Leigh's SW journey at home :-)

Glad to hear that you've had a good weekend.

I remember when I was single with my son, he was 6 at the time and I didn't let him meet my now husband for a long time. I think as a mum you automatically protect them and don't want to introduce them until you know it is going to be long term.

Don't worry about the scales tomorrow, I'm sure they wont be too bad and like you say life is for living, not just dieting :)

Sadly his mum passed in 2000, his dad has dementia so in a home bless, he's not talking to one brother because of the family home being privately rented out, however think it's a bit silly, I assume it pays towards the home which I mentioned today, I guess he wanted to be consulted though. He has another brother that he hasn't spoken to or seen for 5 years. I think he wouldn't put people out to be honest so hasn't told many people. He's talked about room rentals but he wouldn't be able to have his 10 year old son stay, so I think private rent or council be better, but it has to be cheap as he doesn't have much money, he's paying pension and child maintenance that takes a chunk out of his wages. I get the impression after his business went bust he lost complete control of finances. I'm pretty good so can help him sort it out once he finally finds somewhere to live, i.e. I am going to try and tell him to NOT go to expensive gigs etc and just have romantics walks and picnics etc where poss or cook at home in future. I wanted us to go out for a couple meals this weekend as it's the first weekend we got together so wanted it to be really special, something for us to remember and talk about in years to come if it works out for us! But I'm going to stop that after next weekend, maybe once a month or every couple of months.

Thanks so much for all your support ladies, it's so lovely to come here and have somewhere to vent. xxx

I hate to say I don't wanna settle with anyone or get married again, especially when I hear it can work with the right person, I guess you should never say never eh! For the time being, we've worked together a few months, just seriously got chatting, only time will tell! He wants to decorate for me, do my gardening and anything else I need lol, I am very independent and never had a man in my life wanting to do things never mind suggesting they do lol, so this is all new to me, but I'll enjoy his offers and perhaps that's another thing we can do together that is relatively cheap lol might impress my mum too haha.

That's what we're here for. You listen to us enough, so now it's our turn to listen and support you :)

It's a shame he's not got a support network or family he can turn to. I'm sure if he speaks to someone in housing they will be able to advise him of what is available to him.

Walks and picnics in summer will be so romantic. And they can be healthy and not cost a fortune :)

That's why I'm going to lead the way for him, he's obviously been lead astray and made a fool of. I wanna look after him as best I can, help him become independent and not rely too much on anyone, especially for money! Can't wait to spend more time with him.

Sounds like he's had a **** few years to me hopefully once his debt payed off can try and sort everything and start a fresh . It's so easy to judge people isn't it but surpose until your in that situation you wouldn't know what you would do. Woman open up a lot more than men, men put things to the back of their head and try and just get on with life. I think eventually after time it hits them that it will help to talk. I bet he feels loads better now you know couldn't of been easy telling you all that .

Ye like you say try avoid the costing dates even if you get a pizza and watch a DVD. Costs a lot doesn't it these days to go out . When we go out your looking at 14 each for a main if have steak two rounds of drinks basically £50. The thing is we do this when Olivia stops at mums overnight which prob happens Maybe once every two months. I think as a parent it's nice to get that break and have some couple time. Also it's nice to get out the house and have someone to cook for you isn't it.

He quite often cooks us steak and we have it once she's in bed at the table with candles. Bottle of wine your sorted. Could Do this on payday or just have a night out every pay day.

Hope he sorts his accommodation out soon. He will feel so much better. Shows he's a nice guy how he pays money for his son but lives in a car. Most men would put them selves first and not pay child any money. Good on him

Sounds like he does an awful lot for his son, he sounds like a really great dad to him, he's so laid back too, doesn't argue and wouldn't really tell his son off for much, I doubt he's that naughty if he's anything like his dad. He's a gentle soul and you are right, you could think you know someone but you really don't. I'm blessed he's been able to talk to me! I have had to make him think a bit about his spending tbh, he mentioned he's going to a gig with a friend on Tuesday however didn't have money to get there, which is a bit annoying as obviously I wanna help him out, but I think he needs to stop spending money he hasn't got! He is very likely going to pay me back with a few things this week, but if he ends up in same position next month it's just ridiculous. So gonna sort him out and be firm. Will let him off this one time but we're not gonna do anything for a while if I can help it! Anyway, feel much better having talked about this on here and had a little cry as I'm so worried about him! :-( Things will get better, i'm sure it will.

Aww try not to worry relationships should be fun you shouldn't be worried especially at the start.

