Leaving lunch menu from hell - HELP!!!

PickyNic

Skinny on the inside
Hi all,

i'm going to a colleagues leaving lunch on friday and have just got the menu on-line. I've pasted it below minus the things i don't like. Can anyone give me some help with what i could eat or what points values might be?
I'd be ever so grateful :help2:

Starter

Antipasto del Casale
Parma ham and salami served over a rocket salad, parmesan shavings, Mozzarella cheese, extra virgin olive oil and Balsamic syrup.

Pappa al Pomodoro (V)
This thick, tasty soup was once the porridge of Tuscany. Made with tomatoes, fresh basil, leeks, chilli peppers, wholewheat bread, olive oil and salt & pepper.

Poached Egg & Pancetta Salad (V)
Poacged egg with sauteed Pancetta and wild mushrooms served over toasted bread, topped with gruyere cheese sauce and garnished with seasonal salad leaves.

Trio of Mushrooms Mozzarella and Onion Rings (V)
Mushrooms, Mozzarella cubes and onion rings dressed in breadcrumbs, deep fried, garnished with a crispy salad, served with garlic mayonnaise

Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms stuffed with cheese, ham, onions, herbs, bread crumbed, deep-fried and served with garlic mayonnaise.

Main

Filet de Porc Stroganoff (£2.50 extra)
Strips of pork fillet, sauteed in butter with onions, mushrooms, red wine, a hint of garlic, mustard, paprika, flamed with brandy, blended with demi-glace sauce and cream. Seved on a bed of rice.

Seared of Chicken Breast Capri
Sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with a hint of chilli, garlic, basil, white wine and tomato sauce. Served over saffron rice with baby roast potatoes and vegetables.

Lasagne al Forno
Traditional lasagne with bolognese, béchamel and tomato sauce

Topside of Beef Royal
Topside of Scottish beef in a poivre sauce with onions, mushrooms, fresh seasonal vegetables and potatoes

Pasta alla Rozza (Rustic Style)
Short pasta tossed in a sauce with wild mushrooms, garlic, spicy Italian sausage, a hint of chilli, slasa al Pomodoro and a touch of cream. Very Tasty!

Pasta Principessa
Tossed in a sauce made with fillets of chicken breast, Parma ham, white wine, petit pois, fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil and cream

Baked Pasta al Forno (V)
short pasta with onions, mixed vegetables, little garlic, fresh herbs, nutmeg, blended with bechamel, topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese then baked in the oven

which resutarant is this at?

if it were me and looking for low points and fat I'd skip the starter or ask if they could do melon, then have the chicken breast capri, eat the rice and leave the roast potatoes.

Sorry I have no idea what the points would be, it sounds lush Enjoy!

which resutarant is this at?

Its a gorgeous little italian in glasgow called piccolo mondo. i've been before and its fab!

if it were me and looking for low points and fat I'd skip the starter or ask if they could do melon, then have the chicken breast capri, eat the rice and leave the roast potatoes.

the melon or skipping a starter is an idea. I thought the chicken dish sounded the best option but I don't know if i'd have the willpower to avoid having the roast potatoes!

To start i would go with the soup - it hasnt got cream in, and although there is bread in there it is a pretty healthy option - there wont be a lot of oil in it otherwise it would have a greasy texture.

Like Lisa Marie said i would go for the chicken and ask for no potatoes or just leave them (theyre often served seperately anyway) or for the beef and ask for without the sauce and then itll be just like a roast dinner which is pretty healthy with no roasties / extra sauces :)

i would just say try and save a few points each day as you know you are going. if you cant save enough you can save after the day up until your next weigh in to counter act it. If everyone else is eating a starter i would say its upto you if you want one but it only makes me worse if im sat watching others eat and i'm not.

Yum! It looks lush! I personally would have:

Starter: Pappa al Pomodoro (V)
Lots of healthy veggies, and probably one of the lower point choices.

Main: Pasta alla Rozza (Rustic Style)
I would have this because it sounds so yummy! Prob quite high points with the cream and sausage, maybe save some up throughout the week or do some exercise to earn some bonus points?

I'd be good with the starter but have what I wanted for the main :)

Enjoy whatever you choose, it all looks gorgeous! One meal out isn't the end of the world, just see it as a treat and get back on the wagon the next day xxx

Thanks for all your advice girls.

Will probably go for the soup to start and then the chicken.

Soup always fills me up loads anyway so hopefully I won't be able to finish my main and can resist the lure of the roast potatoes!

Back