Lentil & Cheese Wedges !

sugarpuffjane

Goodbye, to the fat lady
My friend Pam has recommened this recipe, it is delicious and very filling. I would love to hear your comments and like confirmation that 2 wedges are your HEA

Lentil & Cheese Wedges

8oz/227g red lentils
450ml water
1 large onion (I use red)
Fry light
4oz/113g strong cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 egg
salt & pepper

Cook the lentils in the water until soft, and all the liquid has been absorbed. Meanwhile chop the onion, and fry in Fry Light until soft. Combine all the ingredients and press into a 9" sandwich tin lined with baking parchment. Bake at 190 deg/Gas 5 for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold, cut into 8 wedges.

Tip:-I if you like your foods with a bit more 'kick' add chilli and/or garlic when frying the onion.

I usually make this in a round sandwich tin and would cut it into 8 wedges, 2 wedges would be using your HEA choice. Everything else is free on Green or Extra Easy. :)

Sounds very yummy indeed- I love lentils!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried this recipe again yesterday , but this time I added grated carrot. Very scrummy!!!!

What does this actually taste like? It sounds good but a strange/new combination for me!

Sorry about the delay! I tend to eat it just on it own, you can have it hot or cold. I take a wedge to work and have it with a cup of tea around 11.15. Don't get lunch unti 1.30 and my breakfast was at 7.00 am (long time to wait!!!)

I like the sound of this, will have to try it, thank you!

Back