Lesley's "This Time" Diary

hey hun just had a quick look at the newest posts...it all looks ok, the only thing is..how many eggs did you put in your quiche? i used to eat this alot! and put about 5 eggs in and eat the lot and id have it a few times a week and im sure it hindered weight loss so ive swtiched to 1 or 2 scrambled eggs with cooked tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms on toast. i dont feel as heavy after. but other than watching quantities with stuff like that it looks fine hun. are your super free portions a decent size? x

i dont think you eat enough superfreen foods (from what i read) and you dont do enough syns me thinks...looks very strict otherwise (which is good)

hey hun just had a quick look at the newest posts...it all looks ok, the only thing is..how many eggs did you put in your quiche? i used to eat this alot! and put about 5 eggs in and eat the lot and id have it a few times a week and im sure it hindered weight loss so ive swtiched to 1 or 2 scrambled eggs with cooked tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms on toast. i dont feel as heavy after. but other than watching quantities with stuff like that it looks fine hun. are your super free portions a decent size? x

Thanks, Lou. There were four eggs in it, but I didn't eat it all in one meal. I shared half of it with my son for lunch on Sunday and brought what was left for lunch at work on Monday.
I think my superfree portions are huge! You should have seen the size of the green salad I put with the quiche and then there was the melon and blackberries afterwards :)

i dont think you eat enough superfreen foods (from what i read) and you dont do enough syns me thinks...looks very strict otherwise (which is good)
Thanks for your input Felicity, but I honestly thought my superfree portions were huge :confused:
Massive green salad with a relatively small portion of quiche (it wasn't the whole one) plus there were onions and peppers in the quiche. Then a bowlful of melon and blackberries.

The chicken pasta had onion, mushrooms and peppers to bulk it out and again melon afterwards.

Syns scare me ... it almost feels like I'm cheating if I use them for a "treat" :(

your right, on re looking you are eating enough super free! do you eat any thing inbetween meals or can you go without?

dont be scared of using syns its proven to help weight loss. do you do just red days? i find pulses really speed me up

its hard to know if someone is getting portions right when its just listed as you never know how much free theyre having in relation to super free...would you be able to do some pictures with some of your meals?

how many syns do you tend to have in one week? i try and aim for 70. 10 a day has the best losses as your not feeling deprived then having a blow out but its not too many to slow it down too much

have you tried the pennies in a jar technique? 2 jars, a weeks worth of syns in pennies...i have 70 pennies, and then each time you have a syn you have to take it out of the jar and when its empty you cant have any more...it makes you think about everything that goes in and also helps you to visually see the syns counting down, was a great help to me and i lost 3 pounds the week i did it. and realised i was picking more than i thought and not remembering, stuff like a bite off dd's plate and a bit of cheese while grating it etc etc, but cos i knew everything that went in i had to account for it made me stop and think about what i was doing more?

Tuesday 10/01/12
RED DAY

2 weetabix (HexB) with milk from allowance (HexA) and sliced banana

Lunch : Leftover chicken pasta from last night. Can't include the Philly as a HexA as not enough. Based on the portion size, I'd say 2.5 syns. Huge green salad. Melon and blackberries with Total 0% yogurt and 1 tsp honey - 1 Syn
Pasta is a 35g dried weight HexB portion

Muller lite yogurt

Tesco HL Cranberry and blackberry bar - 4.5 syns

Tea : 3 rashers back bacon with fat cut off, tomatoes and mushrooms
Muller lite yogurt

Glass of wine 6 syns

TOTAL 13.5 syns

Meadow - it all looks fine.

Your question re pizza a while back - no you can't count the base as your HexB, not enough fibre. And you probably can't count the cheese either unless you know how much, what sort etc etc. So you just have to bite the bullet and count all the syns. :eek:

On all days you can deduct 6 syns from a sandwich if it's wholemeal bread and count it it as your HexB.

And I would just echo portion sizes. This was my big downfall in the early days.

I would eat huge portions of Pasta on EE days and wonder why I wasn't losing weight. Now I didn't do that on green days so why oh why did I do it on EE?

But tonight's tea is probably not enough chica. Looks very "light". Doing things like that used to make me snack later on in the evening . . . fatal for me as then I don't sleep well.

