Let's try this again

Glad you are feeling so determined, bring on those 17s xx

Hey guys, I'd say you're probably wondering why I'm still even posting haha. Well almost all of last week I kept up my "3 packs a day and a bad low carb meal"
Total waste of shakes as I wasn't even following the diet correctly BUT the old me would have just thrown in the towel and piled back on all the weight I had actually lost, genuinely it would have led to a massive week plus long binge.
Although I wasn't following the diet properly, I really felt a lot more in control than ever before and I think that's down to no sugar/low carb.

I was supposed to go for a meal and drinks out with all the girls last night but had said no ages ago because of the diet, then I was thinking yesterday afternoon, I'm not even following it correctly anyway and I'm going to forgo my one bit of social life probably to eat a fatty low carb meal anyway! It doesn't make any sense. Then I was thinking of Jewel (Hi Jewel!) Able to enjoy her night but regain control the next day! When I'm not even really gaining control any of the time!
So I rang the girls and said I'd go and.when I was finding clothes to wear I really noticed a little difference in myself. My black jeans that were usually so tight it was uncomfortable to sit down, fit me lovely. I had the meal and desert my God we're honestly not missing anything, I did enjoy the few drinks but the food tasted so over sweet and I really didn't enjoy it.

So that was my little Christmas night and quite honestly I'm glad I had it, it's put me off the idea of food now (I'd built everything up to be so yummy when really it's just sugar filled crap!) I'm still at 19st 3lbs (well I was before my night out, not checking now) I started at 20st 5lbs and I WILL see those 18s on Christmas day. That's my gift to myself.

No messing between now and then. Four packs a day. Not quite sure what to do Christmas day itself, I might have a little bit of meat and veg. I'm not really too fussed it's not going to be a very formal affair so it's really not a big deal!

Fair play to anyone actually still reading, I know you're probably rolling your eyes at this stage! :D

Your way is definitely better than mine, cheating in any way is such a slippery slope. I'm usually such an all or nothing person, I'd follow something to the letter for a week or two then completely abandon it and claim it's just "not the right plan for me"
I'm surprised I'm still here to be honest and still feeling determined (though I am embarrassed admitting that as I've had sooo many slips!)

Thanks so much for your support!!

Hiya Happy Bunny, I'm so glad you went on your night out, I really don't think a couple of lbs loss is worth missing a social life at this time of year (in my opinion). You sound very determined, you had a taste of a normal meal out and it wasn't all that so that will put you in a good mindset too. Welcome back lovely, here for you when it gets tough and beyond xx

Hi

just thought i would pop by and subscribe, when i read your first post it was literally like reading my own thoughts!!! and then even down to your last post where you say your an all or nothing type of person!!! that's me too!!! never can i have one crisp i have the whole family size bag!!

i have loved reading your diary! such a real diary and sort of no fibs!!! AMAZING on the 16lbs though i cannot believe that's your first week's loss.

I have tried and failed at this diet many many MANY times before. But now i am even heavier than last year so i have decided that now is definitely my time to shine at this.

Looking for buddies for when the times get tough! im looking to start on 27th December, i am going to place an order this week. i have some bits left over from last time but need more to excite and motivate me!!

anyway i hope your all good today :) xxx

Jewel you're a little star :thumbup:
always popping in with support even though I should probably be shunned by now :p

Hi Emma thanks so much for the lovely message!! I've started diaries before and abandoned them when things got bad, cos it does get embarrassed saying "This is IT I feel so motivated I know this is the time for me" to "Oh well bit of slip oops but I've learnt from it and won't do it again, not worth it etc etc" "I'm not sure I agree with vlcds anymore, I'm off to Slimming World, weight watchers etc"

This time I'm sticking with this diary even at it's worst because I really want to be able to look back, like when I read my first post I remember clearly how I felt. It's so easy to skip over the harsh reality. I feel way better than I did in that post and I'm not even that much down, imagine how I'll feel in another stone from now etc! Whatever the time frame (though I will attempt to keep my ridiculousness under wraps!)

I'll definitely be your buddy when you start, I was the same I had some left over and it just didn't feel like a fresh start /proper commitment until I got my new batch!

Jewel you're a little star :thumbup:
always popping in with support even though I should probably be shunned by now :p

Hi Emma thanks so much for the lovely message!! I've started diaries before and abandoned them when things got bad, cos it does get embarrassed saying "This is IT I feel so motivated I know this is the time for me" to "Oh well bit of slip oops but I've learnt from it and won't do it again, not worth it etc etc" "I'm not sure I agree with vlcds anymore, I'm off to Slimming World, weight watchers etc"

This time I'm sticking with this diary even at it's worst because I really want to be able to look back, like when I read my first post I remember clearly how I felt. It's so easy to skip over the harsh reality. I feel way better than I did in that post and I'm not even that much down, imagine how I'll feel in another stone from now etc! Whatever the time frame (though I will attempt to keep my ridiculousness under wraps!)

