LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

Hi Laura.

Have you been to Florida before? Are you doing the Disney/Universal parks?

I am so envious. I've been a few times and I always find something different to do! The good news is that if you're doing the theme parks, you'll walk for miles and miles. And it'll be hot so you may not actually feel like eating an awful lot. Are you planning to stay on packs or have a break? Remember that it's the home of the grill so there are always steaks, chicken and ribs to be had. I was off plan last time we went and my strategy was to have a large breakfast - usually granola and yoghurt and some eggs ( or something like bacon, eggs and sausages whilst not exactly low fat is Atkins type!) Then I normally didn't feel that hungry at lunchtime but I did often get tempted! Then there are loads of resturants that do steak/chicken but quite often I just picked up salad and rotisseried chicken at Publix market on the way home. Basically when I didn't feel the need to go mad, I didn't. But at times I did splurge and eat crap but I knew it would come off. I managed to escape only putting on about 6lbs in the 2 weeks and if I'd come home and got straight back on plan, it would have been off in a week as it'd be mostly water and glycogen.

If you haven't already been, I'd highly recommend The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Hogsmead is incredible, with it's snowy roofs and icicles dripping on you on the hottest of days! And if you are off plan, you need to try Butterbeer, it's gorgeous. And of course the ride is incredible! We were there in October and the queues were only 20 mins(!!!) so we went round and round...can't wait to go back!

Thanks ladies, I do finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with this and am so angry at myself for straying a bit over the weekend. I still counted my calories though and never went over 1100cals so I am pleased it didnt take me weeks to get back into it.
Being an overweight BMI feels good, although I forget that still isnt 'ideal' but it does feel better than obese. Whata label to shake off!!
Hi Galorious! Yes I have been to Florida twice before, once in 1992 as a 7 year old and again in 2007 as a grown up 7 year old!! My husband has never been though and we felt we owed it to ourselves to go before we have children to slow us down!!
We have tickets for all the dinsey & universal parks, discovery cove, sea world, aquatica and busch gardens, should keep us busy!! Harry potter world wasnt there before so I am looking forward to seeing it.
I will be buying some scales on day 1, just to keep a tab on things. I will just be watching what I eat I guess. No way will I stick to my packs, and low carb is probably a bit optimistic so my aim is just to be sensible and do lots of exercise.
I am enjoying the c25k, but it is hard work for an exercise novice like me! I kept putting off exercising as i said I couldnt afford £60 a month for the gym and then when someone mentioned this i figured I had no excuse not to just give it a go. It was cold wet and windy this morning, but I'd pepped myself up for the 20 minute run and i wasnt going to let myself down!! It was hard, but didnt kill me :)
Hope you all have a good day, I'll do my best not to nibble on any nuts today ;)

All that walking and swimming - you'll at least come back toned and tanned.

Lots of remodelling going on in the Magic Kingdom just now. They're building Belle's village and the Beasts Castle. Also, if you haven't been and you're hiring a car, I'd recommend an evening in Celebration. It's a beautiful wee place and the Market Street Cafe is amazing. Might want to steer clear of the Ice Cream shop as it's all just too tempting!

omg Laura! Almost in the 12s well done! Seems I am stuck at 13st 12/11 at the min but can't wait to be joining you soon! xxx

Weigh in tomorrow, should be a teeny loss for this week but i dont really deserve that so anything is a bonus!

Tara - i know how frustrating it gets when it feels like youre stuck but you know once your body gets over the carbs and TOTM it will start to drop, unfortunately you have to stick with it til then. I think next Monday will be a good one for you, just stick with it, we're all rooting for you!! x

Absolutely! I'll be over the moon to have lost anything as next week I know I'll be below my 2011 lowest weight and back in the 12s for the first time in about 6 or so years!!! Can't wait!! x

You can't beat that can you!!! if i get 2lb off this week.... I'll weigh 13 stone something..... I cant remember EVER weighing that!!!

Best.....feeling.......ever!!!!

