Lent Challenge - John O'Groats to Lands End

60 mins for me x

Another 100 minutes for me please. Lent in my life has always ended on Easter Sunday so as far as I'm concerned I have another 10 days to do this!

KB x

Lent ends on Palm Sunday, the Easter weight loss Challenge ends Easter Sunday but officially this should end this Sunday but HNM is boss so she makes the decisions......
Having just googled it, apparently there are loads of answers to when Lent ends! How did I not know the world was so confused? SO it can end EITHER on Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Holy Saturday or Easter Sunday depending on who you talk to. Maybe we should make a chart and stick a pin in it blindfold! :8855:

Think Lent ends on Holy Saturday which this year is 7 April - the day before Easter Sunday xxx

KB - yeah just seen that when I looked at another page! Why can't there just be one day for everyone save confusion! :)

There are 46 days in Lent but that's if you count Sundays and who knows what other days which some people/religions don't. Lent for me has always lasted from Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday, for some it is different although I really wish I could go back on chocolate on Monday instead of waiting until next week! In any case I will probably finish my 60 hours this weekend, not too far to go now, the end is in sight!

KB x

We started on the 21st of Feb, so 40 days later from that will be Sunday the 1st of April.

We can all really go for it this week/weekend or I can leave it another week till Easter Sunday if others would prefer. I must admit I hadnt even thought to look when the 40 days ended, I just assumed it ended on Easter Sunday.

We'll stick with Easter Sunday then shall we (says Lexie thinking that's the only way she'll get there........

Oh just did 30 minutes of lets dance with Mel B (was 7 quid but I know why - she's really bloody annoying)

Last edited:
So to avoid any more confusion the official challenge end date is Sunday 8th of April - Easter Sunday.

120 min for me today, walking round town. I was brave and didnt take the buggy, hopefully littleun will sleep better tonight from all the walking and the sunshine.

Updated.... 5778 Min to go.....

60 mins walking for me today x

Back