Meadow - it all looks fine.

Your question re pizza a while back - no you can't count the base as your HexB, not enough fibre. And you probably can't count the cheese either unless you know how much, what sort etc etc. So you just have to bite the bullet and count all the syns. :eek:

On all days you can deduct 6 syns from a sandwich if it's wholemeal bread and count it it as your HexB.

And I would just echo portion sizes. This was my big downfall in the early days.

I would eat huge portions of Pasta on EE days and wonder why I wasn't losing weight. Now I didn't do that on green days so why oh why did I do it on EE?

But tonight's tea is probably not enough chica. Looks very "light". Doing things like that used to make me snack later on in the evening . . . fatal for me as then I don't sleep well.

Thanks for that Pommette. (I was only being tongue in cheek with the pizza, I know you can't count them really :D).
I wasn't particularly hungry at tea time last night, because I had a huge half of melon in the fridge and didn't even want that. I think it's because I felt like I was stuffed after the HUGE green salad with lunch and the cereal bar mid-pm.

Wednesday 11th Jan
RED DAY

Breakfast :
2 weetabix (HexB)
Banana
Milk (from HexA allowance)

Lunch:
Roast chicken on a bed of green salad leaves
Melon and strawberries
Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar (HexB)

Tea :
Made a SW recipe from the website, meatballs with chunky veg casserole. Ugh. Either I can't cook (most likely) or this just isn't nice. Ate it but won't be repeating. 3 syns.
Muller lite yogurt

Glass of wine 6 syns

TOTAL SYNS 9

Hiya Lesley

Looking at your diary it looks pretty good. Obviously everyone's body works differently but I find reds work better for me if I really load on meat to fill me up and have no pasta/potato because although you are allowed it just doesn't seem to work as well for me. If I want both I try EE and then it limits the Hex A&B. I know people say trust the plan.... It works..... And it does, but everyone's bodies work differently.
Also you have a lot of superfree! Your body needs some naughties to keep you going. If I have less than 10 syns I struggle to lose but as I eat lots of superfree sometimes I don't want my syns. They are an important part of the plan though.
Maybe also try mixing up the days if you alway have red..... Maybe your body could do with a BIG carb boost.
Whatever you decide, looking at your diary you do a really good job and this week may have just been a over from last week or something. Don't lose heart x

Thanks. I'm seriously thinking about doing an EE week this week and aiming for more syns each day. So difficult at work, my nosey colleagues watch me like hawks :mad: and I then feel likemim cheating ... Even though I know I'm not, if that makes sense

Hey honey - i am subscribing to support you.

You can do this and you have got to promise not to give up.

Much love, Elle x

meadowbankles said:
Thanks. I'm seriously thinking about doing an EE week this week and aiming for more syns each day. So difficult at work, my nosey colleagues watch me like hawks :mad: and I then feel likemim cheating ... Even though I know I'm not, if that makes sense

I know how that feels.... Be strong, give EE a try and see how it goes xx

Hey hun,

Found you :) Now keep the head up, you can do it! Just from looking at the last few days of your diary is it just red days you do? x
Mainly, yes, with EE thrown in at weekends. Going to do an EE week this week, and try to up syns to 10 a day x

Hey hun I'm not an expert on red and greens as I'm an extra easy girl (not literally lol) and I would say try giving that a go.
Make sure you put your superfree on your plate first - even if it's going into a meal in a pot or something so you know your definitely getting your 1/3 - watch your carb portions and things like bananas x

Hi Lesley, just want to echo what the others have said to you. We are here to support you so if you could do your diary daily that would really help. I've looked for your diary before when you've said you were struggling but couldn't find it :confused:

Anyway - we've got you now! :bighug:

I think you might like EE. You are going to have to jiggle around one of your meals as you only get 1 Healthy Extra but that's no biggie. I wonder if you aren't getting on with wheat? I notice weetabix is your chosen brekkie and you sometimes have cereal bars - just a thought if this might have something to do with your bloated tummy :confused:

That's something to think about. The weetabix is so easy as I eat at work when I get there in the morning, so I keep a box of weetabix there. I'll try and alternate it with other breakfasts :)

Back