Leah's Getting Healthy

Back on it from yesterday....put on 0.5lbs this week but I totally expected it!

Am going to be COMPLETELY 100% this week.

I am going to do SS for 1 week as I go on holiday next thursday - I WILL LOSE THIS LAST 7lbs to get in to the 16s!!!!!!!!!!

Whoop - so far I'm 100% - and we're halfway through the week!

Got tonnes of cleaning to do today :)

I REALLY want to lose 9.5lbs this week! Like rrreeeeaaallllyyy!!!!

I know it's a big ask but it could happen.

So a couple of things.

I was TOTALLY due on at my last weigh in plus the slip ups as I came on today.

My weigh in is on wednesday night and I have no doubt in my mind I have lost something as I have been MORE THAN 100% since that time.

Secondly, I had a dry run of performing at Miss England last night as I performed at Miss & Mr Bedfordshire and it was fantabulous...I gave myself goosebumps - it sounded really good.

So I reckon I will be another 3lbs down this week which will take me to my stone and a half - I REALLY hope that is the minimum amount.

Like in my last post I want to lose 9.5lbs this week so I could get up to my 2 stone and in to the 16s and be at my lightest weight in AGES!

That would be my favourite thing but in 1 week that is asking quite a lot!

55 days to go

I ate what I wanted on Holiday - albeit it giving me a bad tummy I am deciding not to look at how much I put on - instead the 2 weeks worth of shakes I was meant to have I am having and I am going to get weighed on week 9 instead.

Hopefully sticking to it 100% for 2 weeks should get me down to just under what I went there with...who knows but with the added extra of exercise I should be ok...we'll see.

I am not giving up on this diet though - even though I ate what I liked I did it and didn't really enjoy it - I actually missed my shakes and I am glad to be getting my body back in to Ketosis.

Anyway - I look forward to seeing my result on the 9th June and making sure I get back in to my head WHY I am doing this :)

Hi, hope you had a great holiday- good to have you back- I have missed reading your updates!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I only want to see you do well and know how hard it is to get your mojo back when you've had a detour, I think your making a mistake avoiding the scales until the 9th.

In my yoyo experiance I have alwasys found myself avoiding the scales when I suspect I have done damage to my plan. It's like not facing up to it keeps me in denial and I am ok as long as I don't know.

I think you should face up to it and not hide, embrace it as a little set back on your journey (you had an excellent holiday to show for it) and use this as the motivation you need to get you back on track. Any motivation you can muster from any source can only be a postive thing no?

I know it's tempting to avoid the scales and tell yourself you will look when it's safe to do so- but chances are you will miss an important psychological lesson in the process which in most cases- will stop you from getting back on track as quick as possible. Not only that; the "damage" may not be half as bad as you fear- in which case you are worrying unnecessarily or you a missing out on the big buzz you will get when you drop the water weight after a few days of ss'ing!!
What a boost that will be!!

Sorry if this is sounding like a lecture- I honestly don't want you to make a mistake I have made many times before. This time I am determined to deal with my head and behaviours once and for all.

Stay strong
Sam
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Sam,

Having been a yo-yo dieter myself I know you are right - HOWEVER - I can't actually see my CDC till the 9th anyway...she is on holiday...she was going to see me yesterday before she went to give me shakes and weigh me.

So - I don't want to weigh on different scales - I think that would do more damage than good so I have made it my mission to brave this 2 weeks out. I was 100% yesterday and EVEN went to the gym last night (30 mins light cardio, walk and bike and 45 mins swim)

First time I have been to the gym and I felt AMAZING!

I am going again tonight and if there is one at the hotel I am staying at on Friday then I am going to do it there too...!

I won't ever miss the scales again though - I do agree with what you said but this is very much a test for myself.

Thing is I started this diet for wanting to be healthy - being big or small in my mind doesn't make me any less beautiful so if can feel it in my clothes and other things then thats enough for me :)

I just changed my thread name.

Originally I was doing this to lose weight for Miss England but I am not anymore...I am actually going to try and see this through to the very end.

I have decided I have been kidding myself and that I NEED to face facts and get healthy.

I was always doing it for tha reason but being in Florida taught me so much.

Firstly - I don't want to leave the UK. Obesity might be 'rife' here but it's nothing in comparison to America.

Secondly - I am actually enjoying the shakes...I mean I really missed them when I was away and it's enabled me to refocus easier.

Thirdly - I saw my brother and his new wife STRUGGLE to keep up. I am severly overweight (obese some might say) but seeing my brothers wife no even be able to walk round Walmart and having to drive 300yards down the road to the pool was enough to make me realise that could be me one day and that will NEVER happen...in fact if I lose weight maybe it will show her it is possible and she can pull her finger out and stop being in denial.

My brother already lost 1 wife and he is only 26 :( I don't want him losing another.

Well I won't have any weigh in to report yet but I can say since being back from Florida I have been 100% which means 8 days of 100% so far and feeling good.

My stomach feels tonnes better too...seriously the food out there makes you sick.

Been back at the gym which is nice, been 3 times in the last week and going again tonight...I really missed it when I was too big to go and I feel the cardio I do (which is not strenuous) is enough to help me lose more.

Does anyone else have experience of exercising on CD?