I'll definitely be your buddy when you start, I was the same I had some left over and it just didn't feel like a fresh start /proper commitment until I got my new batch!

i completely agree!! when i cant admit where i have slipped up then i know im not in it with my heart and head!! afterall if i cant admit to it on here then i would never be able to admit it!!!

i think you are doing fabulous and like you say imagine how you will feel when the next stone is gone!!! see i now have that horrible bloated feeling etc so i cant wait to even lose a lb and get that slimmer feeling!!! its so exciting this diet because it does happen so quickly!

aw thank you :) i know i will defo need a buddy!!! yes and getting the delivery is exciting isn't it!!

i am looking forward to Christmas, but sort of want it gone so i can start asap!!! xxxx

"This is IT I feel so motivated I know this is the time for me" to "Oh well bit of slip oops but I've learnt from it and won't do it again, not worth it etc etc" "I'm not sure I agree with vlcds anymore, I'm off to Slimming World, weight watchers etc"

This really made me laugh as I used almost these exact words every time I have failed in the past xx

Haha I know Jewel they're such cliches and such a vicious cycle thought process. It's funny what the mind can convince itself of to justify things eg. Quiting! Look how well you've done now, I'm in awe honestly!

I think reading diaries and threads on here is actually so important, when I keep up to date with everyone else I find it so much easier because after reading everyone's threads and stories, you forget you're actually on a "diet" because everyone else is doing the same! And getting results doesn't seem so impossible because you're seeing other people constantly achieving new goals etc!

Enjoy your Christmas Emma and don't feel one bit guilty, but do pay attention to the bloated feeling cos that seems to totally leave after a day or two on this and you really deflate a bit!

Totally agree. Coming on here and reading/supporting others really helps, I don't think I would have done as well if I didnt come on here xx

Oh it feels so GOOD getting into bed having done a complete 100% day! I really enjoyed my packs today (banana shake, mushroom pasta, spag bol and porridge) Drank plenty of water and had a big wine glass with Ribina Plus this evening and it felt like a real treat. Can't wait for on oatmeal to come and hopefully my free mulled wine, anyone know if it's nice??
I even cooked for my friend this evening and really enjoyed that strangely enough.
I'm also way more productive around the house when I'm on plan properly too because I'm not sitting there pondering a little cheat or working out "what wouldn't really count" The mind is such a strange and strong thing!

Feeling positive (again :eek:)

So true Clin!!
Another lovely 100% day! Feels so much better than any messing around!!

My extra oatmeal arrived with my free mulled wine, a lovely little treat perfect for this time of year!!

Feeling great, long may it last :D

Good morning everyone!
Weighed this morning and I'm 19st 1lb!
I'm itching to see the 18s now!! I won't weigh for a few days so that hopefully my next weigh in shows them!

Been thinking about Christmas, I'm really not sure what to do about it. It's only one day and I'll just be at home with nobody to please (ex and dd) ex knows I'm on this so wouldn't bat an eyelid. Though maybe there would be no harm in having a low carb meal and might order a mint bar to have cut up with some cream? I read somewhere that someone was doing that and it seems like a good idea!

Oh God, feel so bloody sad.

Firstly I had a pitiful, unenjoyable binge night. Stemmed from having a friend over and having a low carb meal, then ate biscuits with her etc etc. Didn't enjoy a single bite if I'm completely honest.

Secondly and most painfully. Ex was out last night and this morning I was asking "all cool" if he met anyone etc (foolish foolish I know)
Well he had, and she was gorgeous etc and they were texting.
Thankfully I was able to act dine with it, encouraging even, because I'm not handing my dignity over on a plate. I feel really sick though, my stomach is doing tumbles and I'm sorry this is definitely tmi but I think combined with my binge it actually made me vomit!!!
I don't want to be with him but it just felt like a kick to the stomach imagining him with someone (probably half my size)

I really need to continue this diet successfully. The worst part is I was finding is SO easy, just seemed OK to cheat this close to Christmas! I'm going to update here much more frequently now so sorry if I cope you all to tears but I don't like talking about this stuff in real life.

Oh God, feel so bloody sad. Firstly I had a pitiful, unenjoyable binge night. Stemmed from having a friend over and having a low carb meal, then ate biscuits with her etc etc. Didn't enjoy a single bite if I'm completely honest. Secondly and most painfully. Ex was out last night and this morning I was asking "all cool" if he met anyone etc (foolish foolish I know) Well he had, and she was gorgeous etc and they were texting. Thankfully I was able to act dine with it, encouraging even, because I'm not handing my dignity over on a plate. I feel really sick though, my stomach is doing tumbles and I'm sorry this is definitely tmi but I think combined with my binge it actually made me vomit!!! I don't want to be with him but it just felt like a kick to the stomach imagining him with someone (probably half my size) I really need to continue this diet successfully. The worst part is I was finding is SO easy, just seemed OK to cheat this close to Christmas! I'm going to update here much more frequently now so sorry if I cope you all to tears but I don't like talking about this stuff in real life.

Morning lovely

Don't apologies for your post and feelings. It's 100% normal, it's very hard.

It's hard enough feeling like that but throwing how you feel about your weight as well just makes it so difficult. Each issue separately is ridiculously hard so combined it's crazy hard.

But you've posted about it so I hope that has already helped a teeny bit by telling someone. One question though why do u talk to your ex about relationships etc?? I know I'm a fine one to talk because I've done it but it's just torturing yourself.

Anyway turn it around, be amazingly successful at this diet. Then you will feel so much more confident in yourself and you'll be able to actually think he's with someone but they aren't a patch on you! It's confidence and if ur the same as me I need to be slim to be confident.

Lots of hugs xxxxx

Thanks hun, it was totally stupid of me to enquire when I really didn't want to know the answer. I'm going to have a shower and get out of the house for some space x x x

Thanks hun, it was totally stupid of me to enquire when I really didn't want to know the answer. I'm going to have a shower and get out of the house for some space x x x

Great idea - clear your head. Xxx

Don't ask him anymore, it will always just make you feel crap. When you meet someone else, he will feel the same way I guarantee it xx

Back