Total Solution Let's Get This Done!

Well done for resisting the baking - that took some massive willpower :D

Sounds like you've had a busy day too

....why don't you have a bit of a rest this evening, just recharging the batteries :)

The shred will be there for another day :rolleyes:

Take care xx

Well done for resisting the baking - that took some massive willpower :D

Sounds like you've had a busy day too

....why don't you have a bit of a rest this evening, just recharging the batteries :)

The shred will be there for another day :rolleyes:

Take care xx

That baking yesterday was a bit too much for me, I didn't feel strong at all...feeling much better today. I haven't done the shred today, I hope Jillian isn't too mean to me tomorrow :D

Just had my last shake, cookies and cream. Didn't like it last time I had it...love it now! Yum yum yum.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning, and try to get through until 29th March without weighing again. The 29th is my fiance's birthday so we're going out for dinner so that'll hopefully be my (low carb) reward! I know I'll be eating on the 20th at my dads, that'll be lamb so I can stay low carb (he makes the best lamb, and I hardly ever see him). I'll post my March goal tomorrow after I weigh in.

I'm going for lunch tomorrow but I'm sticking with black coffee and water, I'm not going to risk the hunger of yesterday by eating chicken. I have a BUSY baking week ahead for Mother's Day so I need ketosis to power me through!

Hope you're having a good day:)

How was weigh in?

Weighed in at 12st 6 this morning, I was very happy with that.

Unfortunately I veered off course today. I'm not going to go into details, but it involved carbs and alcoholic beverages :( I was being really good but got sucked in by my friends. I'm mostly annoyed because I wanted to be on plan through March. It wasn't horrendous, just means tomorrow is day 1 again.

I'm glad it didn't escalate into a full on binge, which it would have before I started to lose weight! I'm having a shake for dinner and moving on. It happens. I need to learn to stay strong. I did enjoy it though :D Silly me!

I'm aiming to get to 11 stone on Exante, then I'm looking at doing the body coach plan or joining the gym to tone up. It feels more manageable than 10 stone. I'm hoping to be under 12 stone by the end of March, but my weight loss is agonisingly slow. Mainly because I can't get through a week without going off plan!!

Hope everyone else has had a better day!

Yes draw a line - but also devise some plan so as not to get sucked in by your friends' invitations. It's bad enough to be doing a vlcd, you don't want it to drag on... and you don't want to be losing the same pounds over and over again - it can get discouraging.

So what is your goal for March?

As the ladies say - draw a line and move on.

And as Enlightenme says you do need to have a plan for when you know you are going out. You can eat out and keep in ketosis if you stick to protein and salad :)

Draw a line under today, and move on :)

Yes draw a line - but also devise some plan so as not to get sucked in by your friends' invitations. It's bad enough to be doing a vlcd, you don't want it to drag on... and you don't want to be losing the same pounds over and over again - it can get discouraging.

So what is your goal for March?

As the ladies say - draw a line and move on.

And as Enlightenme says you do need to have a plan for when you know you are going out. You can eat out and keep in ketosis if you stick to protein and salad :)

Thanks for your advice everyone, definitely what I needed to hear :)

I was doing really well, the pub had refillable black coffee which was perfect for me. I actually wasn't eating because I'd had my bar, but my friends weren't happy with me and ordered me a bagel and some onion rings when they went to the bar (two of my favourite things - random I know!). So I ate half of each. Next time I'll order chicken salad, at least then I can't be accused of not eating and this won't happen again. Oh well.

My goal for this month is to get under 12 stone, which would be a dream for me! It's going to be tough, March is full of social events but I'm determined to stay in ketosis all month.

Well, then comes the difficult time to either lay down the ground rules for your friends - they respect your diet, hence they're respecting you... or remove yourself from these situations! It seems like sabotage and it is uncool - we're already fighting ourselves not to eat, we don't need anyone else's help.
Sometimes a real, non-agressive thing to say is "hey you guys, I really need your help with this OK?" and it totally shifts the situation
And most importantly, it makes you come away with the knowledge that you've controlled the situation, and if you feel you want to eat a chicken salad - that you chose it, therefore you won't walk away feeling like crap!

