Lets introduce outselves.

It hasn't changed Lol!!!!
I live in Andover now, moved around a lot too, but in this country as a Nanny before taking a serious change in career! Lol
Im originally from South Wales and Im still very proud of my heritage! Lol - particularly when we win the Rugby!

Hey guys... My real name is Cindy, I'm 43 and have lived in the UK since 1988 (I'm American by birth). I have no kids but have always had lots of animals - sometimes rescues, I hand reared birds, and have a passion for tropical fish. My house bunny is my super special companion, I just adore him. I also play guitar and sing in a rock band! I work in a medium secure forensic mental hospital! Never a dull moment!

hi am clair, 33years old and live in shropshire,
i have 3 children aged 10,8,7
they keep me very busy and still of school today with pd day,
i work as a childcare manager, which i really enjoy doing,
i am hopping to marry 2010 (for the second time) to my other half,
cant wait:).

Ok, I'm Karen and am 46. I live in beautiful North Wales with my 2 kids who are 23 and 21. I moved here just over a year ago after suddenly losing my husband and felt I wanted a complete change. I did give up work but have now returned 3 days a week and I am a Customer Service Manager, which for the most part I love.
I have been overweight as long as I can remember, but am at a time in my life where due to circumstance I feel I should be getting out and about and felt my weight stopped me doing that. My plan is to lose 6 stone hopefully this year, and SW is my chosen route.

Good idea!

I'm Jo, I'm 32 and live in Newcastle, I have a 3 and half year old son who is just fabulous and am getting married in 13 weeks time in Italy, all very exciting!:D

I am very hungover today as have been on my Hen doo to Barcelona this weekend and have consumed far too much alcohol :sign0137: however still managed to stick 'on plan' with food so thats all good... roll on tomorrow when I will hopefully be feeling human again!:)

Jo x

Hello everyone! Well my name's Rachel - I'm 28, living in Hemel in Herts. I decided to start SW as the weight was creeping on since I got an office job in 2005, before that I was running about like a headless chicken working in hotels in ski resorts in France so had no time to pig out!

Anyway more about me, I live with my boyfriend of 4 years- he's lucky - he NEVER puts on weight! Grrrr!

We love going to gigs, pubs, and all things related to that, he's from Leicester so we're often going up the M1 to send friends and relatives etc.

I am a PA at the moment, which I can't say I enjoy that much, but I'm just doing it whilst I study for something I am actually interested in: I'm doing an Open Uni course in Social Welfare and Crime Control. I would love to work in the prison service or work in a job that involves rehabilitating offenders; I want to make a difference with my life!

I'm also training to be a volunteer in order to 'mentor' people on probation so that would involve helping them write CV's, helping them understand benefits etc - generally helping them to get back on their feet because everyone deserves a second chance - I believe so anyway!

One day I'd love to go and work abroad again and see where that takes me... I've got a close friend emigrating to NZ in the summer and it's really made me think about doing something similar.

I've really enjoyed reading about everyone, I'm SO nosey!

Last edited:
What a brilliant Thread!!

My name is Tracy.. not Tracee as I use on here, but unfortunately someone had already taken the "Tracy" LOL. I'm 45 and live in Kent with my fantastic hubby and gorgeous 11 year old son.. both are my world!! I'm an ICT tutor and teach in a Further Education college.. the age range of 16-19s, I love it!!

I chose SW because I want to wear a sexy strappy dress instead of jeans, trousers and suits.. and I never want to say "Does my bum look big in this" ever again!! :giggle:

Hi, I'm Poly, I'm 54 and I come from Devon, I live with my husband, kids are in their early 30's and have left home, I have been trying to lose weight for 30 years and at last I am getting there.

I'm Beth, I turn 42 next month, have a daughter of 26 who's still at home (kids don't seem to leave home these days, have you noticed?). I live near Oxford, but am originally from Greenock (hello to any fellow Scots on the board!), and I work in my local Julian Graves store. I've been Food Optimising for just over 3 months now and it has changed my life. :cool:

what a great idea! :)

well my name is heather, im 21, i live in sunny north wales...well hasnt been so sunny today!:( i lived all over the uk,imy family moved around alot when i was younger.
i have been with my hubby to be for over 4 years:D we got engaged last nov in south africa....he is south african,we went over to visit family and holiday!:)

i have 2 dogs a german shepherd called kia (6) a chihuahua called tiger (2) and a cat called sammy (7)
i compete in obedience with BOTH of my dogs.....yes the chihuahua does too! :D:D:D
i also do working trails with my kia and agility with tiger:D

i love just about everything to do with dogs! ive worked with them since i was 14,my life wouldnt be whole without them.
ive just got a new job working as an ass manager for a party shop,i also work part time in a rescue kennels:)

i started SW as a last resort....ive tryed most diets an none have ever worked for me.the last diet i did was lipotrim and i got very ill on it.i have a lot of weight to lose but i WILL lose it! my target is to lose half a stone a month. i didnt want to set my target to high because after all life is for living!:p:D:D it may take me longer to lose all the weight i want to,but i least im enjoying the whole process!:D

its great to hear about everyone else!:)

