Let's give this a try...

Day 6 refeed
Yesterday I had two apples and a banana between lunch and dinner, and felt so stuffed by evening that I managed just a tiny amount of chicken before admitting defeat and putting the rest in the fridge. I might have that for lunch now.

Day 7 refeed
Had the last strawberry shake for breakfast - I wonder if I'll miss the taste. Then had an apple and a bit of meat/lasagne thing for lunch (grilled mince in between two lasagne sheets, nothing more, tastes fairly good actually), and a cup of tea. Am feeling stuffed, hope that this reduced appetite stays with me.
One of my housemates said just now that another housemate of ours is considering trying Lipotrim - I'm still surprised, I can't picture him going for a while without takeaways and alcohol. It'd be good for him, granted, I'll ask him about it when I next see him.

Day 2 Maintenance
Weighed-in - have lost 2.4lb, bringing weight down to 152.8lb. So that's over 3 stone gone, and a BMI of 24.9 - hu-flipping-zzah! Am pretty darn happy about that right now :D
Decided to try a maintenance product before meals once or twice a day, and weigh-in every two weeks. I think the fortnightly weigh-ins will keep an eye on me and motivate me to not put the weight back on. Really really hoping so, anyway!

:D

So now I'm back on normal food - it's so much harder in a way than being on TFR, since now I need to think about what I eat and control portion size so I don't overeat and/or lack nutrients. Given that I have a problem with binge-eating anyway (part of me looks forward to it being classified as its own eating disorder), this is difficult.

I'm managing at the moment by using the MyFitnessPal app and website - by tracking my calorie intake I'm making sure that I don't go overboard, and am trying some strategies for not binging such as making myself stop as soon as I feel full, leaving a bit of food on my plate if I'm not still hungry, and not allowing myself to eat anything after 8pm. It's taking conscious effort, but I tell myself that having been on TFR, I've shown that I can have good self-control, and my eating problems have no power over me.

One day I'd like to not have to consciously tell myself this, but until then I'll remind myself of how powerful I am over my eating habits.

Hmm, with 4 days to go until weigh-in I'm not sure what my weight's doing. I'm keeping up with the jogging, so am feeling fit, on the other hand I've had a few bad days where I've over-eaten. Trying to not binge-eat, it's a lot easier now than it was before TFR since I can tell myself with more confidence that my body can live without binges. Still, maybe I should look into more support with eating habits.

It's still quite hard to not over-eat - I'm having days where I'm healthy, then days where I have unhealthy snacks or foods. Finding a balance isn't easy - I'm trying to put myself back in the mindset of 'only 3 things to eat per day' that I had during TFR, but it's harder when there's food available. Tomorrow's weigh-in, we'll see then how I'm doing.

Cuqsuita said:
It's still quite hard to not over-eat - I'm having days where I'm healthy, then days where I have unhealthy snacks or foods. Finding a balance isn't easy - I'm trying to put myself back in the mindset of 'only 3 things to eat per day' that I had during TFR, but it's harder when there's food available. Tomorrow's weigh-in, we'll see then how I'm doing.

cuqsuita, your journey has been amazing and very inspiring. Well Done x

Good luck for tomorrow

Thanks everyone :) It didn't go well - have put on over 3lb in two weeks :( Clearly my reckless times of overeating aren't being balanced by my attempts to eat healthily other days. Will try harder this week! At least the jogging means that I'm feeling fitter so I'm not letting this weight gain upset me too much.

Last night was the annual university ball: I have to say I felt that I looked much better than last year (current avatar is of me at last year's ball), so that was a real boost! When I have some time I'll put up a photo of me at this year's ball - maybe then it'll be easier to see how much weight I've lost and keep myself motivated to not put it back on.

Cuqsuita said:
Last night was the annual university ball: I have to say I felt that I looked much better than last year (current avatar is of me at last year's ball), so that was a real boost! When I have some time I'll put up a photo of me at this year's ball - maybe then it'll be easier to see how much weight I've lost and keep myself motivated to not put it back on.

I have loved reading your diary and I look forward to seeing your pics x

Camt wait to see the pics

Purple dress = University Ball 2011
Black dress and costume = University Ball 2012

ball112.jpg ball12.jpg

Looked and felt much better at this year's ball!

Wow

Thanks everyone :D
Weighed-in today, have lost 2.6lb - I've been having greater control over my eating, plus also I had my TOTM which might have accounted for a bit of the gain the previous week?
Decided to try going without maintenance products and review in two and a half weeks. Tomorrow I'm going on holiday to Spain, I can see myself being less careful with what I eat, but I'll make sure I keep control. Plus even though I don't have a bikini body (yet...?) I will be wearing my new size 12 swimsuit, so that's a boost!

Cuqsuita said:
Thanks everyone :D
Weighed-in today, have lost 2.6lb - I've been having greater control over my eating, plus also I had my TOTM which might have accounted for a bit of the gain the previous week?
Decided to try going without maintenance products and review in two and a half weeks. Tomorrow I'm going on holiday to Spain, I can see myself being less careful with what I eat, but I'll make sure I keep control. Plus even though I don't have a bikini body (yet...?) I will be wearing my new size 12 swimsuit, so that's a boost!

Well Done xx

Back