Leliel's diary!

leliel

Hi all! *waves* i am new to SW, having previously done WW, and weighed in for the second time last tuesday evening, to find i had lost 2.5lbs, which considering that i didnt start it till the thursday after the tuesday i started, im pretty pleased with! wanted to post up my food diary/FIT log to see if anyone can suggest any changes/ point out what im doing wrong? I'll start from tuesday itself (im on EE)

Free Foods, sweetcorn, pasta, griddled steak (fat removed) jacket potato (and i ate out, took will power to order a plain steak and jacket without butter, but i was strong)

Superfree Foods, salas, fruit salad

Healhy extras 28g parmesan (HEA) 2x alpen light (HEB)
syns 2x slices pizza 23syns :break_diet:

exercise 74 mins Wii Fit

weds
Free Foods, jacket potato, baked beans, ham, boiled potatoes, yoghurt

superfree foods, 2x salads, various mixed berries

healthy extras, 250ml semi skimmed milk HEA 2x weetabix HEB

syns, 1x tsp sugar 2 syn, go ahead biscuit thins x3 9 syns

exercise, Wii fit 30 mins, 40 flights of stairs (taking stairs instead of lift, work on floor 7, 2 flights per level)

thurs

free food, jacket potato, baked beans, chicken mullerlight

superfree 2x bananas, salad, various mixed berries

healthy extras 250mls semi skimmed HEA 42g all bran HEB

syns, huge slice of carrot cake :break_diet: i felt sooo bloated afterwards, shant make that mistake again!

exercise, wii fit 30 mins, 40 flights of stairs

friday (worked 7am till 8.30 pm)

free food 2x ham, 2x yoghurt, new potatoes, jacket potato, baked beans

superfree foods, banana, apple, salad,

Healthy extras 250ml semi skimmed milk, HEA 42g all bran HEB

syns, 2x babybel light 4.0 syns, 3x go ahead biscuit things 9.0 syns

exercise, 60 :eek: flights of stairs, wii fit 30 mins. feeling quite proud of today :)

day off work tomorrow- will have to do longer on the wii i think as theres no stairs to climb, but i will also be washing down/painting kitchen walls, so won't be idle, although i may well go out for lunch!

unless i syn it, i havent had butter/marg or dressings on my salads/ potatoes.

hope all this works this week, i would like to lose the same/ more as last week!

~note to self, 3 days in a row of jacket and baked beans is probably not a good idea, would explain why the cat is farting so much. must find other free fillings!~

hi! :) loved reading your post, was amused by the beans lol, i find that i eat beans a lot more now too... recently started sw but didn't stick to it, been at it again strictly though for a whole day and determined to lose some serious lbs! do you find it difficult on sw, having been on ww before? my mum did ww and now is doing sw with me - shes sticking to it more strictly than i am though - and she gets really shocked when i tell her how many syns are in certain things as she's used to thinking in point values... i think she finds it easier though, being able to eat unlimited free & super free foods (we're doing EE, its just much easier than the other two) whereas before, pretty much everything had points...

you could have tuna as a jp filling but i know a lot of people dont like the tuna without the mayo - however if you make it yourself in a tbsp of mayo, you can keep control of your syns! also, i was at a friend's house a while ago and saw her mixing mayo and yoghurt, had never thought of it before, tried it myself at home in the salad and no one noticed! so used less mayo and some fat free yoghurt :)

uh oh, mouth started watering...! are there any alternative options to jacket potatoes?? like pasta or something? or even make some mashed potato, add a little extra light philadelphia and some thinly sliced onions, yum as a snack or just add some beans (again!) and make it into a little meal :)

xxx

hi! :) loved reading your post, was amused by the beans lol, i find that i eat beans a lot more now too... recently started sw but didn't stick to it, been at it again strictly though for a whole day and determined to lose some serious lbs! do you find it difficult on sw, having been on ww before? my mum did ww and now is doing sw with me - shes sticking to it more strictly than i am though - and she gets really shocked when i tell her how many syns are in certain things as she's used to thinking in point values... i think she finds it easier though, being able to eat unlimited free & super free foods (we're doing EE, its just much easier than the other two) whereas before, pretty much everything had points...

you could have tuna as a jp filling but i know a lot of people dont like the tuna without the mayo - however if you make it yourself in a tbsp of mayo, you can keep control of your syns! also, i was at a friend's house a while ago and saw her mixing mayo and yoghurt, had never thought of it before, tried it myself at home in the salad and no one noticed! so used less mayo and some fat free yoghurt :)

uh oh, mouth started watering...! are there any alternative options to jacket potatoes?? like pasta or something? or even make some mashed potato, add a little extra light philadelphia and some thinly sliced onions, yum as a snack or just add some beans (again!) and make it into a little meal :)

xxx

hi thanks for your reply! yeah i do find it odd, like on WW a rich tea biscuit was 1/2 a point, but its 3 syns! they were my snack at coffee time, so i am finding it a bit hard to adjust, but i think i'm doing okay *famous last words haha*

i like jacket potatoes because i can buy them from the canteen at work ready cooked, then take my own filling, i could take asta i supose, not really thought about it, although cold astra in vinagerette dressing is YUM lol i used to use really light mayo on WW think i'll syn a tsp and see how it comes out! todays jobs- wash down/apply first coat of paint to kitchen walls, plumb in dishwasher so i can have some clean plates (im fitting my own new kitchen, i currently have a bucket and some open pipes instead of a sink!) might go for a walk later, am definately having lunch at the pub later, then going to see a friend in a play after, and i really hvae to do some shopping too!!

