Total Solution Let's Get This Done!

Your photographs are amazing - what a transformation! :)

Resist the fish and chips - you'll be grateful later :D

Have a lovely weekend :)

Stay strong today. I'm finding that food smells seem so much stronger while I am on this diet.

Your weight loss has been fantastic, you look fabulous now :)

Thank you both so much. I managed to get through the lunch without too much issue, it didn't look very nice to me anyway. I just kept thinking 'you already know what it tastes like' and 'it'll be gone soon'. Worked quite well! I am verrry hungry now though. I had my spag bol before we went over, it was ok but not very filling. I'm going to wait until 4 to have my shake, chai latte. I need to get motivated and do the shred too. I hope I can do it every day but I'm not certain it'll happen!

Struggling tonight. Not going to give in, but I'm so hungry! I'm not sure why, maybe the exercise?

I did day 3 of the shred this afternoon, then cleaned out the rabbits' hutch which took about an hour. I want to keep the exercise going but I'm not sure it's worth this hunger :(

Had spag bol, gingerbread latte shake, then curry today. I'm trying to use up all of the meal packs I bought - I can only eat them with extra salt, which I don't really want in my diet. I love the shakes so sticking to them once my meals are used up :)

This hunger needs to STOP!

Sooo I weighed today and I haven't lost in the last week, I've actually gained 1lb since I weighed on Thursday. I'm a little annoyed. I think I'm going to scrap the meal packs, I can only eat them by adding salt and spices, and I think it's making me gain water weight. Not the end of the world, but the reason I'm doing this is to lose more quickly than I would on weight watchers, for example.

I don't know, maybe the exercise is making be retain water too. Sigh. I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Wow! You look fabulous on your Feb 2016 photograph. What a huge difference. Well done you. XX

Sooo I weighted today and I haven't lost in the last week, I've actually gained 1lb since I weighed on Thursday. I'm a little annoyed. I think I'm going to scrap the meal packs, I can only eat them by adding salt and spices, and I think it's making me gain water weight. Not the end of the world, but the reason I'm doing this is to lose more quickly than I would on weight watchers, for example.

I don't know, maybe the exercise is making be retain water too. Sigh. I don't know what to do.

Try a couple of days on shakes only as a fast boost. I find them so sloshy and filling I don't think I have felt hungry at all. But don't give up, you have come so far and done so well, you can see your body responds fabulously to weight loss... you do look amazing. (I am well jel.) ;) XX

Try a couple of days on shakes only as a fast boost. I find them so sloshy and filling I don't think I have felt hungry at all. But don't give up, you have come so far and done so well, you can see your body responds fabulously to weight loss... you do look amazing. (I am well jel.) ;) XX

I think I'm going to try just shakes for a couple of days, I actually prefer them but I've been trying to use up the meals to get them out of the way!

Thank you for your lovely comments about my photos. I never would have thought it was possible for me to lose the weight, if I can do it anyone can!

Today's weigh in: 12st 8lbs
Goal weight: 10st 0lbs

I'd like to achieve this by my birthday in July, so I have exactly 126 days to go.

There'll be a few off plan days, I'm not going to pretend there won't. My fiance's birthday...a baby shower...Easter day...my brother's birthday. These will all involve eating off plan, and I'm ok with that.

Today I'll be having a low carb meal.. Every 2 weeks we go to my fiance's mum's for Sunday lunch, she makes me a chicken breast with steamed veg so not too bad. I'd rather not, honestly, but it's really really not worth the fight!

I'm going to stick to shakes only, I'm thinking gluten free is the way to go for me as the meals don't seem to be working for me. That's ok, I love the shakes...rhubarb and custard, YUM! I'm going to try and swap my meal packs for shakes as I don't want to waste them :)

I'm so close to fitting into my size 14 trousers so that's my next non-scale goal.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Keep going Charlotte :)

I know what it's like not to lose anything one week - very disheartening :(

You look very slim in your photo - is your goal weight perhaps a little low?

When you haven't got much to lose it can be more of a struggle it seems o_O

Keep at it, you'll get there in the end! :D

Have a lovely day :)

Keep going Charlotte :)

I know what it's like not to lose anything one week - very disheartening :(

You look very slim in your photo - is your goal weight perhaps a little low?

When you haven't got much to lose it can be more of a struggle it seems o_O

Keep at it, you'll get there in the end! :D

Have a lovely day :)

Maybe I have set my goal too low. I'd like to fit into a size 10, I've never ever been able to fit into size 10 clothes! I'm almost fitting into a 14 now, so I'm thinking it'll take another 2 stone to get there. I'll rethink as I go though, maybe that's too small for me.

Thanks Darcy, you're always so positive :D This will be SO worth it in the end!

Hi chazzafraz, found your diary - never too late to say welcome. A nice group of ladies here who will really support you through it all. As for the 30 day shred, you do realize it's strength training more than aerobics right? so though you won't really gain with it because you're doing a vlcd, you usually maintain your muscle mass which is heavier... but before that happens, you replenish the glycogen stores... Ive been a jillian Michaels addict for 9 years now - sometimes i get bored, but they're so quick and effective. She has a beginner shred one which is definitely the one to start before the 30 day one (thinking of you Darcy) - esp if you haven't exercised for a while. it's easy and really nice.

Also not a good idea to add salt to the packs, which ones have you bought?
Anyone who's read about me knows it's curry all the way for me. I don't do the shakes, but curry and the crunchy bars thatose are my go to.
Are you drinking enough as well?

