Lesley's "This Time" Diary

Sounds like you had a lovely meal - some really supportive friends too.

Menu for your meals have been sounding good! Im back to EE this week as well.

MONDAY

Breakfast : 2 weetabix HexB, with chopped banana and milk from allowance HexA

Mid-am : Kellogg's Fibre Plus Bar 6 syns

Lunch : Ham salad, 1 tbsp low fat dressing 0.5 syns, followed by strawberries and blackberries with Total 0% yogurt and 1 tsp honey (1 syn)

Mid-pm Another Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar for 5.5 syns. I was hungry but I've given them away now because they've bloated me. Fart bars, my sister and I call them.

Potato and veg curry out of a SW book. Rice. Salad.
Melon.

13 syns

Hi Lesley - try the Alpen lights. I like them, they do not make you fart :D and you can have 2 of them as a HexB or are only 4 syns if you don't have a hex spare.

Hi Lesley - try the Alpen lights. I like them, they do not make you fart :D and you can have 2 of them as a HexB or are only 4 syns if you don't have a hex spare.
Yes they do! They're the worst culprits and I switched to Kelloggs Fibre Plus to no avail :D
I'll just eat breakaways instead :D

Yes they do! They're the worst culprits and I switched to Kelloggs Fibre Plus to no avail :D
I'll just eat breakaways instead :D
Nooooooo stay away from the Breakaways !!!! :eek:
Shame the Alpen's affect you as well.

TUESDAY

Breakfast : 2 weetabix (HexB), with milk from allowance (HexA) and chopped banana

Lunch : Huge pile of salad leaves with some ham slices and 1 tbsp Tesco Light Choices dressing (1/2 syn)
Melon, strawberries and blueberries with Total 0% yogurt and 1 tsp honey (1/2 syn)

Tea : Out for a curry. Chose chicken shashlik (cooked on skewer and served separate from sauce) with side salad with about 1/4 of the boiled rice and 1/4 of the rogan josh sauce.
One poppadom with mint raita and mango chutney.
Drove, so no alcohol, just diet coke and water.
No idea on syns, had 14 to play with - any suggestions?

Hi Lesley

As you day was light on Hex's then I'd say you were on EE - so

Chicken shashlik = 1 (it's just spices and a bit of yoghurt - proablably not 0%)
Side salad = Free
1/4 of the boiled rice = Free
1/4 of the rogan josh sauce = 2 (lamb rogan josh = 6.5 for a 360g serving)
One poppadom = 4
Mint raita = 1 per tblsp
mango chutney = 2 per tblsp

So this is about 10 - so you had spare!!!

I find Indian food is one of the best to choose for a meal out so long as you avoid all the buttery or oily sauces. Which you did. Well done chica.

Good luck for WI at new class. Let us know how it goes.

good luck for your weigh in and well done on the curry- i am out on sat for one, and may follow your angelic lead! xxx

Yayyyyyy - well done Lesley. 2.5 lbs isn't too bad for a tortoise eh!

How was the new class? Will you keep going?

The new class was great, it was like a night out :D
I'll definitely keep going, the guy who runs it (yes, it's a man) has done the necessary on the computer to request to transfer us from the other class to his (apparently she can say no :confused:) and has already added us on Facebook and to his closed group on Facebook. Brill.
My new buddy won SOTW AND the raffle :D
Unfortunately, I can't go next Weds as I have tickets for the Liverpool v City game at Anfield, so I may go and WI at my old class and dare her to say something to me mwahhahahaha

THURS:
Breakfast : 2 weetabix (HexB), with milk from allowance (HexA) and chopped banana

Lunch : Leftover potato curry from earlier in work on a huge pile of green salad.
Melon, strawberry, blueberry and blackberry on Total 0% yogurt with 1 tsp honey (1 syn)

Two finger kitkat - 5.5 syns

Tea : Chicken on a bed on green salad, onions, red peppers and chopped bacon.
Melon.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (6 syns - HUGE miscalculation)

TOTAL SYNS : 12.5

Last edited:
FRIDAY

Breakfast : Melon, blueberries and blackberries on Total 0% yogurt with 1tsp honey (1 syn)

Lunch : Spaghetti bolognese with wholemeal pasta on a bed of green salad.
30g Parmesan - HexA
Two Kiwis. Mullerlite yogurt.

Mid-pm - Kelloggs Fibre Plus Bar - HexB

Tea : (planned) bacon with tomatoes and mushrooms followed by melon (and some other fruit not yet purchased)
This actually turned into a lamb shank with carrots, green beans and one SW stylemroastie, followed by melon

Syns - planning on a couple of vodkas

Last edited:
Sounds good :) Hope you enjoy your vodkas!

Morning Lesley - how's the week started out? I used to hate Mondays when I worked but no longer fear them now I'm retired.

Glad the new class was good - I think it must make a huge difference to how your C is. I've only been to class once with my mum and the girl that night was a holiday stand-in and she was rubbish. Just droned on about how well she had done, no words of encouragement to either losers or gainers. Mum said she was so different from her normal C who made everyone feel great whether they had lost or gained.

Hi Pommette - I'm coming to the end of my week now as I'll probably have to WI early tomorrow (going to football Wednesday). Weekend went a little pear shaped re alcohol (I blame the rubbish footie :mad: :D) but I've held it together foodwise.
On a red day today. :)

Back