Let's get this Party started!!!!

The Journey

Hi everyone, I'm new here :)
I have another diary on a different weight loss forum but haven't got too much support on there, so I'm hoping to get some more over here!

Info:
I started my weight loss journey on the 21st of July, and did very well for a little while, lost about 11 lbs. But then around the end of september and all throughout october I went off my diet, and struggled to get back to it. I gained about 4.4 pounds during that time :(.
Anyways I am back as of a week and 2 days, and so glad I am!

My plan for weight loss at the moment is to eat between 1800 - 1900 cals 6 days a week, and one day 2400 (maintenance level for me). This should keep my metabolism going high and usually the maintenance day helps me stick to my program better!
As far as exercise goes I am currently doing Turbo Jam 5 days a week and I usually do other workouts the 2 other days

Stats:
On the 21st of July when I officially started this journey I was 178 lbs
I currently weigh: 168 lbs

A few goals that keep me going right now are:
New years: I am going to a party, and there will be a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time, so i want to look my best.
Also one of my sisters is losing weight so I'm "competing" with her a bit.
In march I'll probably be doing some travelling, and again, I want to look really good by then!

Today: TOTM... hmm.. Still did my workout Turbo Jam Cardio Party was fun but difficult because of TOTM, felt really good after it though
So far today I've eaten 1000 cals, and I think I'll only eat 1200 cals today because I woke up late, etc... tommorrow is maintenance day anyways. :)
Things that went really well: exercised despite the way I was feeling.. really proud of myself for that! Resisted Ice Cream!!! Ate only healthy foods today, so youpie!!!
Drank 3 liters of water :)
Things that could have gone better: Wasn't too active today, also need to start waking up earlier because I'm sleeping too much and therefore am burning less total calories a day..

Goals for tommorrow:
*Wake up earlier
*workout
*write on here

I would REALLY appreciate any tips/tricks/encouragement/criticism you may have, I'm here because I want to learn and improve and keep on track, so if I know there are people watching my progress, I'll be more inclined to have a good day!

So glad to be here with you all !!! :D

Hi, just a quick post about the "challenges" I'm working on.
The main one starts next week and the challenge is to eat cleaner and get leaner during the holidays. The trend at the end of the year is usually for people to stop working out, and gain some weight over the holidays, but I'm going to challenge myself to not only exercise just as much, eat just as healthy, but to do more and go beyond that during the year end!
If anyone would like to join me, that would be great :), just let me know..

Oh Journey your diary puts mine to shame.. look at your masses of goals! I love it! It seems like you've put loads of thought into every aspect of your loss. And don't be disheartened by the few pounds you gained... want to know something strange? I started my last diet on the exact same day that you did, 21st July and I went awol in September too lol but I gained a hell of a lot more than 4.4lbs so count yourself lucky :D

Good luck with your goals for tomorrow, you can do it! I know you'll fit it all in, and I'm up for the holiday fitness, there's no way I'm becoming a fatty over xmas lol

xx

I want to join, My challenge is to start exercising again :)

Just read through your post and it seems like a brilliant plan and its not too low on calories which is very refreshing.. keep us updated on how your doing.. x

Thanks so much!! I'll defo keep you all updated :D
Its great you're going to start exercising again.. what kind of exercise do you plan on doing?

Oh Journey your diary puts mine to shame.. look at your masses of goals! I love it! It seems like you've put loads of thought into every aspect of your loss. And don't be disheartened by the few pounds you gained... want to know something strange? I started my last diet on the exact same day that you did, 21st July and I went awol in September too lol but I gained a hell of a lot more than 4.4lbs so count yourself lucky :D

Good luck with your goals for tomorrow, you can do it! I know you'll fit it all in, and I'm up for the holiday fitness, there's no way I'm becoming a fatty over xmas lol

xx

Wow it's so amazing that we started on the same day! And you're right I am very lucky that I didn't gain any more than that!

I'm so glad you guys wanna join!! I'm wondering if we should put it in the challenge section or just keep it here? Let me know what's best :D

Will update later with how the day went!

Today was CRAZY.. sooo many things happened.. big family stress out that took out my whole afternnoon, and the rest of the time I was trying to make a lemon roll cake and I tried like 3 times! grrr.. It was my brothers birthday and he really wanted one. the last one was OK, but that ate out a big chunk of time too.
Eating was neither good nor bad. it was a 2400 day, so far I've eaten 1900, so I might just make tommorrow my high calorie day...
I did eat some of the cake as I was making it which wasn't too good, but then again I am allowed to have something not tooo good for me every once in a while. Also had some unhealthy cereal.
I did however refuse kebabs, which is what my family was having for dinner, so that's one good thing!

As this was a crazy day I didn't manage to fit any exercise in, but I will still be exercising 6 times this week so I don't think it's the end of the world. I just have to make sure that doesn't happen regularly.

