Leah's Getting Healthy

Another good day on CD yesterday.

finding if I have 3 shakes during work hours I only have to have 1 when I get home (if I want to have a SS+ day) and I drink all 3 ltrs too before home.

I am really pushing to lose 4 stone before I come off CD and go on to WW but I am worried.

Thing is - I like weight watchers and I am willing to lose 1lb a week after I have lost this stone as I want to get back in to exercising and back in to eating a healthy diet.

I suppose maybe I am still struggling to understand my emotional eating.

However, I have NOT turned to food when emotional since starting CD. I have only turned to food when I have no other option (like in my earlier post) but I don't have a stop button.

I wasn't hungry when I ate the things I wanted, I just wanted them so I ate them.

My brain is not connecting.

I know that I could continue with CD after Miss England but I don't know if I want to.

My whole aim was to lose 4 stone and I have lost over 2 so far with another 2 to go (if I can actually get there!) but that was because I thought I would be singing at the final of Miss England but it turns out I am going to sing at the welcome party so I don't have to wear a evening gown on stage after all.

However, the reason for me doing this was to lose weight to feel healthier and I think after Miss England the 'healthy' part will have to kick in.

It's not the healthiest way to lose weight really is it this diet and really, in all honesty, it's not the most sustainable.

I guess finding a good balance with food is the way to go.

I now know I have sort of wheat and dairy intolerence so I will have to cut that out (or keep it to a minimum) when I come off CD.

I also know my portions were ridiculous.

I also know that the things I crave the most are not sweets, crisps or cakes it has been beetroot, salads, sushi and fresh foods...the things I wanted were not what I needed before but now the things I want are the things my body needs.

I also realise how much I enjoy exercising. It's weird. The energy I get from going to the gym, a walk or a swim is great.

I literally feel lifted and I don't want that to stop.

So, I finish CD on the 18th July and I go back to food that day..however, I think I might join WW the week before and see if they can help me get in to it (even though I will be doing the shakes, still want to get in the frame of mind maybe) and that will be it!

I really am looking forward to retraining myself.

I am the smallest I have been in a while and if I do lose this 2 stone I want to lose before 18th July then I will be the smallest I have EVER been! I guess that is a good starting point.

hello, thanks for this input, it's nice to have your struggles wrote down, helps other people too ;) I don't understand why you don't switch to bars on the week end in order to be able to take them with you and not forget about eating... I'm not sure if they allowed on SS but it would probably be better anyway than eating as you are....I'm wondering also about your stabilisation process, if you go straight from SS to WW you might expect a weight gain...are you thinking of maybe doing it progressively in order not to waste your efforts ?

hello, thanks for this input, it's nice to have your struggles wrote down, helps other people too ;) I don't understand why you don't switch to bars on the week end in order to be able to take them with you and not forget about eating... I'm not sure if they allowed on SS but it would probably be better anyway than eating as you are....I'm wondering also about your stabilisation process, if you go straight from SS to WW you might expect a weight gain...are you thinking of maybe doing it progressively in order not to waste your efforts ?

I just don't know hunny...I am just worried.

I want to maybe build it in with no carbs...maybe...who knows..!

All I know is this is not sustainable and I was only ever going to do it till the Miss England Finals.

I guess - I will just have to go to ww, let myself put on for the first couple of weeks but get over it as it WILL work - it must do...?!?

Since making the decision to go to WW on the 25th July I have started to think about how it's going to be and what I am going to feel and how much realistically I will lose by then!

I wanted another stone but I don't know if that is possible.

My losses have not been big on CD.

In fact more or less the same on WW initially anyway.

Should I just move now?

Save myself the money and just get my ass in to ww now??

I am no longer singing at the finals of Miss england so I don't know why I am bothering....

Ok so I have decided to go back to WW as of a week monday - I just really want to and I know it works - I have done it before and I was losing 2lbs a week which is a respectable amount.

I won't leave the boards though and I will keep in touch :) x

WW from here on in :)

Morning all,

Well I thought I ought to keep up my diary as my aim is still the same.

I started on WW 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it! I literally can't fault it.

I lost 4lbs in my first week and 3.5lbs in my 2nd which I literally cannot believe with the amount of food I am eating.

I have continued to drink a lot of water at least 2 litres a day and I don't eat many carbs but I literally enjoy ALL the healthy food. It is such a treat compared to the torture that is CD.

Don't get me wrong it helped me get the bulk off but there is NO way I will go back to the old me in terms of eating habits.

I have learnt my lesson.

WW is the rest of my life now and I am very very happy.

Today I have grapes and some lovely left over sausage and bean casserole for my lunch and my friend is cooking me bbq chicken with a square wrap and salad.

NOM!

So much food...not enough time to eat it in! :)

I do hope everyone is well.

On a 'lighter' note I also went down a bra back size.

I don't remember a time when I was 38 EVER!

So extremely happy.

xx

ARGH! My BMI is 40!

I just need to be under so I can be in the 30's for the first time in my life.

I am literally losing weight so quickly on WW - I know it won't be the same for everyone but this is AMAZING!

x

So on week 6 of WW and nearly lost another stone :)

I am SO close to getting in to 15's it's scary.

I'm enjoying this though - so much and I am having a 2lb a week loss which is ACE and I get to eat so much gorgeously healthy stuff....so much easier than Cambridge however I owe a lot to CD to shift the initial 2 stone :).

Well I am happily losing weight on weight watchers still...I lose 2lbs a week (on average) and it's been helping me feel healthier.

I did cambridge to get that 2 stone off quickly and I am very glad I did it but I would have to say for longevity and sustainability I am happy on WW for now.

Good for you, Leah! You made the decision that was right for you and you have the courage to keep coming back here to update us. I'm so glad WW is working for you and I certainly intend to use it when I have lost enough to feel better about myself so I can cope with a slower loss. That might not be until I'm within a stone or so to goal but I am looking forward to relearning how to eat and enjoy food.

The very best of luck to you

W x

Back