lazer eye treatment!

ANNTEXT

hi there ,
has anyone had this done -
my partner is having it done friday 23rd in the afternoon -
i have took a couple of days off as i think he would like me around!

if anyone has had it done how long do it take it have light again and stop being in pain (even thou it says your not )

any advice would be great
sorry for asking loads of questions! :D

Hi Anntext

I had laser eye surgery last month and I am thrilled with the results! I was given pain killers in the form of eye drops but didn't need them as I had no pain whatsoever. - I still can't believe I've actually had surgery!

I could see clearly as soon as I sat up from the operating table - it really is amazing!

I had to keep my eyes closed for the first four hours after surgery which was a little frustrating as all I wanted to do was see properly with my new eyes. I also had to keep my eyes moist by using refresh drops every 15 minutes and had to use two types of anti-biotics for the first week. I was advised to wear sun glasses for the first week to protect my eyes and wore them all the time. Even watching TV or using the PC.

Your partner should be fine after a good nights rest and hopefully like me wont have any pain or discomfort. His consultant/surgeon will advise him accordingly of the dos and don'ts so just adhere to their advice and everything will be fine.

Where is he having it done? I had mine done at the London Vision Clinic and I can't rate them highly enough.

Last edited:
Hi. i had mine done 2 years ago as a mothers day present from my offspring and its the best thing i've ever done (excluding CD, LOL). As soon as i came out of the clinic i was reading all the ads on the sides of buses, my friend who was with me said i sounded like i was on Jackanory!!! I had no pain on the first day but the 2nd day i was in bed all day in a darkened room as my eyes were a bit painful and sensitive to light. After that day they improved daily. I ws also given painkillers in the form of eye drops and moisturizing eye drops. Two years on and i have no probs whatsoever . I went to Optimax on Croydon (kids actually bought it through Ebay....dont ask!) and they were great there. Good luck to your partner and tell him not to worry. Shar xx

I went to Optimax too, about ten years ago!:eek: The result was fabulous, i have had perfect vision for ten years, but i am considering an eye test soon as i think i can sense a very slight decline in clarity for distances. Must be getting old!

Like the others, it's one of the best things i ever did!

Oooooh! I really want this done, but I'm scared!!:eek:

I'm only 22, and have had to wear glasses/contact lenses for the past 12 years- and it's driving me crazy!

The thing that put me off (apart from the cost) was that the only person that I knew who had had it done, it went wrong for and his sight came out worse. That was about 10 years ago though, and I know the technology has been refined since then. I guess I have been waiting until I know a substantial amount of people who are happy with the results to balance it out.

I am such a wimp though, and I'm worried about the pain too. (I have a really low pain threshold) Is it quite sore?

Oooooh! I really want this done, but I'm scared!!:eek:

I'm only 22, and have had to wear glasses/contact lenses for the past 12 years- and it's driving me crazy!

The thing that put me off (apart from the cost) was that the only person that I knew who had had it done, it went wrong for and his sight came out worse. That was about 10 years ago though, and I know the technology has been refined since then. I guess I have been waiting until I know a substantial amount of people who are happy with the results to balance it out.

I am such a wimp though, and I'm worried about the pain too. (I have a really low pain threshold) Is it quite sore?

It's natural to be scared MissPiggyFi. I felt exactly the same and even phoned to cancel my surgery the day before as I was convinced that something was going to go wrong. I too am a bit of a wimp and cry when I have a blood test!! I was so worried about the pain and thought I'd be suffering for days after.

The surgery was nothing like what I expected it to be and was over in a matter of minutes. I felt no pain during the surgery only slight discomfort for a few seconds before each eye was lasered. As I said above, I've had no pain whatsoever, no sore eyes or dryness. I know eveyone's experience is different, but I'm sure the surgery has improved vastly since your friend had it done.

My advice would be to take advantage of the free consultations that most of the practices offer and obtain as much information as possible. You can also view testimonials on the following independant website.

Laser eye treatment, laser eye surgery uk, laser eye surgery cost, laser eye clinics and laser eye information : Lasik Eyes

I went to the London Vision Clinic and they gave me a questionnaire to use when I visited other practices. If you send off for the free information pack, they'll send you a copy. Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Mina x

Me and hubby were going to go and have it done but then read on a forum that the prices quoted arent what you end up paying so that put us off!!

Thanks Guys - You Helped Me Out Loads -
I Think I Go Buy Him Some Sun Glasses Somewhere - And I Keep The Light Off For Him After The Surgery!

Bless Him It Means I Can Fuss Over Him -
Lol Or He Can Fuss Over Me After A Week As He Got 13 Days Off And I Have Only 3 Days Off With Him !

At Least I Know He Can Keep A House Clean Lol!

Thanks All

friend at work had it done thursday. she was back at work today, right as rain and delighted with the results x

hi there just a update of partner -
he ok eyes were red after and started to be in pain night after and this morning but that cleared with the eye drops -
he can't look at lights (computer or telly) this morning but hopefully later on will get better! x thanks all

Hi, hows he doing today, hopefully the pain will ease off. I couldn't use the pc properly for about a week but tv was ok. Tell him its one of the best decisions hes made and will be constantly amazed at his sight. I still am 2 years on...LOL

hi there -
we just had to go back down to a clinic as the his eye was very sore - we had to phone the emergency line this morning at 2 am - and they think he took the top layer off the eyes!

the poor thing in bed quite bad - he been given more plain killers and eye drops -

hmmm i think he wished he never had it done - but when the pain go it will be ok!

thanks for asking love annx

Back