Well, then comes the difficult time to either lay down the ground rules for your friends - they respect your diet, hence they're respecting you... or remove yourself from these situations! It seems like sabotage and it is uncool - we're already fighting ourselves not to eat, we don't need anyone else's help.
Sometimes a real, non-agressive thing to say is "hey you guys, I really need your help with this OK?" and it totally shifts the situation
And most importantly, it makes you come away with the knowledge that you've controlled the situation, and if you feel you want to eat a chicken salad - that you chose it, therefore you won't walk away feeling like crap!

I love this, I definitely need to explain to my friends that I need some support while I'm doing this. I should have resisted but I couldn't once it was placed in front of me, I need to work on that. I think next time I'll stick to a coffee shop and if they want to go for lunch after, fine, but at the moment I need to concentrate on myself. My social life will have to wait!

I'm seriously considering the body coach's 90 day plan once I get down to 11 stone. I think carb cycling and HIIT sounds really good, and it certainly makes eating out easier! So maybe by April/May I'll be ready for that :)

A good day for me today :) I had my first shake much earlier than usual as I had to go out, but I actually feel really good. I had my second shake at 2, and just had my third. Hopefully I won't be starving later! Usually I save my last shake for around 9pm. When I was doing Atkins I always stopped eating at 6 to introduce intermittent fasting, so it might be a good idea to get back to that for when I get to maintenance.

gosh, even posting seems to be beyond my limit tonight!

Good job! for spreading out those shakes. I remember when talking to my dr about cambridge, he said that he had nothing against VLCDs, just as long as the packs were eaten at around regular meal times, so as to mimic real eating hours, because it lessened the possibility of establishing bad eating routines once i got to refeeding...and it got the blood fasting sugars regular (?? I think that's what he said)
I listened to him and had my porridge every morning like clockwork, soup for lunch and a bar/porridge in the afternoon, last pack (usually porridge) for dinner...
With 3 packs, and not feeling hungry, I'd rather hit my coffee first thing, get most of my water out of the way, then have my first pack at around 1PM and carry on from there... as my biggest "head" hunger occurs in the evening. But even though I had my last meal at 3pm, i know it's just head hunger as I don't REALLY feel any hunger

gosh, even posting seems to be beyond my limit tonight!

Good job! for spreading out those shakes. I remember when talking to my dr about cambridge, he said that he had nothing against VLCDs, just as long as the packs were eaten at around regular meal times, so as to mimic real eating hours, because it lessened the possibility of establishing bad eating routines once i got to refeeding...and it got the blood fasting sugars regular (?? I think that's what he said)
I listened to him and had my porridge every morning like clockwork, soup for lunch and a bar/porridge in the afternoon, last pack (usually porridge) for dinner...
With 3 packs, and not feeling hungry, I'd rather hit my coffee first thing, get most of my water out of the way, then have my first pack at around 1PM and carry on from there... as my biggest "head" hunger occurs in the evening. But even though I had my last meal at 3pm, i know it's just head hunger as I don't REALLY feel any hunger

This makes a lot of sense to me. I was wondering if I was getting into a bad habit by 'eating' late at night. I put most of my weight on with late night snacking, so I need to steer clear of that!

I'm going to make sure I have my last shake before 6pm. I'm not going to lie, this evening has dragged, but I'm not hungry so that's good at least.

You know what - I still don't feel hungry this morning but I'm going to try and go back to having my packs around regular times like before - I really don't want my body getting used to wanting food past dinner

I too have the packs/shakes from lunchtime onwards as naturally I am not hungry in the morning. Around 8pm the foodie-monster kicks in so I like to have hot shake or bar to nibble on around then.

My friends are shockers for trying to break my resolve... love 'em but could kill 'em at times. :rolleyes:

I get why people keep their packs til later in the day. I never used to eat first thing because I wasn't hungry but on one of the (numerous) diets I've been on I read that eating in the morning gets your metabolism going so started having breakfast. That made me feel hungry earlier in the day so I made sure I had fairly regular mealtimes - breakfast around 7am, dinner around 7pm and lunch somewhere in the middle.

As a result I've kept my eating on the vlcd to a similar pattern. First pack around 7am, last pack around 7pm. I was tempted to shift to a later eating pattern in the beginning so I wasn't hungry in the evening, but evening snacking has been a problem for me and I wanted to crack it. Now, on the rare occasion that I feel hungry in the evening I have a cup of hot oxo or bouillon and I always go to bed with a hot (non caffeine) drink.

Oh, thanks Darcy. I'll take a look

Back