Anyway, well done on your journey, I'm sure you'll make it to goal soon
Xx

Hi chazzafraz, found your diary - never too late to say welcome. A nice group of ladies here who will really support you through it all. As for the 30 day shred, you do realize it's strength training more than aerobics right? so though you won't really gain with it because you're doing a vlcd, you usually maintain your muscle mass which is heavier... but before that happens, you replenish the glycogen stores... Ive been a jillian Michaels addict for 9 years now - sometimes i get bored, but they're so quick and effective. She has a beginner shred one which is definitely the one to start before the 30 day one (thinking of you Darcy) - esp if you haven't exercised for a while. it's easy and really nice.

Also not a good idea to add salt to the packs, which ones have you bought?
Anyone who's read about me knows it's curry all the way for me. I don't do the shakes, but curry and the crunchy bars thatose are my go to.
Are you drinking enough as well?

Anyway, well done on your journey, I'm sure you'll make it to goal soon
Xx

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I really like the intensity of the shred, I think HIIT is the way to tone up. Maybe I need to stay off the scales for a while though, I might try a no-weigh March! I'm staying away from the meals for now, I don't like them unsalted and I don't want to add salt to my food. I love love love the shakes so I'm still happy :) I drink so much water - I have for the past two years since I started Atkins. Approx 4 litres a day, not including the shakes and coffees. I'll see how I go on the shakes only, I think that might be the way forward for me.

Everytime I think 'oooh no social events for a while, I can stay 100% TS' I get invited out for lunch. So Tuesday I'll be adding a plain chicken salad to my shakes!! I'm trying to sway the decision to a coffee shop so I can stick to an Americano but it isn't going well! I don't see these girls often so I guess it'll be ok as a one off. I'd rather not though, seems a waste of money to get chicken salad in a restaurant!

Having a minor breakdown here...had a (very) last minute order for some baked goods, which is great for my business and my bank account, but not so great for me on Exante. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't, but I feel so drained from the effort! The smell was too much, the whole thing was overwhelming. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the baking and the diet. I ended up having an extra shake which I'm a bit annoyed at, but it was that or raid the cupboards. I don't usually get like this but for some reason the fast few days I'm so hungry. My stomach is constantly rumbling, it's like I'm starving myself but I'm not.

I guess I just needed to vent. I need to go to bed, tired hungry Charlotte is not nice to be around!

Exercise will make you rumbly tums hungry... Maybe split your shake in 2- 1/2 before the rest after your workout. Also baking smells (cooking in general) activate the salivary glands, and though you didn't eat anything it activates the stomach juices
Did you have your Sunday lunch as well? Sometimes that kicks it in as well.

You're doing great Charlotte, I'm not sure I could have resistedo_O
Have a great week

Incredibly inspirational photos - you look fab!

Well done on resisting Charlotte.

Don't add salt to anything - it will make you retain water. When I need to add something to the savoury packs I tend to add black pepper - this will add a little flavour and a little heat (but not too much).

Have a good day :)

Exercise will make you rumbly tums hungry... Maybe split your shake in 2- 1/2 before the rest after your workout. Also baking smells (cooking in general) activate the salivary glands, and though you didn't eat anything it activates the stomach juices
Did you have your Sunday lunch as well? Sometimes that kicks it in as well.

You're doing great Charlotte, I'm not sure I could have resistedo_O
Have a great week

Thank you for this, it's made me feel a bit better! I did have chicken and broccoli yesterday (that I didn't really want) so that didn't help. I was baking my favourite thing in the world and it made me sad. It did make me realise how much I would've normally eaten, just little tastes here and there but so so many calories wasted. I'm going to try splitting my shake in half today like you suggested, I don't want to give up the exercise :)

Incredibly inspirational photos - you look fab!

Thank you so much!

Well done on resisting Charlotte.

Don't add salt to anything - it will make you retain water. When I need to add something to the savoury packs I tend to add black pepper - this will add a little flavour and a little heat (but not too much).

Have a good day :)

I just don't like the savoury packs without salt. The problem is, I really do enjoy them with added salt, so I keep reaching for them. I might just bin them, this is hard enough without retaining water!! I love the shakes too but can't stop grabbing the spag bol. Silly me. Thanks for your advice :)

Maybe I need to stay off the scales for a while though, I might try a no-weigh March! I'm staying away from the meals for now, I don't like them unsalted and I don't want to add salt to my food.

Have you tried adding dried chilli flakes? I add them to every savoury exante meal and find it helps massively. They just take a bit sweet otherwise. I imagine a few chopped fresh herbs (or even dried) wouldn't hurt either...

Have you tried adding dried chilli flakes? I add them to every savoury exante meal and find it helps massively. They just take a bit sweet otherwise. I imagine a few chopped fresh herbs (or even dried) wouldn't hurt either...

I tend to add cayenne pepper and paprika, but still don't really like them. It's not a huge issue though, I'm quite happy with my shakes :) I'm not a fan of the bars either so I guess I'll keep it simple.

Today so far...got up and packaged up the baking I did last night ready for collection. They were collected, so I hoovered and cleaned out the kitchen. Went to town to post 3 dresses that I just sold on an app called Vinted - had to buy the packaging, then sat in BHS coffee shop with a bottle of water to package up the dresses. Spent ages in the post office trying to figure out the self service machines, did a bit of shopping and came home. Just had my first shake at 15.50. Surprisingly wasn't hungry though!

First shake of the day was the Irish Cream...not a huge fan but it was ok. Now I need to go and print off my kitchen cleaning schedule so it's ready in case I get a kitchen inspection. Phew, I'm tired! Need a lie down, and haven't done my 30 day shred yet.

I just had a curry pack with cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. It was pretty nice! Is there a limit on spices? I'm probably going a bit over the top.

I'm tired today, contemplating skipping the shred but I really wanted to do 30 consecutive days. I might wait half an hour and try to get motivated.

Back