This weekend is going to be challenging as another one of my brothers is having a birthday for which I will also be baking the cake, and of course there will also be ice-cream involved... hmmm..... not so good
but I will do my best!

goals for tomorrow are:

*exercise like a crazy person!!
*avoid stressful situations :)
*drink a lot of water, eat healthy, etc...

Heya, you seem to be doing really well. Well done on clambering back on the wagon!
Where are you going traveling?

I was reading an article in the times that said that getting a decent night's sleep can actually improve weightloss. You should be aiming to get between 7 and 8 hours sleep, and no less than 6 or something. Any excuse for a lie in, lol.

Hope this week goes well for you.

6 times a week is brilliant! Never tried lemon roll cake.. is it good?

You've got a great attitude to dieting hun, i love it. Yes of course you can treat yourself every once in a while. I'm stealing your idea too, i'm going to have one day a week as a higher cal/treat day.. :)

My exercise goal is to run every other day, atleast 2.5miles, on the days im not running to do sit-ups, press-ups, tricep dips and walk for 2.5 miles :) x

Thanks so much, you're very encouraging!
The Lemon case was O.K.... I wasn't a big fan...
Good for you with the exercise goals, sounds like a good plan, I really enjoy running actually but only in private and where I live at the moment running in private isn't really an option... :(

Heya, you seem to be doing really well. Well done on clambering back on the wagon!
Where are you going traveling?

I was reading an article in the times that said that getting a decent night's sleep can actually improve weightloss. You should be aiming to get between 7 and 8 hours sleep, and no less than 6 or something. Any excuse for a lie in, lol.

Hope this week goes well for you.

Thanks!
About the sleep, sometimes I have more than 8 hours of sleep and that's why I'm trying to cut down, that way I can burn more calories a day. :)
I'm going travelling to England, Ireland, and Iceland (hopefully) :D

Update:
BAD WEEK!!! a lot of s**t has happened in my family which has made it really hard to stay on track. The good news is I haven't gone crazy on food or ate too much, in fact I think I haven't been eating enough.. for example it's already evening and I've only had 400 calories today. Things are sooo stressful and out of control that everything besides my family problems pretty much got put on the back burner, including exercise. UGH..
But I just decided this second that I'm going to go exercise right after I finish writing this post! That will mean exercising 5 times this week, which for me I don't think is enough, but it's better than not exercising at all! It'll also calm me down and make me feel a lot better!

Yesterday I was busy all day baking and preparing for my brothers birthday party.... by the time I was finished it was like 10 PM so I didn't exercise :(

Anyways, this is an exception! As in I'll make sure things like this don't start happening on a regular basis because I need to exercise and I like to exercise. I will just have to make it more of a priority in my life.

I have high hopes for next week, and I'm going to challenge myself to go above and beyond with my fitness :D

Weigh in is tommorrow, and I'm a little bit worried about it, but whatever the number is, i'm not going to let it get me down, i'm just going to try harder next week.

I had a big disagreement with two of my sisters and they constantly brought up my weight, which is a little discouraging, but I'm choosing to see it like this: If the only bad thing about me they can say has to do with my weight, I must be a pretty damn awesome person!! Not to mention I'm working to change that so what are they gunna have to say then?? :D

In the last two days I've eaten too much unhealthy foods, because of the stress and the birthday party... I could have eaten less at the party, so that's my bad. I WILL do better next week! I also need to make sure I am drinking enough water.

Wow.. this post is getting very long, so I'm going to stop here.

So I'm down 3 lbs from last week.. VERY happy about that :).

Things that could have gone better:
I only exercised 4 days last week, there were good reasons but I still could have tried harder, so I'm gunna try harder from now on, and make exercise a bigger priority!
Could have eaten healthier, esp at the end of the week... I didn't have to eat as much as I did at my brothers birthday party , etc... so will work on that this week!

Today is my first day on my Year End challenge. This week I'm going to challenge myself with exercise, making sure I exercise everyday, even if it's not for super long.
I will also try to eat better, tighten up my diet more, and not have too much junk, I think 2 cheats this week will be plenty.
This will be fun! I'm always so excited at the beginning of a new week. I really want to do my best!

Today went well.. I exercised for 30 minutes, and I ate well, at 1600 cals for the day. I was also more active than usual today, which is good :)

Hey you are doing really well, I'm new on here and yours is one of the first diaries i have read. God I think I need to exercise more looking at how much you do! I weigh 168lbs so were around the same weight. Iv lost this weight before so I know I can do it again. I'm slimming to travel to America(if I get the confidence to go) iv taken a year out so my plan is to slim then travel. good look with your slimming :) x

Hey you are doing really well, I'm new on here and yours is one of the first diaries i have read. God I think I need to exercise more looking at how much you do! I weigh 168lbs so were around the same weight. Iv lost this weight before so I know I can do it again. I'm slimming to travel to America(if I get the confidence to go) iv taken a year out so my plan is to slim then travel. good look with your slimming :) x

Why thank you, and good luck to you too! Sounds like you have a good goal to work towards!

yesterday:

Exercised, only for 15 minutes. My goal for this week was to exercise everyday, even if it wasn't for a very long time, so I'm still happy because I REALLY didn't feel like exercising yesterday, but I still did!

