Let's hope it helps

Welcome home!!
Did you have an amazing time? Was the weather good?
3lbs is amazing after a fortnight in France - well done!!

Thanks, the weather was great (sometimes, too hot!!!) and we had a fantastic time.
I won't be posting a diary today again because I find it very difficult to get back into it. I'm trying not too go overboard but it's difficult to stick to one HEA and HEB when you've been eating bread and cheese at everymeal for 2 weeks. I'll go back into it strictly after class on Friday I think

Don't worry too much - it's always hard to get straight back into it when you've been on hols. I got back from hols Saturday lunchtime and couldn't get back into it until I got back to work (and routine) on Tuesday!

Lovely thanks, had a bit of a horrible time in work recently so was good just to get away for a week. Only went to Devon - weather was a bit rubbish but had a great time anyway.

Good luck for WI tomorrow, fingers crossed!!

Hi Kibou1 - just been having a little goosey through your diary and love some of your meals - will be stealing some I think :D

3lb gain is really not so bad after a 2 week hol - I put on 6lb :( and know exactly what you're saying about getting back into it! It has literally taken me until Tuesday to get my backside in gear and back on it! At one point I thought I never would - but it is soooo worth it!

Hope you get back on track soon and good luck with next WI x :D

Hi Katerpillar and thanks for reading and encouraging me.
Well, I went to my old class to weigh in today and I put on 4 pounds...which, given my eating and drinking in the past 3 weeks is fair. It did me a lot of good to go back to class, especially my old one (can't go there anymore as I'm working, my new Tuesday night class is fine but I don't find the other members as friendly!) and it spurred me on (I had to go to Sainsbury afterwards to buy batteries and a naughty sandwich for lunch but ended up not going and had rice, courgette and fruit instead.)
Tonight I have friends round for dinner, as a main I made chili con carne so that's no problem and the starter hasn't got that many syns (courgette cheesecake, made with yogurt and krissprolls) but the dessert I'm planning to make is going to be ladden with syns (chocolate fondant with a salted butter caramel sauce in the middle :eek:)...I'll try to stuff my face with chili so that I can't eat any dessert ;)

Saturday 04/09/10:
Right, that's it, back on plan!

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
1 slice of toast + clover light (1 syn)
half a banana

For lunch it's going to be:
a little bit of leftover chili
potato wedges
roasted butternut squash
yogurt and fruit

Dinner:

pasta + courgette + roasted tomatoes + cheese

I've managed to keep to the meals I had planned (even refusing an offer to eat out from my husband!)...
In addition to the food listed above I had:
a tsp of sour cream and a tbsp of grated cheese with the chili
2 squares of dark chocolate
a tsp of homemade salted butter caramel (on top of the chocolate squares :D)
and an extra yogurt and apple after dinner.
I don't really know how many syns I have used but I would think it's close, if not over, the 15 daily limit... No wine for me then!!!
Need to check syns online but can't remember the password even though I was told what it was yesterday in class (the worse thing is that I can actually see the piece of paper on the table near the SOTW fruit bowl but can't "read" it...bet I'll wake up in the middle of the night remembering it!!!)

OMG your chocolate fondants sounds amazing... so I totally don't blame you for cooking them for your friends!!
For syns I find doing a general google search usually brings them up

I have to say it myself, that dessert was amazing :D
I've remembered the password now so that's alright, although I haven't got round to look at the website yet!

Here's what I had on Sunday:

Breakfast:
blueberries, slice of toast + LF spread
Lunch: "Crique", which is basically grated potatoes and carrots mixed with beaten eggs and "fried" like a pancake. Yogurt, blueberries and peach.
Went to Beamish in the afternoon and had a few crisps and rather a lot of sweets (about 12 I think!). There was also a lot of blackberries on the sides of the roads so we put them into an empty sweet packet and brought them home. It was a really nice afternoon and we did a lot of walking.
In the evening I had spaghetti and brocoli (with garlic and chili fried in half a tbsp of olive oil, it made 4 servings so it'll be 0.75 syns) + parmesan and 5 cashew nuts (yes I counted them!!!)
1 glass of wine

Well, I haven't been doing very well in the last two days.
One good thing is that we're going to have to pay for our school meals again so I'll basically be bringing my own lunch (didn't resist the desserts the past two days). I've made a nice pasta salad with pasta, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms and 2/3 HEA cheese, as well as a fruit salad (strawberries, peaches, grapes). They look huge and I think I'll feel a bit self conscious about getting my massive tupperware boxes out at lunchtime (while everybody else will have a cup a soup or a small sandwich!!!)...Anyway, I know that's the best way to loose weight. I think I'll have some toast, ham, yogurt for breakfast, a ceral bar and apple for break (cereal bar from Lidl, 5 syns each, hope it'll be nice, need to buy some alpen light really).
For dinner I'll have quiche and soup or salad. I just need to keep busy from the moment I come back from work to prevent me from snacking on rubbish.

