Learning to Love Life!

I have been trying to follow an Atkins type diet and having the least amount of carbs possible. It's such a pain to keep thinking about what I should and shouldn't be eating when I am not mentally ready for that yet. I love LL for the same reasons as you, it takes that choice away and you can just concerntrate on loosing the weight and getting your head in the right frame of mind.
My hubby is off for a week next week and I am dreading that I am going to fall off the wagon. But then if I think the week after will be September and I can start again then maybe it will help.

The thing is, if you readily accept that you 'may fall off the wagon' that already affirms it in your mind that you WILL fall off it. Start telling yourself that you will NOT. I'm a great believer in positive thinking.

I know I will NOT fall off the wagon of my diet (even though, naturally those thoughts do cross my mind sometimes; but it's a knowing, rather than a guessing).
I'm at start of week 6 and have lost 15lbs so far. I have not wavered in my resolve and do not eat any carbs or sugar. I want the goal too much and have developed that self-belief again. I CAN do this. I'm not on any abstinence plan and am not meticulously calorie counting either. I trust myself enough.

I guess that really is the issue. TRUST. ... Things I know I can't be trusted with - I don't even touch and don't buy in the first place. If my OH wants something out of my personal bounds - he has to get it himself - that way it is not 'mine'. It's his, and ONLY his because HE bought it. It's a nice boundary to have, even though we share the same money. The money principle doesn't matter.
If the serving size is too large on a packet of something I can actually have - I don't buy it. Buy the smaller size instead because I know at the moment I can't trust myself to leave 'a bit in the bag'. When that trust comes back I will, but until then, no luck for me! :)

Maybe this will help a little. Just start setting up boundaries of things. After about a week of keeping within those boundaries things will feel a little more habitual and routines will set in. Have a clear time for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That is the most important thing.

Take care of yourself first and most of all. I hope you feel better very very soon. xx

It's funny how you realise that the words you need to hear/see are in the back of your mind but it is not until someone else says/writes them to you that you see the truth in the statements.
I will not fall off the wagon and I will get better and I will get back to LL or Exante. And I will be looking fabulous by Halloween!!!
Thank you for your words Min. xx

That's the spirit! :D
I KNOW you'll be fine! You ARE doing it! If you ever feel 'wobbly' prove that wagon wrong! ...damn wagon. *shakes fist at it*

Minerva, I think you should start charging for your advice because you ALWAYS know the right thing to say! You're great and really, really inspiring. Thank you. Lind - keep on going. That wagon's really comfortable so why would you even CONSIDER falling off it?!!!! :)

Having a struggle today. I woke this morning with the start of a cold and as the day has gone on it's got worse. But whay I am really struggling with is food. I just don't want it. I ate breakfast this morning for the sake of it. Had a late lunch that I didn't want and didn't finish and this has been going on for a few days.
I am just not hungry, and when I am eating I am doing so because I have to have something to go with my antibiotics so I don't feel sick on them. But then when I have eaten I feel bloated, too full, guilty, angry at myslef for not being hungry and then for eating!
I have called my GP this afternoon to see if my blood results are back in yet but they weren't.
It's just difficult to work out, I feel rubbish if I don't eat and just as bad if I do. I never flet like this before LL so why is it I do now?
When the doctor said I had to come off LL for a while I was gutted, I was so worried about falling back into old habits and drinking and eating everything in sight but it has been the opposite. I don't want anything sweet, I tried a Latte on Monday and didn't even manage half of it and it was a skinny one! I got myself a choccy bar today and I gave it to my son to eat because when I opened it I felt ill by just the smell of it.
I still haven't weighed myself and I am not going to either. I am fine on my wagon in my blissfull ingnorance and that is where I am going to stay!

hi Lind
Sorry i must have missed a post of yours or something, are you off LL? X

Hi Tracy, yes love I am off LL for a while.
Got kidney infection and my bp was very low and my GP refused to let me continue. I am hoping to re-start 1st September.
Did you have a good time in Ireland?
x

awww lind im so sorry to hear that, you poor thing! try and stay strong hey. you need to concentrate on getting yourself better. xx

BIG hug again for you Lind xx

Awww thanks Tracy. Feeling a bit down about it at the moment. But got the docs tomorrow so hopefully it will be good news.

lind keep me posted , thinking of you x

I am a happy happy bunny this morning!! Went to see my GP, pee'd on a stick and all was good (no sign of what caused the infection). Had my BP done and all's good with that too. I did say I wanted tog et back to LL as soon as possible but I have another week of antibiotics to take and my GP said I still need to take them to be on the safe side and then I can start back on LL.

So I am going to re-start on 1st September. I have to call this new LLC and hopefully she will be able to put me into a Developers group.

I got weighed at the docs this morning too and I am still the same weight, which I am oh so pleased about. I had got it into my head that I was going to put on because of the glycogen but I am doing fine. I have to go back next week for a BP check and providing thats still fine then I'm off and running!!!

YIPPEEEE!

Linda thats great im so pleased for you x

Yay Lind! That's fab :) And so great that your weight stayed the same, your heathy eating and exercise definitely paid off! xxxx

bless you linda x

Wow - your weight stayed the same. You have done fantastically well. All that worrying and you were able to do it all the time! I bet you're SO excited about going back on LL and completing your journey. Well done, Lind.

YIPPEEE Lind,
FANTASTICO! Well done in staying the same.

Back