Let's give ourselves a break!

stivesliz

Gold Member
Reading through the posts in the last couple of days it seems to be that everybody is putting a lot of pressure on themselves at the moment!

My latest and current SW journey started in between Christmas and New year 2010 - I got my 4 stone award last September and have constantly dipped up and down but just below it ever since.

I still want to lose another stone and freely admit that I could have done it by now if I had followed the plan 100% etc etc....but sometimes life gets in the way.

We are all human, we are all allowed to have blips, we haven't let anyone or ourselves down and as long as we dust ourseloves off and get back on track ( soon or eventually ) we are all heading in the right direction.

It makes me sad to think that people are getting cross and upset with themselves for 'failing' when we should all be patting ourselves on the back for admitting it and looking ornwards and downwards.

So let's all cut ourselves a bit of slack xxx

Hear hear stivesliz. Anything to do with holiday season perchance?

I'll second that, well said! :)

Might be the panic of squeezing into summer clothes that's doing it!

LOL - One of my friends from SW put on half a pound this week and when she went home she lost the plot and her hubby nagged her all the way through her massive consumption of a white bread roll and pate!!! I just think we all get enough stick from other people without stressing ourselves out!

That's what I was thinking. Just a snack really but weird how straight thinking goes out the window when weight and weight loss is concerned. We do all need to be a bit kinder to ourselves!

I think its so so hard when your trying not to be upset, diets (even if its a new way of life and not a diet) control everything you do, i am constantly thinking about food, what I can or cant have, if I have this I have to have this with it, oh no its 9pm and I havent had my HEXA yet!!!! Its definatly a mind game, this is why I have always failed in the past and I am sadly on of those people who really wants to give up at the minute but everyday somehow I am carryin on :)

In an ideal world we would all stick to it 100%, 100% of the time but life aint like that.

Actually, in an ideal world, we would all be size 10 supermodels lol!

Oh, and I would be married to Robbie Williams and Jude Law x

I have to agree with this! Yesterday I was upset because I hadn't been to the gym in 2 weeks and hadn't lost any weight in 2 weeks because I hadn't stuck 100% to plan.

I was beating myself up about it until my boyfriend pointed out that I'd had a cold for 2 weeks, I'd had a coil put in and was in no shape to go to the gym with the combination of the 2, and I hadn't gained any weight despite having 2 full days out with family.

So actually, all things considered, I've done rather well!

It is SO important to keep things in perspective and to not let what feels like a failure (but probably isn't one) actually turn into failure by falling off the wagon. This is really a tiny blip in my overall journey.

In a years time when I'm strolling down some beach in my size 10 bikini with my belly button piercing (target treat) glinting in the Caribbean sun, I will not remember those 2 weeks in July when I didn't lose any weight!

Thanks for the perspective. It's a marathon, not a sprint :) x

I have to agree with this! Yesterday I was upset because I hadn't been to the gym in 2 weeks and hadn't lost any weight in 2 weeks because I hadn't stuck 100% to plan.

I was beating myself up about it until my boyfriend pointed out that I'd had a cold for 2 weeks, I'd had a coil put in and was in no shape to go to the gym with the combination of the 2, and I hadn't gained any weight despite having 2 full days out with family.

So actually, all things considered, I've done rather well!

It is SO important to keep things in perspective and to not let what feels like a failure (but probably isn't one) actually turn into failure by falling off the wagon. This is really a tiny blip in my overall journey.

In a years time when I'm strolling down some beach in my size 10 bikini with my belly button piercing (target treat) glinting in the Caribbean sun, I will not remember those 2 weeks in July when I didn't lose any weight!

Thanks for the perspective. It's a marathon, not a sprint :) x

Excellently put Katherine xxx

Well said!

Although I can plan for upcoming birthdays etc, there is always going to be blips - but I take the day after as a new day and cross my fingers for the best!

Well said!

Although I can plan for upcoming birthdays etc, there is always going to be blips - but I take the day after as a new day and cross my fingers for the best!

Thats exactly the right attitude - I am out for a meal next Saturday and it was pre order so I have gone for warm duck salad ( dressing is balsamic vinegar ) and sirloin steak with parmesan mash - decided to make healthyish options and just hope I am too full for the sticky toffee pudding!

The next day I will be 100%...... xxx

Back