would buy some cheap scales though to keep on track. I bought some for my holiday place and am very pleased I did, will update signature when I go back to London.
Keep on the straight and narrow, no more nibbling on nuts! Xxx

I love that running programme its genius!!!

Although i havent run for a couple of weeks now!!!

My bad!!!!

Lol....

Back