Let's get trim! (Starting 2 January)

Today was a well needed rest day. I happened to go into the office and by the time I walked back and forth from the car park and got some fresh air for my lunch break I had pretty much done my step count for the day anyway.

Goals:

1. Not drinking alcohol √
2. Protein - 122g √
3. Walk √ although not with the dog!
4. Les Mills Class ❌ - planned rest day
4. Calories - 1,365 √

10 stone 4lbs this morning. I had a bit of an upset stomach last night though I'm expecting that number to go up tomorrow. Or I could be pleasantly surprised. Guess I'll find out!

Argh work was stressful today (hmm - noticing a pattern here 🤔). I started work at 9am and then didn't leave my desk until 9.30pm! I didn't get to walk my poor doggie or do any exercise.

The issue mainly stems from the fact that we have two people on long-term sick leave and another guy who did loads of work has left and his replacement won't be arriving until around March. I sort of have two line managers - my main one is amazingly supportive and knows I've got enough on as it is so she offers to help/reallocate whenever she can. The other seems to think quite highly of me (which is obviously a good thing), but even when I tell him I have no capacity I still seem to get roped into stuff like looking after other people's work while they're on holiday getting married. I'm glad I powered through today because it's helped my stress levels knowing that I haven't got such a huge to-do list, but I can't do that every day! Here's hoping being a little less stressed will help with sleep...

Goals:

2. Protein - 98g ❌ that might be higher than it is because I am still not feeling so great so I didn't eat all of my dinner
3. Walk ❌ my Polar thinks I did 2,742 steps today and I honestly think that's generous...
4. Les Mills Class ❌ - planned rest day
4. Calories - 1,153 √ as with protein it might be lower than that. I know you shouldn't really dip below 1,200 calories but hopefully my appetite will come with a vengeance tomorrow!

Well the good news is that I did sleep fairly well last night 🥳 my weight was 10 stone 3.5lbs today, but again treating that with caution since I wasn't feeling so well yesterday.

A quick update as I'm on my phone. I was still quite tired from feeling unwell but managed to fit in walking and my protein was high enough. I feel a lot better today and my weight this morning is 10 stone 4.5lbs 😊

Feeling so much better :D I finally fell asleep at a normal time last night which did wonders for me.

Today's goals:
2. Protein - 115g √
3. Walk √
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Combat today!
4. Calories - 1,418 √

I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow - the week has gone so quickly! I want to get some Body Pump and another cardio session in to make up for 2 unplanned rest days.

Today went well. I logged off at 5.30pm and feel so much better for it :)

Today's goals:
2. Protein - 116g √
3. Walk x2 √
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Pump today
4. Calories - 1,387 √

Today went well - my boyfriend and I batched cooked 20 different meals. I've already put them in my My Fitness Pal app so I know exactly how many calories etc are in each meal. I probably sampled some of food, so the figures below are probably a conservative number, but still happy with the progress.

Today's goals:
2. Protein - 109g √
3. Walk √
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Combat
4. Calories - 1,173 √

Today went reasonably well :) I went to go see a family member and a friend (separately) who both live in another city so it was a pretty busy day. I didn't get chance to walk the dog, but tried to make it up with exercise:

Today's goals:
2. Protein - 131g √
3. Walk ❌
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Combat and Body Step
4. Calories - 1,600ish - a little higher than I would have liked but not terrible √

Well now I have another reason to get trim - my friends have just asked me if I'd like to go abroad in the middle of March 🤯 first time wearing a bikini in about 2.5yrs...

Today was a planned rest day. I didn't feel too tired so I probably could have exercised, but I had too much to do anyway so seemed sensible.

Goals:
2. Protein - 126g √
3. Walk √
4. Les Mills Class ❌
4. Calories - 1,408 √

Was crazy busy at work yesterday. Did not get to exercise like I had hoped. New low of 10 stone 2.75lbs but taking it with a pinch of salt because I didn't feel like eating much dinner.

Today was a disaster - no exercise, way over calories and I broke dry January (drinking my second drink - a gin and tonic - as I type this). Been so stressed at work I nearly cried at my desk and I drafted a very long email to my line manager outlining the problems. My boyfriend advised me to cut it down massively and wait until I have slept on it. That's probably good advice.

I'm very glad I have this blog though to keep me accountable. I was really enjoying keeping to my goals and some of my clothes already feel looser!

Back