Answers on a postcord.. lol x

Hi Leah, nice to see you back posting, well done on being 100%, head's back in the game now ;)

Totally back in the game - I have no other distractions and I can get my head down and get thin! I have not very much time till I go to Miss England and I would like to have my body looking a little better x

3 Days till WEIGH IN! And I know I will have a good loss although - I am due on next week and that can have a massive impact on my weight loss.

I have been really tired...to be honest I have been a little naughty - again not having all my shakes but for the next few days till my weigh in I am going to make sure I drink MORE water and have ALL 4 shakes (no meals this time)

I am going to tidy my flat tonight - first and only night off I have for a while and go to the gym for a swim later...which I am LOVING!

I can't wait till my weigh in though - I am definitely going to do every 2 weeks - it's such a massive loss to put down...especially as I am going to be missing out my 'period' week.

Anyway - I have clothes hanging off me at the minute so I am guessing I have dropped a dress size but I am STILL not convinced I ought to try something on.

Will be checking my size nearer the Miss England final - I really want to be able to get in to a size 18 dress really but I am not convinced that will actually happen...however if it does I will literally scream (my beginning size was 24)

Just booked myself in for a full body massage including head massage and facial on Saturday as a treat...I literally CANNOT wait.

It will be the first relaxing day I have had in months and I need it!

Then I am going on a big night out with my friends as one of them is DJing at a big night in Leicestershire and I haven't seen her DJ in ages.

I literally can't wait.

Obviously I won't be drinking but I think a couple of pro plus will keep me going! LOL! (I guess they can't be too harmful right?!?!)

I hope I have a big loss on thursday - I FEEL smaller - I can't be making that up...! My trousers are hanging off me!

Oh well if it isn't I won't get disheartened - I am due on next week after all and if I FEEL thinner then that should be better than the scales.

Weigh day has changed!

TO TODAY!

Eek - It's this evening.

If I haven't lost anything it's because I have the BIGGEST HUMUNGOUS bite on my neck - it must weigh at least a stone...it's like an extra head! Grrr.

I don't know why I am so nervous.

All I want is to be in the 16s and I will be V. Happy!

However I feel the biggest today than I have since I started.

I haven't even cheated!

BUT I am due on! FFS!

Oh well whatever it is it is and it will keep coming off - even if for me (unlike everyone else) it is slowly and surely - better than nothing at all!:rolleyes:

I am sure you will be fine!! From the sounds of it you've been straight back in the game after your hols and your clothes are getting loose so you will smash it tonight!!

Looking forward to hearing your good news!!

Sam

Good luck I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised

4lbs!! That's it!!!

Oh well I am nor sure what is going on. My body just wants to cling on to this weight! Oh well hopefully big improvement in 2 weeks.

Ah - you know what - well done - it's still the right direction - and it means that next week might be a pleasant surprise!

I put on 2lbs following the 810 plan to the letter - it's just a number - you sound so much fitter and healthier from your posts already...you've done brilliantly so far and I expect great things from you to come :D

4lbs is great! And is that the first weigh in since your holiday?

If so, not only have you reversed all the damage but your back to loosing again which is exactly where you wanted to be!!!

I think you've done brilliantly getting straight back into it the way you have, your'll get to your goal before you know it with your level of commitment, well done.

Sam
X

Thanks guys - appreciate it. You are right...I'm getting straight back in to it and keeping up my 100% record since holiday. :) xx

Well, I f*cked up majorly this week but back on it again.

Basically - was 100% up till Saturday.

Woke up late as was so tired so thought I might have a shake but didn't, I then went for a massage and did loads of shopping and didn't eat a thing until about 8pm when I bought a cooked chicken and had some of that but threw the rest away.

Then on Sunday I had 1 shake in the morning and attempted a soup in the evening but I didn't like it so had nothing else.

Then Monday I had the Miss England Semi's where I forgot ALL my shakes but had to have something so I had 6 chicken legs (V Small ones)

But then I went overboard, had a scone with cream, butter, jam and strawberry, 5 plums, and 3 pieces of walnut cake!

I got straight back in to it yesterday but I need to not do this...not eating at all some days and going overboard.

It's not healthy - I know it's not and it can't be doing any good for my weightloss.

Luckily I don't notice the going in and out of ketosis although admittedly I am a little hungry now but I don't get headaches or anything so I should be ok.

The thing is I now have just under 6 weeks till the Miss England final and I am desperate to lose another 2 stone.

I am back in the game - literally back in to it 100% but I find at the weekends I am too busy to make my shakes up.

I don't think what I did will mess me up but I just need to make sure I am not wasting my money!

I am however doing Sole Source Plus but having 4 shakes a day as I missed the weekend ones.

I know I am not losing as much as I want because more often than not I am not having all my shakes. I know you have to have all of them to be in with small chance of losing more lbs as your body goes in to starvation mode. I know this. Yet for some reason I am sabotaging myself anyway.

However, I suppose I can't complain, I am nearly 30lbs down (and probably am as I came on the day after my weigh in day) and my clothes are literally falling off me so it can't all be bad.

I don't get weighed until just over another week so I can damage limitation but I don't know how I can stop being so naughty about making sure I follow it to a 'T'.

I suppose now all I can do is trust my motivation, not long now till the finals, I MUST get rid of the last 28lbs!

Back