Hey, Im Vicky Im 25 and from York. I live with my other half, Vince 33, choccy lab whos called Bertie and Cyril our house guinea pig. I got engaged last year although we have no immediate plans to marry just yet (as other half has been married before!!!) Im an infant school teacher and love my job beyond words. I went to Uni in Manchester which was both a very exciting and scary time. Ive always been fat, and am finally doing something about it!! x

Hi everyone, I'm Faye, 25 and from the Wirral. I have 2 children - daughter will be 6 next week and son nearly 4. I work full time as a Civil Servant and I am currently studying for a law degree with the OU. My hobby is horses, I have one elderly mare who I have had since I was younger and I am hoping one day when life isnt quite so busy to get another as my mare is now retired.

x x x

Ooooh... lovely thread... again, I like to be nosey!

My name is Emma, I am 23, and live in Somerset.
I live with my partner of 7 years, Barry, who has lost over a stone doing SW just on evening meals! Sod!
I am trained as a teacher, and am currently completing my NQT year in a Catholic School, teaching year 1, which I love!
I have gradually put on more and more weight since I was 16 ish, but mainly it came on while I was at uni, and so have joined slimming world.
I am hoping to lose 4-5 stone all in all (haven't set final target yet) and I would like to be at target in one year. :)

Hi, I'm Katherine - I'm a teacher too, although at secondary level. I teach English and PSHE (sex, drugs, careers etc). I spend most of my day cajoling stroppy 15 year olds into actually putting their pens to paper! I have to say that I don't enjoy it as much as i used to....think my life is too busy to find enough time for the students sometimes, which is a shame.

I have two children, Jacob (aged 4) and Anna (aged 2). Both Divine and constant sources of sunshine. My husband is called James, we've been married 7 years, and together for 12. I adore him, and feel blessed to have met someone who is my everything.

My favourite things are laughter, friends and lager...plus winter sunshine, lazy days (not that there are many of them!), my parents and "Mummy and Daddy days" with my kids.

I want to lose 2 stone....and I want to stop feeling slightly ashamed of myself....

I love Minimins!

so its proven, teachers and TAs are overweight lol! x

Ok, right im joanna and i live in cambridgeshire. been doing slimming world about 6months on and off as stopped going over xmas (BIG MISTAKE) i live with my partner of two years, i have no kids yet and no pets but am hopeing to get a new puppie in the near future.
I'm not working but am doing courses in math, english and i.t.

so its proven, teachers and TAs are overweight lol! x

Lol... it seems that way!
My TA is doing weight watchers too, lol, and the 2 teachers I work closely with are both at target but still go to SW and WW!
I still blame uni though! hehe!

Hello,
I'm Kerry! I am 32 and live in Staffordshire with my huband and two pooches; Lola and Minnie!
Am currently on SW after trying CD a few times and failing :( Am on this journey for the final time hopefully. We hope to have fertility treatment later this year so fingers crossed losing weight will help with that too!
Lovely to read about everyone :) xxx

Hi

My names Kerry. I live in Fife, Scotland. I'm a 26 year old single mother to my fabulous 9 year old daughter whom makes me feel older everyday by asking me questions like, "Did you have electric when you were little?" :rolleyes:

I'm a legal accountant (very boring!!) and I'm starting uni in September...cannot wait. I'm really enjoying the Slimming World diet, but my shopping bills have gone through the roof. I think it's mainly due to the fact that I have six red days and only one green.

Well that's me. Nice to meet you all.

Hello all,

Great thread! I'm Vici, I'm 26, and currently living in London (though originally from the South West).

I have spent the past two years working in the Sales and Marketing Department of a chain of international language schools with our HO in London. Sometimes love the job, other times not so much...! Travel abroad a lot, which is hard work but always fascinating - plays havoc with my eating patterns though! ;-)

Have been following SW for 4 weeks now and LOVING it! Just got my first half stone award tonight, so feeling really positive and motivated!

Anyway, enough about me. Good to 'meet' you all and look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Vici

Last edited:
Back