Hi hun, looks like them stopping your free school dinners might be a good thing for you! I always take my lunch to work as we don't have a canteen and although it can get a bit boring at times, it definately makes you feel as though you've made a better choice (even with the huge tupperware!!)

I really need to start bringing my own lunch to work - it's just a case of getting up half an hour earlier or even doing it the night before I know but haven't got in the habit yet!

Don't be self conscious about a salad - no matter how big! I used to get fried rice and curry for my dinner and bring it into the office - now that's embarrassing! :eek: Sounds like you are back on track now though so good luck for the rest of the week :D :D

Thanks girls,
Actually I'm really enjoying my home made lunch. The only problem is that we don't have a microwave so it's salad or sandwiches only and I hope I won't get sick of it in winter.
Anyway, there's my menus for the past 2 days:

Wednesday:

Breakfast:
2 slices warburton (HEB), tiny bit of low fat spread (1 syn), slices of ham, strawberries, 1 WW yogurt

Snack: lidl light cereal bar (5 syns)

lunch:
pasta salad with pasta, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms and 2/3 HEA cheese + 1/2 tbsp mustard mayo (2 syns)
fruit salad (strawberries, peaches, grapes)

Dinner
Quiche (bacon, mushrooms, cheese, probably more than my 1/3 left so add 3 syns), salad

Thursday:

Breakfast:
2 slices warburtons, LF spread (1 syn), ham slices, strawberries, grapes

Snack: 1 cereal bar

Lunch:
Couscous salad (couscou, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, 42g reduced fat feta - HEA) 5 olives (1 syn)
banana, apple

Snack: strawberries, 1 crumpet + philadelphia light (4+2)

Dinner:
bolognese (with carrots, celery and mushrooms), pasta, 1tsp parmesan (2 syns)
WW yogurt

I've made the same pasta salad as yesterday for tomorrow with a peach and strawberries fruit salad for dessert. However, I'm going out for an indian tomorrow night with my husband. Finally got a friend to babysit and I'm afraid we both want to make the most out of this rare occasion by...getting drunk :p
I'll try to stick to a bottle of wine though (;))with plain rice and a tomato based curry.

Yum have an amazing time at the Indian. I'm loving your homemade lunches - am going to have to start making fruit salads for work too - they're so yummy and really fill you up.

How are the lidl light cereal bars? Was looking at them yesterday but wondering if they're worth 5 syns...

Hi,
I've got the Linessa Muesli bars, hazelnut and almonds and they're very nice. Not too sweet but filling (it says there's no added sugar on the box).

Well didn't do too bad yesterday at the restaurant: I had a king prawn tomato based curry, which didn't seem too oily, boiled rice and half a chapati...and water to drink but that's just because I'd indulged in two cocktails on an empty stomach beforehand and was feeling a bit drunk already. Then I had a diet coke and finally some vodka shots from Revolution (although I wouldn't recommend them: I'm sure they use the same flavouring in medication...the lime and lemon shot was like drinking cold lemsip!)...
Anyway, I'm starting afresh today:

Breakfast:
raspberries and strawberries
1 slice of toast (HEB) + philadelphia light
cooked chicken

snack: a banana

Lunch will probably be a jacket potato while I'm out or savoury rice or noodles if I'm at home.

For dinner I'm going to make the beef cobbler and dumplings from the little booklet that was with the last magazine.

And now for the best news of all: I'm an auntie since this morning. My brother and his girlfriend had a little boy. Can't wait to see his little face, although I'll have to wait until I go back to France in october since they are in France! Thank God for webcams in the meantime!

I ended up staying home for lunch, I went out later and didn't have time to cook the stew on time...so here's the new menu for today:

Breakfast:
raspberries and strawberries
1 slice of toast (HEB) + philadelphia light (1 syn)
cooked chicken

snack: a banana

Lunch:
Low fat supernoodles
cooked chicken + gherkins
strawberries + raspberries
peach
LF mayo (1 syn)

Dinner:
Chicken (again!)
rice + peas
corn on the cob
SW chips
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn)
10g LF spread (2 syns?)

I'm drinking homemade shandy with diet lemonade, I'll probably finish a bottle of budweiser (6 syns) and I think I'm going to have some more strawberries and raspberries with a little squirty cream (3 syns)

TOTAL: 14 syns

Back