Let's hope it helps

I'm a school teacher so I'm off work next week but I won't be going away until the 15th August. We'll be going to France to see my parents and the rest of my family and friends. I would like to lose some more weight by then. Half fishy week should help...especially if the weather is nice as I can walk to a nice fishmonger by the seaside.

Might be good for you being off - no tempting school canteen tasties!!
Wow bet you can't wait until you go to France - will be brill if your family notice the difference... might encourage you to stay away from all the delicious French food.

Are you from France originally?x

Yes I am French, I've been in this country 12 years now. I always find it difficult to resist the food (and drink) when I'm back home...My mum and grandmother came over last weekend and I gave my mum a bottle of frylight to bring back so that I'm not tempted by the lovely veg from the garden that my mother usually fry in butter :p. We always eat loads of veg and fruit in the summer because my parents have a massive garden but it's the way they are prepared that can cause a problem...that and the nice bread and cheese :p

Ah I'm sure you'll be fine. If your mum knows you're trying to lose weight I'm sure she'll do everything she can to help... even if it means ditching the butter for a few days! Sounds lovely though, bet you can't wait

Sunday 25/07/10

Breakfast:
wholemeal roll + 1 extra light laughing cow + ham slices (HEB + 1 syn)

Lunch:
Carvery:
Pork + turkey
brocoli, carrots, peas, boiled potatoes
half a yorkshire pudding
1tbsp mustard
(about 6 syns for the yorkshire pudding and the fat it was cooked in)

Snack:
1 scoop reduced fat ice cream (4.5 syns)

Dinner:
Couscous
Courgette, tomatoes
28g goat's cheese (HEA)
mullerlight
satsumas
apricot

TOTAL: 11.5 syns

I'll be trying to eat more fish next week:
I'll be in town for lunch tomorrow so will go for sushi and I'll buy a piece of fish for Tuesday. Wednesday I'll be out for lunch at the Toby Carvery with a friend so I'll see what I can get but the rest of the week I should have no problem eating fish.
I have weigh in on Tuesday so really the benefit will probably only show next week.

Yum your carvery sounds delish, hope you enjoyed it.
Good luck on your fishy week next week x

Oh yes I enjoyed it, was out with friends as well so it was even better...I have to admit I am not a great fan of Sunday dinner (meat and veg seem a bit plain to me...might be the French girl in me wanting to add butter and cheese on them!!!) but it's a great way to eat a healthy and fairly SW friendly meal.
How was your weekend Sarah?

Really good thanks, it's always over so quickly though!!
Had a lovely day Saturday out walking with DH's family, then yesterday was a kinda lazy day but did get back on my Wii fit. Was on there about 1.5hours messing around. Wii Fit piggy clocked up 35mins of actual activity. Was great fun, definately want to start using it more regularly, daily if I can, mainly working on the yoga stretching excersises to build my posture.
Just need to get into the routine...

Do you do any excersise? I don't do anything at the moment, which is why I wanted to get cracking with this!

Well done for today's exercise. I think the trick is to keep moving, even if it's not always proper exercise.
When I was still on maternity leave I got an exercise referral and I was going to the gym twice a week and going to "mums on the move" (mums with babies in pushchairs going for a walk with an instructor + doing various exercises as they go along). In 15 weeks I had lost 7 kilos and 13 inches but then it stopped and I would have had to pay full price for the gym...I couldn't afford it so I stopped going. Then I started work again so I couldn't do the walks.
I'm going swimming tomorrow morning (baby has one day left at childminder so I make the most of it!) and I'm going to walk more during the holidays and use the exercise bike that's gathering dust in our spare bedroom too!

I know what you mean about gyms - they are so expensive, especially if you don't use them as often as you'd like. Swimming will be good too - they say it's one of the best exercises to do - I'm too self conscious to go swimming at the mo, perhaps when I've lost another stone or two!

Monday 26/07/10:

Breakfast:
Wholemeal bun + scrap of philadelphia + ham (0.5 syns)
yogurt

Lunch:
sushi (from M&S, 4.5 syns I think but can't remember this week's password to check online)
small tub of prawns (I avoided the marie rose sauce it came with except for the last prawn: 0.5 syn)
2 satsumas
2 apricots

Snack:
2 krissprolls + scrap of philadelphia + ham (5 syns)

Dinner:
Gammon in cheese sauce from Asda (again, think it's 2.5 syns but can't check)
peas
6 oven chips (2 syns? or I'm deluding myself?)
raspberries + blueberries

TOTAL: 15 syns

Sorry to hear about your gain. Hopefully your fishy lunches will help kick-start your losses again ((big hugs))

This week I'm trying to eat more fish, at least for lunch since my husband hates the sight and smell of it. So far I had a lot of crab sticks, some tuna and some sushi. Today I have been to the local fishmonger and I bought some crab, some haddock and some lemon sole...enough for today and tomorrow's lunch and some snack. I also bought some samphire...never tried before but it looks nice...just need to check that it is free now!

Good luck on your fishy days. I'm pretty sure samphire is free, I've never cooked it myself before though - do you steam it? I've had it in restaurants before though and love it - it's delish.

Hi I chucked the samphire in the boiling water used for the brocoli. Only a minute mind. It was great and really complemented the haddock. I had rice, brocoli and peas too and my 1 year old daughter enjoyed it too!

Thursday 29/07/10

breakfast:
2 slices bread, scrap of philadelphia, ham slices (HEB + 1 syn)
1/2 pear (was disgusting!)

lunch:
haddock + rice + samphire + brocoli + pea
28g blue cheese sprinkled on top (HEA)
2 peaches

snack:
2 babybel (4 syns)
mullerlight

Dinner:
boiled new potatoes + cherry tomatoes + 1 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn)
(I know a bit of a weird dinner but we're going away tomorrow and we don't have much left apart from rice and veg leftover from lunch that I want to keep for tomorrow)
1 skinny cow ice cream (4.5 syns)
Mullerlight
2 apricots

TOTAL: 10.5 syns

Tomorrow afternoon we're off until Sunday to Edinburgh to visit my sister-in-law. On Monday night, it's our wedding anniversary and we're going to the restaurant. Tuesday night I'm meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in ages and she wants to try a new Indian restaurant. I really hope I'll be capable of making the right choices...I don't want another gain.

Have an amazing time in Edinburgh. It's a beautiful city - one of my favourites I think, where are you staying - with your sis-in-law or in a hotel.

Don't worry too much food-wise - the important thing is you have a good time, try to stick to plan as much as you can but don't let it stop you enjoying yourself.

Happy Anniversary too!!

Back