Leg Cramps

DappyMare

Girl on a mission
Was wondering if any one knew how to stop the leg cramps I'm getting on cambridge?

I drink 3-4 litres of water a day, plus extra water with my shakes and have just broken my leg, and I REALLY don't want to have the cramps i've been getting while my leg is plastered up:cry:....me cdc is useless and never answers my questions, just wondered if this was a common thing on cd or should I go to doctors?

I would talk to your doctor or NHS Direct. My CDC told me that being on SS thins your blood. So with a broken leg I would be very careful.

Personally I have never had cramps of any description on CD.

Hope you are feeling better soon

AM xx

Hiya

Leg cramps can be for many reasons, I used to get them when I drank too near bedtime.

Anyway as always you need to take medical advice if you are concerned so either give NHS Direct a quick call on 0845 4647 or give you GP a ring tomorrow for his/her advice.

Also make your CDC aware if and when you can.

Sure it nothing to worry about and I would recommend spacing out your water and finish well before bedtime but always best to get checked out by a professional.

Thanks

Mike

Also as a sidenote not sure why your leg is plastered up but you need to check with CDC as if this means an injury or a recent operation then you shouldn't be doing the diet at this moment.

Thanks

does anyone know if SS really does thin the blood? and why?

Lou x

does anyone know if SS really does thin the blood? and why?

Lou x

SS does tend to thin the blood. I'm not 100% sure why, but I guess some of it might be to do with the reduction of LDL, 'bad' cholesterol levels. Reduce that alone, and they'll be some change in the blood viscosity.

As for cramps...as Mike says...especially concerning the broken leg! :hug99:

But generally for cramps you can have a glass of slimline tonic water just before you go to sleep. It may bring you out of ketosis, so it's important to have it just before sleep, so you don't feel the hunger ;) Ketosis should be back in the morning.

Thank you Mike and Kd, so glad you guys are on here:D....My cdc said it "should" be ok to stay on ss+ with the Milk option but gonna see doctor tonight about it, I have 2 fractures and did dislocate my ankle but thats back in:eek:. But now I think about it, mike ya right it's always when I've not drunk enough water during the day , and had to cram it all in the evening that I get the cramps in my calfs through the night:p

Thanks for the advise, thank god for minimins:)

T But now I think about it, mike ya right it's always when I've not drunk enough water during the day ,

yep, dehydration can cause it, but be sensible about water intake

Whilst drinking too little, the muscles can cramp as they have too many electrolytes, but drinking too much water can also cramp them because of the lack of electrolytes (pee'd out)

That's one of the reasons why I think it's good to drink at least the minimum amount of water Cambridge say, plus more if you are thirsty or feel you need it. Your bodies natural water regulator is finely tuned and will usually tell you what you need :)

I always have the cramps in my calf muscles each morning. I was told it was due to the lack of salt in my diet doing SS. I rub the muscles each time they seize up and it goes away, but it is kind of annoying.

I have started getting cramps with the CD, I always thought cramps were to do with dehydration and lack of salt. Boots used to sell tablets called crampex, so I am going to go and see if they still do them. They used to work a treat.

Back