Let's hope it helps

Thanks,
We're staying with my sister-in-law. Her and her boyfriend have a flat 15 min away from the city centre. I love Edinburgh too, we always have a great time there...and always eat loads (they're real foodies and always bring us to the best restaurants!).
On Friday night we're going to have antipasti and I know there'll be loads of roasted vegetables (I'll make sure there isn't too much oil, my baby daughter is going to eat some so she'll be a great excuse!) and she's planning on doing a chili on Saturday night, which will be fine (she's going to cook it from scratch so it should only be the oil to syn...and the wine that'll go with it ;-))...

You sound like you're going to have an amazing time... I'm so jealous!! The food sounds lovely too.
Are you doing any touristy sight-seeing while you're there?

Well I'm back from a great weekend in Edinburgh...although maybe not great syn wise.
On the Friday night I had roasted veg, a bit of cheese, some salmon pate (not SW friendly!), plenty of ham slices and 1 slice of bread. So not too bad so far but with that I had 3 glasses of wine and for dessert a chocolate tiffin (didn't know what it was but basically, biscuit base, caramel and chocolate and 10 million syns!). :eek:
Friday morning I had Spanish toast, extra tomatoes and a fried egg (but they don't have fry light so done in oil). We walked loads in the morning (and mostly uphill!!!), walking around the royal mile and then going to "Our dynamic Earth". In between we stopped at an amazing Kurdish restaurant. The food was fantastic!!! (Falafel, kebabs, rice, houmous, stuffed vine leaves, turkish delight, baklavas... 2 hour lunch!!! :D)
In the evening we had home made chili, made with no more than a tbsp of oil I would think so not bad but then again the wine that went with it was the problem (didn't seem to be able to say no this weekend ;-)) And my size 8 sister-in-law who stuffs her face all the time had bought some chocolates and obviously I couldn't say no! (had 4)
Breakfast this morning was just toast.
At lunch we stopped at a restaurant in Leith and everybody had lovely, massive burgers...I chose pasta with spinach and ricotta and it was awful...it had loads of onion (which I don't like and spend 15 min picking off) and a lake of oil at the bottom of the bowl :cry:...I really don't mind fat in food (I think it does make the food taste better in most case, hence the need to lose weight ;-)) but I really couldn't eat it...I was so disappointed that I had 2 mouthfull and left the rest...
But obviously I was starving so we stopped off at Asda on the way back home and I bought a sandwich and a little packet of chocolate fingers.
Anyway, back home now.
For dinner tonight I had green beans, roast potatoes and 2 satsumas.
Going shopping tomorrow and I'm going to try to have plenty of speed foods for lunch as I'll be out for dinner again tomorrow night and weigh in is Tuesday.

I just had to say well done for getting back on plan and being aware of what you have eaten. I know when i have been off plan i find it really hard to admit and realise what have eaten but you have so well done.

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend!!
Don't feel bad about what you ate (and drank!), like you said you did loads of walking so that probably counteracted some of the syns...

The important thing is you had a good time!!
I went to Our Dynamic Earth a couple of years ago when me and DH went to Edinburgh for a weekend - really enjoyed it. There was a wedding there too when we went - odd location I thought but it was lovely - very traditional with kilts and bagpipes!!

Yes it was a great weekend and yesterday evening was lovely too. Made good choices at restaurant too, well, didn't choose the pizza and had no dessert ;-). However, my husband had bought a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolate and we obviously had to drink it all (definitely can't keep it for the next day!) and scoff the choccies!!!
Weigh in today and I put on 2 pounds. I know it's the weekend and yesterday but I'm getting sick of putting on weight everytime I have a meal out...especially as I ate more or less the same as my husband and he hasn't put on anything!
On the good side went to the doctor this morning and was telling her about my weight loss troubles and she pointed out that I had lost 8 kilos since the last time she weighed me (in september 2009) so I guess I need to keep at it, I'm just taking the scenic route!

