Let's give this a try...

Day 10 (yay!)
Breakfast: Strawberry shake
Will have a lunch of vanilla shake in a few minutes, and for dinner I'll have a coconut flapjack. I think they're more biscuit than flapjack, but hey.
Tonight I'm on the night shift, usually this involves me and my coworker eating sugary snacks during breaks (my weakness is Haribo), so it'll be interesting getting through without that. Maybe I'll turn to coffee...

Day 12
I feel quite happy to have gotten beyond Day 10 :)
It's still morning and I haven't eaten yet, but felt like blogging anyway.
I tried on some dresses this morning - some looked better than ever, some I can see I've still got a long way to go before they'll look good. But it boosted my morale somewhat. Today I'm helping out with the food for Church group again - this time I'll bring my last biscuit with me (for some reason I can't think of them as flapjacks). Last night I made cake for my housemate's birthday - in a somewhat good way, she really likes marzipan while I don't, so I didn't feel too tempted when covering it with marzipan. I do enjoy baking, I'm a bit surprised it didn't bother me more that I wouldn't be eating. My other housemates went out for Chinese - given that I've never much liked Chinese food, I didn't feel left out.
Doing the night-shift was good - I felt more tired than before without the sugar to keep me awake, but I got through it okay. One of my coworkers is on a diet too (the Dukon diet, I think he said?) so we moaned together.
Still, am getting there. Am hopeful!

Hi Cuqsuita,

Just been reading through your posts. Hoping that you are doing ok, and that your housemates are now being a bit more supportive.

Have a good weekend!
xxx

Day 13
It wasn't quite as tempting to eat at Church group, which is good. That said, dinner was all junk food, rather than home-cooked. I had a dream about doughnuts (in my dream I was still on Lipotrim!), but didn't feel sad when I woke up.
Housemate 3 and Housemate 1's boyfriend ranted a little about fad diets this morning, I'm not sure if they're aware I'm Lipotrimming but decided to not join in the conversation.
Told Mum yesterday - her response was "Why?", but she didn't seem too concerned and then said that she'd been on SlimFast back in the day. You live and learn. I'm seeing her and Dad tomorrow, that'll be nice.

Day 15
Weighed in yesterday: have lost a further 4.4lb, which is good. Feeling fine - my parents said I looked healthier, and my housemate is convinced that I'm healthy and doing okay on the diet, which means the world to me.
So overall, happy!
I decided to have half strawberry shakes and half flapjacks this week, since the flapjacks are more convenient. So:

Breakfast: Strawberry shake
Lunch: Strawberry shake
Dinner: Flapjack

I did this yesterday and today, I imagine this is how I'll mostly do it. I'll be heading up north for a festival this weekend so I'll likely have more flapjacks than shakes for the sake of ease, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Also, no longer obese :D :D :D

Day 20 (yay!)
I spent the weekend at a folk dance festival in Scotland: that was such great fun! The coach journey there was 12 hours each way, I came to realise just how much I missed having a pack of crisps or sweets on the journey. It was also quite hard when my group decided to go for a pub dinner: so tempting to have some hot food... but I made it through.
I'm back now, and not missing food too much. Tomorrow's weigh-in day, hopefully things are on track. I certainly had more energy when dancing, and my skirt looked better on me :)

Day 21
Weighed-in today: have lost 3.7lb, which brings me to 179.5lb. Happy!
So far no major challenges today, which is good. In a week's time I'm going to a pizza-and-pudding sleepover with Church group, that'll be tough, but I'm certain now that I won't give in to temptation.

Hiya

You seem to be doing really good, well done! I can't believe you are going to that sleepover, I guess you can re-name it the church pizza, pudding and lipotrim sleepover :p xx

Thanks! :) I think I might end up going home in between afternoon class and the sleepover so that I miss the pizza-pudding bit.

Day 24
A week ago, I realised that my planned holiday to Italy is coming up very soon. So I think I'll end TFR in a few days' time/week's time to give me enough time to refeed and try to get used to meals before heading off. I leave on the 25th (16 days' time): if I get weighed-in on Tuesday and finish my meals by that Wednesday (I was given a week's supply when I started and began the day after, so I have an extra day's worth of food), that'll mean I start refeed on the 15th. 10 days to refeed and get used to food should be enough, yes?

In a way I'm quite sad at the idea of stopping TFR - I've had some great results - but I wouldn't be able to keep up with it on holiday. I'm unsure if I'd return to it when I get back, or if I'll stick with maintenance from then on.

So... given that I've finished eating today, I could only have 5 more days of TFR. Mixed feelings about this.

Day 26
Here's a question: how on earth do clothes sizes work? My favourite size 16 jeans are a little loose up top and make me look shapely (yay!), my other size 16 jeans are a bit too tight up top. At the moment I'm wearing a polo top that my aunt gave me second-hand, which is a size 8 - I haven't been size 8 since I was about 10, but this fits beautifully. I'm quite confused.

Day 27
...saying that, my favourite pair of jeans broke today :( In fairness they've been getting shabby for a while, and today they started ripping in not-so-great places. On the plus side, new size 16 jeans fit perfectly :)

Day 28
Weighed-in today: another 3.1lb gone, taking me down to exactly 80kg :) I prefer to think of it in stones and lb though, since in my mind it looks like I've lost more that way! So... down to 176.4lb. Result!