oh well, i have done an hour on the Wii fit this morning, so it can't all be bad!

oh well, another day! i seem to be losing enthusiasm, but i'm determined to stick to it, ill be raring to go again before much longer i'm sure! didnt get much of what i wanted to do done yesterday, but i did stick to plan eatingwise so thats something!

i'm off to plumb in the dishwasher, then ill do my 30 mins on the Wii, then i HAVE to go shopping! i need cheese, x-lite mayo,yoghurts and i always need fruit/veg and salad!i wish for shopping slimming world did little calculator, like WW do, it would be easier than lugging the books around with me! or perhas i could write a list and actually stick to it :8855: yeah right...

well plumbed in the dishwasher, and did 64 flights of stairs today! a bit worried about weigh in on tuesday because i'm not sure that im actually losing weight, and im trying so hard! :cry:

kinda fell off the wagon yesterday :break_diet: tuesday immediately after WI i always allow myself 2x slices of pizza from pizzahut for lunch, works out at 23 syns, which i did again this week, but yesterday i ate at the pub twice :eek: 'cos i couldnt use my kitchen (i'm still fitting it!) and i had a ham ploughmans (free when i cut the excess fat off the meat) for lunch, but unfortunately the slab of bread and butter that came with it wasn't free, and cost me 10.5 syns plus 1 syn for the pickle. that was still within my limit, but supper was steak which they griddled, and i patted with a napkin to absorb the excess fat from (no idea on syns), and salad (superfree) ,and 3 onion rings at 3.5 syns, and courgette, mushrooms and peppers (again all superfree, but fried in a lot of oil) so a total of 14.5 syns,plus some for the fried food, but i have no idea what my daily total should be :(. anyway, i'm drawing a line under the day- i did do 45 mins on the Wii fit, and i painted the kitchen, so at least i did something!

today (its 4am but i can't sleep) i will plan better. i will do my 45 mins on the wii, put at least another layer of paint (but hopefully 2) on the kitchen, and walk the mile to countrywide for cat food and back again. If i know i'm going to end up at the pub again i'll make some tuna mayo with extra low fat mayo (for a syn of 0.5) or grate some low-fat cheese (HEX A) and order a jacket potato without butter to add it to (the landlord won't mind, i know him well!) i'm just sick of jacket potato with baked beans!

breakfast will be all bran (HEX B) with 50mls semi skimmed milk for 2.5 syns (or HEX A)

oddly i find it more difficult to stick to plan on my day off, when im at work i can stick without any problems, which is a worry, as frommonday im off for 9 days *eek* oh well, must plan plan plan!!!

Last edited:
*big hugs* sounds like you hard a hard day :( hope today was better... really proud of you for keeping count, esp after having the pizza hut. i would have given up at that point and just gone off track while telling myself i'd get back on track tomorrow, and as we all know, tomorrow never comes!

and congratulations on the -1.5lb :D they all add up, right? 9 days off from monday, lucky you! i can't talk though, i'm at uni and exams are finishing on monday, so i'm off till practically october! hehe... fingers crossed i lose my blobs by sept though :) how do you propose on planning meals so that you have more control over them? the pre-prepared jp filling sounds like a very good idea :) xxx

Don't feel guilty, if you have a lot going on like a kitchen refit you're fighting a real battle. The upside is despite all this you're still pushing to lose weight and even if you can't 100% just now you're adding positive changes to your diet/eating habits.

Congratulations on the loss it's a big achievement and you deserve a pat on the back.

Remember that mulling over mistakes will make you lose heart, just keep looking forward and try to plan what you'll do.

Good Morning! ^_^
many thanks for all the support, it's really appreciated! on Thursday i did pretty well, walked to countrywide which is a mile, then walked the mile back carrying a 10kg bag of cat biscuits, so that was good, aswell as my 45 mins on the Wii fit and painting the kitchen.

yesterday i stuck to it really well, and am pleased with myself,

Free foods
jacket potato, sweetcorn, tuna, mullerlight, pasta, gammon.

Superfree foods
banana, salad, apple, courgette, onion, tinned tomatoes, peppers.

Healthy extras
250ML S-Skimmed milk (HEXA) and 42g all bran (HEXB)

Syns
2 level tbsp extra light mayo, 1 syn, 3x go ahead biscuit things for 9 syns, a total of ten.

did my 45 mins on the wii, took the stairs, 40 flights.

on a late/early today tomorrow at work, meaning i finish at 9.30 tonight and start at 7 tomorrow :-( because i live 3 villages out from where i work i'll be staying at mum's tonight, so the plan is to take tonights supper with me as usual, my all bran pre weighed for breakfast at 6.30 and something for mid morning break (when i'll be starving) at 11, probably mullerlight, fruit and maybe the go ahead biscuit things. Also going to leave my scooter at work and walk to/from mums, about a mile each way.

Back