Lets Talk Alcohol

joannelut

I now its a nono, but Xmas is coming, I have a few parties to go to.

I have made some excellent food choices when planning the meals, but I really would like to partake in a glass of wine or 2.

What is everyones views on this, will it wreck the good work I have already done.

Thanks

Joanne x

Well you want to avoid alcohol in first two weeks of induction to get yourself going and get rid of all those cravings. After that dr atkins said a glass of wine or so in moderation would not be a problem.

To keep carbs down you need dry red and white wine or spirits with sugar free mixers - avoid champagne, cocktails etc. But be careful - typically alcohol effects you more, makes you hungry, reduces your will power, and stalls you!

Recommend you eat a good snack with plenty of fat and protein before you go and limit yourself to a couple of glasses only (do as i say not as i do :) )

Good luck

If you get white wine you could try having spritzers with sparkly water to pad out the wine? (I think tonic has sugars in it)

Thanks for that. The choice is dry white wine with diet lemonade and vodka and diet coke

I'm a happy person now

Joanne

I plan to get smashed on brandy (0g carbs apparently) and pepsi max to numb the feeling of failure after feeling unstoppable in April :( Especially with everyone fawning over my cousin's accomplishments.

I try to mix spirits with soda water... Not as tasty as diet coke/Pepsi ... And you're not a failure J2! :)

No..let's not talk alcohol. Never again.. Groan;)

Hi James. ((hugs)). Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Come back and post with us - everyone struggles and we're here to support you when you need us
Xxxx

Back