What went well: Ate 1800 cals, which is good, and ate mostly healthy things all day.

What could have gone better: Little slip up yesterday, I was looking at thanksgiving recipes and I ended up making sweet buns, which I ate, and probably shouldn't have. Still,I stayed within my calorie limits.

Starting december 1st I'm going to make a batch of different cookies everyday for my family..... That could spell disaster, so I'm going to need a lot of willpower. I think I'll make it a goal to only eat one of the cookies each day, and then make sure I really don't eat any other crap during the day!

One thing that's a little discouraging is that my sister is losing weight a LOT faster than I am... I mean you can see a HUGE difference on her. Of course the reason is that she hasn't been eating. I know that I'm doing this the healthy way (exercising and eating less, but not too little), but it's still discouraging when you see someone dieting the unhealthy way and getting much better results, without exercising etc... I'm going to have to remember that in the long run my way is better, and I'll end up healthier, more energetic!

One thing I've learned so far is to NEVER compare yourself to others. Only to what you use to look like. That should make you happy.

Thanks elm, and you're right, comparing is completely useless :)

Today I ate 1800 calories and exercised for about 43 minutes!! I don't recall eating anything unhealthy either, WOOOOOT!!!
I'm really really proud of myself, I didn't eat the unhealthy cheese toast that my family had for lunch, and then in the afternnoon I went shopping my my mom and my sister, and I was sooo tempted because chrstmas is coming so the whole stop is full of yummy christmas snacks.. but I resisted :D, and didn't buy anything unhealthy, instead I bought rice crackers, two different kinds of healthy cereals and loads of gum, because I'm going to be doing a ton of cooking during the holidays and if I'mnot chewing gum, i'll be picking on the food :O, which I don't want to do!

I really hope tomorrow goes as well as today!

another day over :D

Did tons of cooking / cleaning today because we're having a thanksgiving-ish dinner tomorrow.

What went well: made 3 pies and didn't pick on any of the ingredients, ate about 1800 calories, exercised for 40 minutes! REally good workout too!
All in all pretty good day.

What could have gone better: I hardly had any water at all today, because I've been working all day and I just didn't think about it..
also woke up too late, need to work on that!

Dinner was very unhealthy, but it was a special dinner my brother made, so I had some. I don't feel particularly guilty about it.. usually I stay away from fatty/unhealthy foods especially in the evening but it was special and I did make sure I stayed within my calorie limits.

Do you guys think I'm too easy on myself? I mean I do eat garbage frequently enough, not big amounts over my calorie limits, but small amounts of things that are not too healthy, high in fat, etc... Should I be more strict with myself? I'm not quite sure what the answer is.....

At the end of the day hun, this is a change for life. As long as you're being healthier than you were, doing exercise and loosing a wee bit of weight every now and then, then however you do it is fine.
You can have the odd binge, realistically you're not going to be on a stric diet every day of your life.
Just try not to go toooo overboard and I'm sure you'll be fine.
It's all about the small changes.

Best wishes.

Ok well big thanksgiving dinner.
I cooked for 8 hours straight and was surprisingly good about not snitching. Of cours I had a huge dinner, I'm really realy full now .. I honestly had NO time to exercise, like really really.. but since I was on my feet all day long that should count for something right? :) anyways, today was my high calorie day and I made sure I didn't eat too much to start with, so I think i've gone pretty well.

Around 1800 cals today. Didn't eat too healthy though. Must pull myself back together!
For exercise today I danced around my room for an hour and half to two hours. Wasn't super intense dancing but I'm counting it as my exercise today. Will be the exception and not the rule though.
Yesterday even though I didn't do an exercise video or not I'm thinking running around the kitchen cooking all day plus the cleaning I did before cooking should consititute my exercise for the day. Pretty much I worked from 8 in the morning till 8 at night non stop, and pretty much didn't sit down all day, so yea I'm thinking that was active enough at least for me, I usually never move around that much.
But same there, I'm going to make that the exception. I feel much better when I do an exercise video anyways. Gives me a bigger sense of achievement.
Anyways I'm off for the day.
Goals for tommorrow:

*do a really good workout!
*Drink lots of water!! --haven't been drinking enough.
*Eat HEALTHY foods all day, no junk! (throw away that left-over stuffing!)

I'm gunna go throw it away now :)
Peace everyone.

Heya, Just read ur diary posts and can I say you are doing so well, with the exercise and healthy eating and I really like the challenge...it's so true I feel like I am lazier at the end of the year and it's so cold here...

Back