Ye like you said if can't afford it shouldn't be going. Men are like this tho my hubby will moan for somethin and say I work hard. I just reply with if the money was there you could have it but it isn't and we have responsibilites. He sulks but he gets over it. I often tell him grow up lol men are like little boys at times lol. lol

You've got your head screwed on and will try and help him . Try not to worry

Can't seem to get back into it and money tight now argh!!!
I guess I'll pop to shop tomorrow and get some salad and try my hardest lol. Doing so well!
Not really eating enough tbh, and when I am it's not good stuff.
A manager noticed that I lost weight now, so it's really true that once you lose a couple of stone people start to notice lol. Just gotta keep going. So sorry not getting much time on here atm, my new man texts me loads and then when kids in bed likes to call haha, i'm sure it'll slow down eventually, it's lovely getting the attention.

Wanna make my own soup and try take that with me for lunch at work, so need to plan ahead really.

I'm the same Leigh really struggling this week just eating crap. Got a lot going on at the min trying to help mum find a puppy, out most of day then end up at pub lol. Also I haven't got a car as ours went and he's using the other one for work. It's always bad for me when mums off get out my routine .

glad not just me!!!

not been eating much and not good stuff

but got spud out and peppers, all in oven, so tonight, it's on plan lol. I think I'll let this week go, but start again maybe Saturday as kids not here, man at work, so will go shopping!!

My plan was to start a fresh tomorrow but now going cadbury world so hopefully being good today will help me out a bit. Your blokes comin Friday isn't he haven't you got a gig to go to ? I'm goin to be back on track 100% fridsy

Hi Laura, hope you enjoyed Cadbury world, went there many years ago before kids, wasn't that impressed at the time and considering the long journey from south, never mind lol, only got a few bars of chocolate too, nothing to rave about lol.

I have been so so so bad and I can't seem to get back into it either!

Going out for dinner tonight, planning on having a curry I think but may change my mind, going to go completely off plan, wipe the slate clean tomorrow, I'll be on my own, kids with their dad, my man at work and I will go shopping. Going to buy in lots of veg as plan on having some SP days, so think i'll have stuffed peppers a couple of times and some salads. It's really hard getting back to it when you have been so bad lol, but I've done so well, another person at work noticed that I've lost weight lol, so I can't blow it all off now, I will be fab at 40 haha, there's about 17 weeks until my birthday, I can manage another stone to 1.5 stones definitely!!! :)

Hope everyone else is keeping on board, relying on you all for motivation lol.

It was alright it's about an hour from us but horrid roads to get there lol. Olivia enjoyed it that's main thing.

I'm the same this week was surpose to be good today and haven't again :(. It's hubby bday on Sunday and we collect car tomorrow so I'm just going to wait until Monday now. Fed up keep starting and cheating. So I'm going to be back on plan Monday and have two weeks until away for Easter weekend . Going to try and be good best I can next few days but I know we will deffo have a takeaway over weekend prob 2

Good morning,
I'm having a really chilled morning after a very good night last night ;-) I'm shattered!
I need to go shower and wash my hair and I've told myself I'm going into town and I am going to buy a pair of size 12 work trousers and jeans and aim to get in them next!!
My man is at work and kids with their dad until this evening, so no rush at all, just taking the day hour by hour, it's really nice and I'm enjoying the peace!
Just munching on some chocolate buttons my lovely man bought me as a treat haha, but then I plan on going cold turkey for a couple of weeks before Easter!
I'm going to do an SP day tomorrow and see if anything comes off for Monday's weigh in as right now I've sts. I need to stock up on lots of chicken/other meats and veg/salad! I have a loaf of bread and a bit of ham, will get some more and take a lunch in every day i'm on SP days. I need to get some fruit and snack on that.

Although my mind is in the sod it mood at the moment, I also have that reminder of, hitting 40 in August, I wanna be in size 12 at the very least if not my target, I'm sure I'll do it!

You will get there we all will. We all have our moments I think when you start to feel abit better really tests you . I'm just sticking with pasta and potatoes this week nice and simple to get me back into it.

Yeah another day full of crap lol, i'm not gonna beat myself up!
I bought a pair of work trousers and jeans in size 12, both tight on legs and tummy but I can get them on and done up, I just can't breath haha, so 7-14lbs and I'll fit in them nicely, we'll see how I get along, would be so nice to be in them for my birthday, lovely pressie for myself haha.
I stopped off at costa in between shopping and had a latte and it was so peaceful sitting there alone. I kinda need a break from the busy life I seem to have lately lol.
I tried on some bra's in M&S, seem to have gone up lol, I didn't buy any as didn't see anything I like, I really want so nice sets but not padded as I don't want them bigger lol.
Tomorrow I'm treating my mum and kids to a trip to the cinema to see beauty and the beast, can't wait!
Got such a headache, taken some painkillers and just having a mugshot!

It's nice to have some you time isn't it every so often even if it is just a drink lol. I get all my sets from Asda really good price. They do have abit of padding but not a lot as I'm the same big enough lol.

I want to go and watch that you will have to let me know what it's like

Back