Spoke to the pharmacist about refeeding: I'll start the refeed on Thursday, since I still have an extra day's worth of Lipotrim stuff. This week has been a lot harder in terms of keeping to the diet, and I have had real pasta cravings, so I'm looking forward to getting back to normal food.

So... one more day of TFR, then on to refeed. I'll still likely keep up this diary while I'm refeeding and on maintenance, the support from you all has been amazing and has really inspired me to not let myself get back to my previous weight :)

Day 29
...so I've managed a month (Feb's a 29-day month) on Lipotrim TFR :)
I've prepared my fish and veg for tomorrow's lunch - since I'll be out all day and night at the Church sleepover, my plan is to have the regular flapjack for breakfast, fish and veg for lunch (am so looking forward to that!) then the maintenance caramel bar in the evening during the sleepover. I reasoned that by having things in that order, the bar would make me more full and thus less tempted by the pizza and pudding. I did consider going home in between lectures and sleepover, but then I'd only have 4 hours, and given that it's an hour's walk each way it didn't seem worth it.
I have a presentation tomorrow for my dissertation, one of my housemates suggested we order Chinese to calm me down tonight. In a way it's a good thing that I don't like Chinese food, as I was quite tempted by the thought of ordering in. Normally at this point I'd be breaking into the sweets supply - I have some stashed away that I was given as early Easter gifts - so tonight's being quite difficult. And knowing that my fish is there to be eaten is hard. But I can do this.

Day 30
Breakfast: Flapjack. I had an early appointment with disability services at university (I have Asperger Syndrome) and usually go to the cafe opposite the office after an appointment for breakfast, so it was quite tempting to walk past that.
Lunch: Fish and peas. Oh my goodness, the fish was wonderful :D Even the peas, which usually I tolerate rather than like, were really tasty. Oh my. I could rhapsodise about it.
Today is the pizza-pudding thing: currently the Church hall is full of brownies. Even though I'm allergic to chocolate, this is still really tempting. Things'll get interesting when the rest of the puddings are brought in and the pizza is ordered: unfortunately my house is an hour's walk from here and there isn't really anywhere else to go on campus other than the library, and given that it's the end of term I'm planning to give that option a miss.

Cuqsuita said:
Day 30
Breakfast: Flapjack. I had an early appointment with disability services at university (I have Asperger Syndrome) and usually go to the cafe opposite the office after an appointment for breakfast, so it was quite tempting to walk past that.
Lunch: Fish and peas. Oh my goodness, the fish was wonderful :D Even the peas, which usually I tolerate rather than like, were really tasty. Oh my. I could rhapsodise about it.
Today is the pizza-pudding thing: currently the Church hall is full of brownies. Even though I'm allergic to chocolate, this is still really tempting. Things'll get interesting when the rest of the puddings are brought in and the pizza is ordered: unfortunately my house is an hour's walk from here and there isn't really anywhere else to go on campus other than the library, and given that it's the end of term I'm planning to give that option a miss.

Good luck and stay strong x your story is really inspiring I can't wait to get where you are!!!!

You have done soo good hun, i know you can stay strong why dont you busy yourself clearing up etc do anything to keep you busy and your mind driven xx

Thanks :D I ended up distracting myself with the new maintenance bar when the pizzas arrived, it was quite tasty and the pizza seemed a little less tempting after that.

Day 31
Breakfast: Flapjack
Lunch (very late): Tuna with peas. Oh god, TUNA! I've had nothing but tuna in sandwiches since I was 5 (on occasion I'll have jam at picnics/if there's no tuna), and have missed it quite a bit. Ahhh, tuna!
I'm on the night shift again today, but I'm taking some more fish and peas with me. I'll still miss the Haribo, though, but knowing that I'm closer to my goal of eating normally has cheered me up.
Also, I somewhat-cheated by looking on my home scales this afternoon: they're electronic ones which track your weight online. Before I started LT, it asked me if I was myself or my substantially large housemate: this time it asked me if I was myself or my slimmer (admittedly taller and naturally having more muscle) housemate. So that was a nice result!

Not sure how to track the days...
Day 5 of refeed
Day 34 in total

Refeed's going quite well. I'm finding myself more hungry between meals though, which I barely felt during TFR. Maybe the meat/veg/potato isn't as filling as I'd like. Tasty, though.

Tomorrow I'm seeing the pharmacist to discuss what happens next: I'm thinking of going for the option which involves replacing 7 (or more?) meals a week with maintenance bars, since that could be most practical. We'll discuss it in more depth tomorrow, I imagine, so I'm not thinking too much on it now.

The night-shift on Friday wasn't too hard, found it easier to stay up this time. There was a tub of icing in the staff fridge which I was tempted by, but resisted that. After that, I went to my parents': I realise how much of what I ate before came from boredom and stress, since a few times I felt like I wanted a snack even though I wasn't hungry. My brother had some fruit jelly sweets at one point, I was tempted to nab one off him (our childhood consisted of us giving and taking sweets from each other). It's great that I can eat fruit now: pineapple chunks and half an apple seemed so lovely :)

Now I'm back at uni, tomorrow I'm going food shopping for the first time in ages. I'll try to be careful. Perhaps I should make a list of what I need before I head out...

Back