Let's give this a try...

I have to say (sorry if you don't appreciate this) but the incident with the cake sounds like a bit of a weak excuse to me. To succeed on this diet you will need a certain amount of desire and determination and eating cake so as not to let your friend have to A) eat cake by herself or B) go eat it with someone else doesn't sound like the reasoning of someone determined to succeed on a food-free diet.

I think you are going to need to be a little stronger in yourself and also maybe let those around you know that fact too.

Good luck all the same. :)

You're right. Thanks for that.

Day 14
Weighed-in today: have lost 4lb, but it doesn't feel good when I know that I cheated. Am resolving to do and feel better this week.
Less than 20lb until my goal - that's a good boost!

4lbs is good. Only five more of those and you will have hit you target. You could do it in even less than that if you really focus. :)

Look at the positives - 'here's what you could have won . . .' never helped anyone but 'another 4lbs? OMG . . .!' is a boost and you should be concentrating on that. Be happy, be stong and ultimately you will be slimmer.

Good luck.

Day 16
Yesterday we four housemates went out for Housemate 2's birthday - we went to the cinema where many snacks were bought and shared, then to a Lebanese restaurant where food was bought and shared among all. Not a morsel passed my lips, and I had the most fun I've had in ages! :) Hoping that after exams we can plan more trips like that.
Today is Church group, but since I'm so far behind on work I intend to give it a miss. In a way it's a shame - I haven't willingly missed a social for over 2 years - but a) I won't be tempted by food, b) I could be bad company if I'm stressed about work, and c) I see most of that crowd during the week anyway.
Right, should stop procrastinating and get back to revision. On the plus side, draft 2 of dissertation is complete!

Good idea. You only realy have the one chance for your dissertation but there will plenty of other times for 'socials'. Well done for staying stong yesterday.

Good luck with the diet & the dissertation.

What a great diary! im looking forward to reading more...and to starting one of my own when i start TFR tomorrow x

Day 16 (again)
Revision is going okay, but I'd fancy some snacks right now. I'm not wholly sure why since I'm not hungry, and I know that I'm perfectly capable of functioning well without them, and I don't even have a sugar craving. I'm not tempted per say, I think it's just a reinforced habit - work=stress=need comfort=snack. It's a bad habit, it seems more that by being on Lipotrim I'm avoiding habits rather than breaking them. Interesting.

Cuqsuita, keep up the good work!! dont be too hard on yourself if you have a slip just focus on the good things and stay positive! any loss you have is better than nothing at all, or worse still, putting more on!!
This isnt easy, im into my 4th week on tfr and although i havent had a single slip im not afraid to admit that ive come very close to it!! i just try to focus on the fact that i would rather see another lb loss when i get on the scales than have that chip or chocolate!!

Day 17

Trapped in a room in the library. If I leave this room for a cup of coffee (I dislike coffee, but could do with the caffeine boost right now) then there's a huge chance of somebody else taking over the room since the rest of the library is so cramped with revising students. I feel like I have another reason in addition to staying 100% for not snacking right now: being territorial of this room! Have had lunch, am now a bit hungry but it seems too early for dinner. Note to self: next time bring a bottle of water. I have another room booked from 5pm onwards, I might take a break in half an hour to buy a bottle of water and have some coffee.

This time last year and the year before, I'd walked to Tesco and bought a frozen pizza on library-days/nights. Bad student habits. My housemate orders a lot of takeaway food now it's exam season: I'm tempted to join him not for the food as such, but for the... well, not so much the taste, more the habit I guess. Resetting my habits is good.

It's early days yet, but I had a brief look yesterday at what to do after refeed: I'm worried I'll slip into old habits. Anyone got any advice on this?

Day 18

Tonight I went to an awards ceremony at uni - and at the end it was announced that there were scones, champagne, and strawberries and cream. Darn it. I left as soon as the ceremony ended - what was the point in hanging around when I'd be so tempted to break my Lipotrimming?
I also remembered an annual barbecue that happens around this time each year with Church group: it'll almost certainly happen during refeed week, so I might give the bulk of the barbecue a miss. Other than that I don't think I have any other meal-related-events planned for a while (post-exam meals will almost certainly happen among my coursemates, but I don't usually stay for long at those anyway). Hmm.

To be honest, I need to keep telling myself that it is worth it. There are small boosts along the way - earlier I went blouse-shopping and was caught between sizes 14 and 16, when I've been at least a 16 (more recently got up to size 20 in some shops) for the last couple of years. So that's good. And my dress for my friend's wedding this weekend looks better. Still need to go clothes shopping, but I trust I'll lose more weight in the next month so there's not so much point in getting good clothes. Charity shops are great for these :) Even if I never wear the blouse again (I had to go for size 16, but it looked a bit loose) it only cost £3, so I don't mind.

Day 19

Handed in my dissertation!!!
Usually I'd have celebrated with cake, but instead I went and bought some size 14 jeans :D I haven't fit in size 14 for about 3 or 4 years (granted these jeans muffin-top a little, but they fit on and off easily). Am pretty darn happy right now! :D

Well done Cuqsuita!! its gotta be better to buy a smaller size of jeans than a cake!! keep strong!! :clap:

:) Thanks Daisy!

Day 19 (again)

Feeling a bit bored of shakes and flapjacks, I tried one of the 'recipes' posted on another thread using the shakes. So I made the strawberry shake into a paste, microwaved it for just over a minute, and out came a nice-smelling muffin-textured shake. Tasted quite grim, which was a disappointment. Had to almost force myself to finish it, so I won't be trying that for a while!

Hi Cuqsuita, have you tried dipping the flapjacks in black tea or coffee? ive tried them this week for the first time and find them palatable but a little difficult to chew and swallow as they are so dry, but dunked in a hot drink makes them slightly softer and wetter and much tastier!!

Hmm, might give that a try later. Thanks Daisy! Someone else I know who's LT-ing said that she toasts hers, I'm not sure if I'd like to try that or not though.

ooooo, i hadnt thought of toasting it, i wonder if that softens it a bit maybe? might give it a go!!

Day 20 (yay!)

Today's going okay - looked at a friend's breakfast and thought 'hmm, tasty' but didn't want it as such - that's a good sign. Am hungry now, but tomorrow is weigh-in so I've got that to look forward to!

Back