Les Mills appreciation thread

i do pump only twice a week, but i also do alot of weights every other day, so i use weights alot. wouldnt say ive bulked up, my arms have got some definition now and they are visibly bigger at the top, shoulders are more defined too, but this is what i wanted to get. my instructor is the same, we call her the terminator lol, shes been doing pump for a very long time though, a good 20 years.

i wouldnt worry about bulking, you'll most likely just tone up, its took almost a year to get the slightest defination in my arms, but its not too much :) just wish id get that 6 pack ive been after! it wont come to me, no matter what :(

the trainers at my gym have put me on a seriously hard weights programme so that might add to why ive gained a little bulk in my arms, i told them i wanted to build up my arms and abs, and leave the lower body stuff out

x

Hey Gina,

I'm surprised you don't have a visible six-pack, given your low body fat! Sounds like you've got great support from the trainers at your gym though. I'm sure you'll get there very soon.

Thanks for the input regarding bulking up, I feel a bit better about that now! Might even do body attack and body pump tomorrow morning :)

I build muscle very easily (my thighs are like rocks just from cycling) and I eat a LOT of protein (whey shakes, lots of meat, quorn, dairy), so I guess I will still have to keep an eye on any signs of the Terminator emerging in me, though!

SL xxx

pass the muscle building gene to me! i want it so bad :(
i have noticed ive got stronger legs now after pump, my calves are quite large with muscle, not a problem to me, but it is for buying jeans or pants, they are very tight on my calves if i buy my proper size.

ah yes, the trainers at the gym are great, they do keep you working hard. one of them asks me if i want to up the intensity every 3 monthes or so! already on the ab cruncher shes changed it to 30 reps of 30kg. alls i say about that is pure pain, she tried to put me on a 15 mile treadmill run/walk programme too!

she certanly puts you through a serious workout, the others are quite easy going :p

been doing classes for about 14 monthes now, and using the actual gym part 11ish monthes :). not that long really

I really enjoy combat been doing the new cd "78" is it for two weeks now :)
but been doing combat for a few months

I started vive last week - that's hard work but having another go this week :)

I really enjoy the classes too :) I can def feel my legs bulking up :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

not reached 78 yet! another 30 releases before that one comes! :p its brilliant though, im still not a fan of track 7. i hate track 7 so much, the rest i like!
body pump 78 is out!

pumps made my arms bulk out that bit more, happy about it as they were a bit too skinny for my liking, just want more bulk now, and work on my abs.

Last edited:
Lol I never pay attention I just knew it was a new cd :)

Is great I was thinking of trying body pump - some of the classes I wanna try are at stupid times so can't do them

Xx

same! i want to do pump more than three times a week but the other classes are on during the day when im at work! :( theres one on friday morning, great instructor but she does morning classes so its rare i can go to them, only if i have a day off work i can go to it. ah well, got a week off soon so ill be attending then :D

x

I do two fitness classes a week gym then swimming/gym again I try and do four days a week at gym/classes etc then do either wii fit/Zumba at home. I roped my friend in to coming with me (she really don't need to go) so I have to give her a few days off and I wouldn't be keen going on my own lol :) xx

Hey Gina!

I think I will step up my fitness regime, based on your inspiration! I just looked at your diary and saw that you went from a size 12 to an 8 in 2-3 months - that's amazing!

I'm a 12 at the moment, and although I wouldn't like to be an 8 (I think at nearly 6ft that's a bit to slim to look nice), I'd love to be a comfortable size 10...

I just wanted to tell you that you are such an inspiration to me! x

aww thanks snakes! yep it took alot of hard work, i put alot of it down to body attack. think that class saved me from getting any bigger, i was getting bigger too, my mates had noticed but never said anything about until later :(

trying to get my sister to try a combat class with me, shes said yes to spinning aready, need to try and sell combat to her next lol, a big challenge.

I'm off to body pump express tomorrow, i've done normal body pump before but not express, does anyone know how this differs? x

its just a quicker class, like a normal class would be 45 or 60 minutes, express would be 30 minutes :)

^_^ happy to help!

x

Finished body pump express - have you got any tips for when you hold the bar on your shoulders/back of the next area as I find it super uncomfortable :( for example; when you're doing the lunges xx

I'm doing my first Body Combat class tonight :-/ I'll let you know how I get on :)

Finished body pump express - have you got any tips for when you hold the bar on your shoulders/back of the next area as I find it super uncomfortable :( for example; when you're doing the lunges xx

sorry i dont, i do find it unconfortable too but i try and not think about it, its always my legs burning i think more of. i do see some people using a towel wrapped round that bit of the bar though, might help? never tried it myself

I'm doing my first Body Combat class tonight :-/ I'll let you know how I get on :)

ooh good luck!

Back