Hello!!!!!!!!! Today is a happy day! I lost 1.5lbs this week, pretty good since it took me 4 days to get back into it 100% This takes me to 13st0lbs!!! This is the same weight I got to for my birthday last year before I ended up in hospital and starting putting weight back on. I am so excited now, when I started S7S I never thought id get back here!
So now if I lose anything I am in the 12s and another 2lb thats 3 stone on S&S. Going to have a good week this week :D
Can't chat long, about to drop my husband off at work and then go for my first run of week 6 c25k, should be easier than the last one of week 5!! xx

Thanks ladies! I can't wait to get on the scales each day and see new numbers and not beat myself up about putting so much on anymore! I started this year with over 6 stone to lose now I have about 3 to go :) determined to finish what I've started this time around!!
Boring day at work, still keeping my phone in my drawer which is killing me, I'm so bored!!! Nearly the weekend, just wish hubby wasn't working :( x

Thanks ladies! I can't wait to get on the scales each day and see new numbers and not beat myself up about putting so much on anymore! I started this year with over 6 stone to lose now I have about 3 to go :) determined to finish what I've started this time around!!
Boring day at work, still keeping my phone in my drawer which is killing me, I'm so bored!!! Nearly the weekend, just wish hubby wasn't working :( x
There's nothing better than being able to see the end is there???

X

Today is a very happy day, my scales showed 12st13.8lbs!!! This is lower than I managed to get to last year and I dont actually remember being in the 12s since around 2005/2006!!! It feels good to know I can break those mental barriers now telling me I'll never get past where I did before, now I know I can.
In other news, my run this morning didnt go so well! I wore some running leggings given to me by a friend which were a bit on the tight side but seemed OK. They were fine for walking but as soon as I started running they were falling down so quick I couldnt keep up with them. No way was I going to run for 20 minutes holding on to my trousers so I had to admit defeat and go home. A 10 minute brisk walk is better than nothing but I shall have to pick up my runs from tomorrow to make up for it!
Hubby is at work all weekend but I'm determined to be 100%, no picking no licking! Dont want the scales to jump up tomorrow, although I guess there is a chance they could anyway but I'll do anything within my power to stop it happening.
Good luck all you saturday weighers xx

Morning all! 12st12lbs this morning, that means I have now lost 3 stone on S&S!! Very excited, I never thought I would get here. Very nearly 3.5stone since jan 1st too!
My weekend was OK, OH was working days on Saturday and Sunday. My run on saturday morning was a DISASTER! I wore some new running leggings a colleague gave me, they were a bit tight but still wearable (so I thought). I did my 5min warm up walk but 3 steps of jogging and they were falling down, and I mean all the way falling down. No way could I run for 20 minutes holding up my trousers so I had to admit defeat and walk home again!
I was feeling good after getting to a new lowest weight so decided to clear out all my old clothes, anything size 18 (and a couple of size 20s) got chucked. I had about 2 bin bags full. I also found a pair of size 14 FCUK jeans which are very small for a 14 but I'll keep trying them as something to aim for.
All the cleaning and sorting out kept me busy and away from the kitchen so overall a good day.
Yesterday I did my run, in leggings that didnt show crack after 5 seconds, but that of left me feeling hungry all day. I fought it as best I could but ended up having shake for breakfast, chilli for lunch, 2 bars and a chicken breast. It could have been much worse and I logged it all in MFP and carbs/cals were OK, helped by the 20 minute run.
So now today, scales dropped finally and I am feeling good. I'd like to try and lose another 1lb this week to get me into the 170s, it might be asking a bit much but I will give it a good go!! xx

Thanks Deezer! It was a big milestone for me as I managed to get to 13st0lbs last August then piled it on quicker than I ever thought possible.
Today, another milestone, I hit the 170s :D :D No more milestones to hit for a few lbs now but ive had my fair share over the last few days! x

I've got a few coming..... 13 stone bracket, 7 stone barrier and 100lbs.... all in the next half stone!!!

*Very exciting*

X

Back