Les Mills appreciation thread

I cant wait but am also nervous, I want to love them all :D

apparantly the mui tai track is alot harder in the new combat.... i though this one was difficult, the new ones even worse. cannot wait :D bring on the challenge!

high energy, lots of sweat...
attacks not the easiest out all the les mills classes, but its a good calorie burner! is it 45 mins or one hour?

theres some low impact options if they are needed, even i take them sometimes (on the lunges i always do!)

Brilliant, thanks! I have to take low impact options for some things in combat as I can't jump on my right leg by itself, due to a dodgy knee (dislocations :/) and I asked the instructor about it and she said that she'll give me options (my preferred body combat instructor always does, he's brilliant) so we'll see tonight! I hope I don't enjoy it too much, as it's only on because the aerobics instructor is off! (I don't do aerobics).

i always hope i dont like a new class, just becuase i know ill want to keep going to it! does that make sence?

:p

I went along and I did get a nice burn in! Not as much as combat, but the class was a little shorter. I found the class itself quite fun, but was a bit too shattered after combat and kettlebells to really give it my all :D

alot find that attack is more high energy than combat, i know i defiantly do. oddly... i find the shorter 45 minute class harder than the 60 minute class!

attack is the very first class i went to, i actually felt like my body was dropping apart the next day and that was before i was doing high impact :p

<3 bodycombat! :D

cant wait for combat 48 to come out :D

Yep, I'm guessing the reason I got a smaller burn in is because it was the first class (so we were still learning the routines and missing bits) plus I was knackered from combat - where I got a much higher burn than I normally do at combat, so I guess I must have been really giving it!

I'm fairly sure my instructor was at the new combat training at the weekend - so we'll have the new release this week!

all the combat instructors have had their training for it and got the music, but we wont have it for another 2 weeks ish....

this is the new combat 48 music...
1In My Head (Kris McTwain Remix Edit) Henry Blank
0.png
1Airplanes (Kris McTwain Remix Edit) Groove Chasers
0.png
2Smooth Criminal Badlands Inc
0.png
3We Dance On Subz Project
0.png
4Come In Hard (Don't Like Rock 'N' Roll) Hardknox
0.png
5If I Were You Breeze & Ritmen
0.png
6Drummer Boy (MoDrums Remix) Alesha Dixon
0.png
7The Last Fight Bullet For My Valentine
0.png
8Everywhere (Breeze & UFO Remix) Master Blaster
0.png
9The Time (Dirty Bit) Red Beans & Rice
0.png
10The Silence (New Single Mix) Alexandra Burke

drummer boy will probably be ab work or push ups, that tracks hard in attack, and it will be hard in combat!

if anyones interested this is the page that has all the previous releases and music on it..
Totally Les Mills - BODYCOMBAT

Hi everyone,
I'm a les mills fan too - although not been able to get to the gym for a while I've jumped straight back in with body jam this week (I love it - whoooo!)

I usually do attack, jam and pump (attack and pump together - well, after each other) but have noticed in my gym a few body combats popping up.

Can someone tell me what to expect from this? I love the feeling I get after attack and am keen to work on my arms and stomach (yuck - worst parts) but hate running (but weirdly I love the running in a circle / then in then in the middle (your song) track in body attack. Lol!

Anyway! Much love xx look forward to posting here often x

combat. expect kicks, various punches... its brilliant! gets any stress out aswell, like i always imagine my boss is in front of me during combat and it feels great!

not as bouncy as attack, but still get a good burn if you put in effort :)
works your arms for sure, and if the technique is right you'll also be working the abs and waist
i miss body jam :(

Last edited:
combat. expect kicks, various punches... its brilliant! gets any stress out aswell, like i always imagine my boss is in front of me during combat and it feels great!

not as bouncy as attack, but still get a good burn if you put in effort :)
works your arms for sure, and if the technique is right you'll also be working the abs and waist
i miss body jam :(

Thanks hun!
Wow it sounds good, a bit ... empowering maybe? Haha. The one thing that puts me off, is one time combat ran over (before Jam) I saw a bit of combat and they were doing.. running drills! Like beep test so to speak. Scared the heck out of me!

haha.
Also, thanks for the link.. has anyone else notices that some intrusctors don't actually follow a set class? Just having a look through the attack lists and it seems as though the ones I do are a mixture of a few different versions.

Same for jam I think (which I love and have signed up for this Monday and Thursday!)

First attack (in four weeks!!!!) tomorrow night. EEEEK! Wish me luck, I will need if after the four hour zumbathon I did this morning. Yikes! x

Thanks hun!
Wow it sounds good, a bit ... empowering maybe? Haha. The one thing that puts me off, is one time combat ran over (before Jam) I saw a bit of combat and they were doing.. running drills! Like beep test so to speak. Scared the heck out of me!

haha.
Also, thanks for the link.. has anyone else notices that some intrusctors don't actually follow a set class? Just having a look through the attack lists and it seems as though the ones I do are a mixture of a few different versions.

Same for jam I think (which I love and have signed up for this Monday and Thursday!)

First attack (in four weeks!!!!) tomorrow night. EEEEK! Wish me luck, I will need if after the four hour zumbathon I did this morning. Yikes! x

the only running weve actually done in combat is a run round the room just becuase theres a little music ending that nothing happens in.

yeah they mix it up, if the same release was done for 3 monthes then it would get pretty boring after a while, my combat instructor starts mixing it after a month usually, but shes been going since launch 14/15, so she knows the oldies too :D

ooh good luck on that, 4 hours, eep
x

Just done a body pump class for the first time in a month! Whoo!! Feel good! May pluck up the courage to try combat for the first time this week..

Maybe (hahaha) xx

its the new one soon, the gym i go to its on the 4th of july, one week eeeee!

Eeeek! Launch day in our gym is 3rd of July... It pretty much goes:

9:30 - 10:30, Body Combat
10:30 - 11:30, Body Jam
11:30 - 12:30, Body Attack
12:30 - 1:30, Body pump!

Caribbean theme, will have to dust off the grass skirt and try combat this week at least!!! x

ours is on seperate days!

gym one: 4th july
double body attack

gym 2: 4th july
body combat
body pump

6th july:
body attack

for some reason its on diffenrent days, it used to be on saturday morning when theres a triple on! attack, combat and pump. for the last 2 launches its been seperate days :/

i go to 2 gyms, my membership covers them both though :)

gina_b said:
ours is on seperate days!

gym one: 4th july
double body attack

gym 2: 4th july
body combat
body pump

6th july:
body attack

for some reason its on diffenrent days, it used to be on saturday morning when theres a triple on! attack, combat and pump. for the last 2 launches its been seperate days :/

i go to 2 gyms, my membership covers them both though :)

Yeah same with me, two gyms - covered at both.
How many classes do you usually do a week? Why would you say is a hood les mills mix?

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to try combat for the first time tomorrow!!! x

i do alot...
mon: combat
tues: attack
weds: attack & combat
thurs: pump
fri: attack
sat: attack, combat & pump
sun: pump

on each day i alternatate between a 10k run or a muscle arm (mainly biceps) workout before the classes start

i know i should have a rest day, but i dont over work myself to the point of exhaustion :)

3 times a week is the general reccomendation to follow...

you will love combat :D x

Back