Menus planned for the next 3 days:
(trying to use more Quorn and fish + keeping HEB for snack)

Wednesday (EE):
B: scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes, ketchup (1syn)
L: Pasta + bolognese + parmesan (HEA)+ yog + fruit
S: wholemeal bun + ham + 1EL laughing cow (1syn)+ fruit
D: Chicken curry + rice + extra veg + fruit mousse (2 syns)

Thursday (EE):
B: mushroom and cheese omelette + Quorn sausages + ketchup (1syn)
L: fish kebabs (2syns) + rice + courgettes + peas + 28g ELphiladelphia (2 syns)
S: half syn roulade (1/2)
D: Quorn burgers + potato wedges + corn on the cob(LF spread 1 syn)+ mayo(1 syn)

Friday (Green):
B: fried egg + Quorn sausages + tomatoes + ketchup (1syn)
L: SW quiche (cheese HEA)+ salad+ yog + fruit
S: 2sl bread (HEB)+ 2tsp lemon curd (1syn)+ fruit
D: chili con carne (HEB)+ rice+ cheese (HEA) + 1/4 avocado (3.5 syns) + 1/2 syn roulade

Sorry to hear about your loss - don't be too disheartened, just try and get right back onto plan and hopefully you'll be rewarded for it next week - especially after trying to shake it up a bit with fish and Quorn.

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the restaurant and I'm sure you totally deserved to be spoilt with the bubbly and choccies!!

Right, I'm just going to copy and paste what I had planned and see how it went...I actually think I did really well!

Wednesday (EE):
B: scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes, ketchup (1syn) + 1/3 crumpet with cheese from my daughter (2 syns)
L: Pasta + bolognese + peas + parmesan (HEA)+ yog + fruit raspberries + blackberries
S: wholemeal bun + ham + 1EL laughing cow (1syn)+ fruit peach
D: Chicken curry + rice + extra veg + peas
Didn't have the fruit mousse as it wasn't nice. A member in class said he was just mixing the powder of one sugar free jelly sachet with a mullerlight and some fruit and that it made a fruit mousse....Well, it didn't in my case and it just had a weird taste!!!
Just had half a melon instead and going to calculate my syns to see if I can have a skinny cow ice cream....

What? :eek:? I've used only 4 syns today? And I've never even felt hungry or craved anything :D
Well I shall have a skinny cow ice cream then :D

TOTAL: 8.5 syns

Well done on sticking to plan!! Which skinny cow ice cream did you have? I've tried the choc mint and thought it was horrid :eek:

I've made a mousse before (recipe on here somewhere) by mixing the jelly up with half water, then when cooler but not set mixing in a Muller... went kinda blamounge-like. I wasn't a huge fan but hubby loved it!

Mmmm... crumpets - that's got to be one food which I really miss :drool:

Lol I had the mint skinny cow!!! I quite like them but I remember a toffee one from a few years ago that was my absolute favourite...although these days I can only find the mint one and the chocolate one.

Thursday (EE):
B: [STRIKE]mushroom and cheese omelette[/STRIKE]had a fried egg instead and mushrooms on the side+ Quorn sausages + ketchup (1syn) + peach
L: fish kebabs (2syns) [STRIKE]+ rice + courgettes + peas + 28g ELphiladelphia (2 syns)[/STRIKE]Had the kebab with noodles and peas + 4 melba toast (2 syns)+ scrap of LFspread (1syn)+ 3 babybel light (HEA)
S: half syn roulade (1/2)
D: Quorn burgers in a bun (HEB) + potato wedges + corn on the cob(LF spread 1 syn)+ mayo(1 syn)
My husband was out for a meal with work so I had a double Quorn burger...Completely stuffed now!!!

TOTAL: 6.5 syns

Well, yesterday didn't go exactly as planned:

Friday [STRIKE](Green):[/STRIKE]EE
B: [STRIKE]fried egg + Quorn sausages + tomatoes + ketchup (1syn[/STRIKE])Had a quorn sausage sandwich instead (HEB, 1 syn for ketchup)
L: SW quiche (cheese HEA)+ salad+ yog + fruit
S: 2sl bread 6 syns + LF spread (3 syns)D: chili con carne (HEB)+ rice+ cheese ([STRIKE]HEA[/STRIKE]6 syns) + 1/4 avocado (3.5 syns) + 1/2 syn roulade
+ 2 glasses of wine (13 syns)

TOTAL: 32.5 :eek:

So far today I've had:

Breakfast:
fried egg and bacon sandwich (HEB + ketchup: 1 syn)

Lunch:
Savoury rice and mushrooms
melon + peach + mullerlight

Dinner:
Will be chili con carne again (so cheese = HEA)

Ok, I didn't do very well today...but I had a great day! This morning, we took our daughter to a soft play and she loved it! Then we did some shopping, I bought some cropped trousers and we bought Eliza a play pen. Then we went for lunch in a great pub...and that's when the food optimising bit of my day didn't go as planned :(

Breakfast:
Peach, blueberries, wholemeal bun (HEB)+ ham + tiny bit of mustard + gherkins.

