Lets compare pictures?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Following on from the Actifry thread, i thought we could all make and post a picky of our chips, as a few of us are suspecting a possible fault or maybe just had higher hopes lol

So heres mine.. i get the blotchy bits someone else mentioned, this time i used two spoon fulls of frylight as 1 spoon of oil wasnt enough i didnt think, and cooked for 40 mins. some were un evenly cooked as youl see?? They were nice.. but not amazing. Made just as good in an oven?

Image000.jpg
xxx

have tried to upload pic of actifry chips...

but not sure if i have managed it.. wont let me insert it so have tried attatching it... not sure if I am doing something wrong or if its cause i havent made enough posts yet :-(

Attachments

• Photo0120.jpg
    Photo0120.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 67
firstly,well done you!! lol

- iv taken my actifry back. not worth the money imo.. il buy one when iv got money like that to spare tbh! x

would totally agree if its not something you are going to get a lot of use out... i think at least daily for something that costs that amount of money, however, for me, its been my saving grace . I work full time, have two young kids to look after, the house to run, i have to travel over an hour (if traffic is good) to work and back and there just simply arent enough hours in the day for me then to have to start peeling, par boiling, spraying, etc with the regular SW chips ....but i LOVE THEM and they have gotten me through many a craving that otherwise would have ended up blowing my diet big style.... with the actifry I simply buy washed and ready to use spuds, slice them up over the actifry, slop on the fry light and bingo... i have then got 40 mins to use whilst they cook to go and do jobs, spend time with the children , go to the loo lol etc ....

haha. It sounds like its really good for you! - i know i will regret it when i start both my jobs and have to come home and have house to clean but iv got a whole 3 weeks till then haha.

- i really have managed to get so mcuh in return for the price of teh actifry

- microwave, vacuum, iron, ironing board, kettle, toaster, set of scales, tea towel set, the lot!

I think you're not fluffing!!

If you use the right potatoes and cut the chips quite chunky, then par-boil and give them a good shake to fluff the edges, then lay them out on the baking tray and spray quite liberally with fry light...and then cook for about 30 mins on about 170-180, you should get them crisping up like the magazine. I will take a photo next time I make them!

x

i tried a new experiment in my actifry last night ... chopped up my potatoes and bunged them in ( half moon shapes are currently my fave) .. cooked them for 20 mins, during that i chopped up a gammon steak ( all fat removed) and loads of 'shrooms .. at the 20 minute mark bunged them in and left them all for another 10 mins. Ping! .. big plateful of chips, gammon and mushroom with no pots to wash up, all done in frylight and totally delish. Would have been even better with a couple of (frylight) fried eggs on top but i was hungry and couldn't wait any longer! :-D

I think you're not fluffing!!

If you use the right potatoes and cut the chips quite chunky, then par-boil and give them a good shake to fluff the edges, then lay them out on the baking tray and spray quite liberally with fry light...and then cook for about 30 mins on about 170-180, you should get them crisping up like the magazine. I will take a photo next time I make them!

x

I used maris piper and fluffed :D still enjoyed them just did not look like the mag. :D

DSCF2276.jpg

My SW Chips

x

p.s. sorry think image is huge - not sure how to make it a clickable thumbnail

yeah see.. thats how mine looked. nothing like an over all, golden crisp, splodge free, almost chip shop like look that is promised on box..

i made some in oven today and it deffinatly confirmed my descion to take my acti-fry back. The only thing i missed was the time effeciancy fo it, but im not paying £150 to be lazy.. i can do that for free!

If you do oven or shop bought fry chips in the actifry they do come out all beautifully crisp and evenly golden. I don't think you will get that with potatoes as such because of the starch/water in them.

I could never get a pleasing result doing SW chips in the oven so I do love my actifry!

x

Back