Lunch:
the menu said: flatbread with cherry tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, courgettes, olives and mozzarella.
I thought it would be a kind of salad with all these veg and some kind of bread on the side but it was basically a homemade pizza with all the veg on...Delicious though!
Then I shared a chocolate brownie with ice cream with my husband. :break_diet:

After that the food devil took over my brain:
I really craved something sweet so I made some polenta blueberry muffins
(polenta, yogurt, sweetener, eggs and blueberries) and had 3 (put about 60g of blueberries so 2 syns and 0.5 for the baking powder)

An hour later we had dinner and I had:
boiled potatoes + cottage cheese + salad (lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms)...To be honest it wasn't very nice and I didn't feel very satisfied.
So after dinner I had:
1/4 of a melon
6 melba toast (3 syns)+ LF spread (3 syns?)
3 slices of parma ham (1.5 syn)
blue cheese (probably about 5-6 syns)
1 slices of toast + spread (4 syns)
and 2 packets of French fries (8 syns)
:eek:

I'm not even going to count the syns for today...lunch only is probably a week's worth :(

But here's my plan of action for tomorrow:
B: scrambled eggs + mushrooms (1 syn for ketchup)
L: Quorn burger + salad(HEB for bun + 1 syn for mayo + 0.5 syn for burger -frozen one)
+ roast potatoes + peas probably
D: chicken curry + rice
Snacks: 2 polenta muffin left (1 syn) + fruit + yogurt

Sounds like you had a lovely day, I did the same on Saturday, it's hard to stick to plan when you're out for food (as I learnt twice last week!!)
As long as you had a good time, and are straight back onto plan today - that's the main thing!! x

Monday 09/08/10:

B: fried egg + mushrooms + bacon (1 syn for ketchup)
L: Quorn burger + salad(HEB for bun + 1 syn for mayo + 0.5 syn for burger -frozen one)+ cheese (HEA)
+ roast potatoes
2 peaches
D: chicken + roast potatoes + roasted butternut squash + mayo (1 syn)
WW chocolate dessert (90 calories per pot so I assume it's 4.5 syns, will check later on though)
Snacks: 2 polenta muffin left (1 syn)
melon
5 melba toasts (2.5 syns) + 1 EL laughing cow (1 syn) + 1 slice of parma ham (0.5 syn)

TOTAL: 13 syns

I lost 2 pounds this week :). Quite happy but it also shows that I could have lost a lot more if I hadn't messed up this weekend. Oh well, I suppose I'll always have meals out and evening downing wine, it's just life :p

Anyway, here's today's menu:

B: 2 slices toast, philadelphia light (HEB, 2 syns)

L: Ebly + mushrooms + courgette (home grown :D) + bacon + cheese (HEA, although didn't weigh it so might be a bit over)
melon

Snack: 1 hifi bar (6 syns)

D: My husband had bought soup: Glorious, Indian chicken soup...it was delicious, especially with a nice chunky slice of carrot and pumkin bread...but the syns are not so good: didn't find this particular soup on the website but similar ones are about 15-16 syns so about 8 syns for half the tub and the same for the bread + philadelphia.

TOTAL: 24 syns ( I know I shouldn't have a weighing day treat but can't seem to help myself :()

Wow well done on your 2lb loss - that's fab!!

Hello everyone!
I'm back from a fabulous two weeks in France.
I normally go to class on Tuesdays but asked my consultant if I could go to the Friday class instead. I just got back late last night and would quite like a few days to get back into a normal routine and a normal diet. Even though it might not be accurate I had a quick look at the scales this morning and it looks like I have put on 3 pounds...not too bad considering what I ate in the past two weeks.

Back