Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Don't mean to hijack your diary Sam, but I have to comment again about the journey insights. This has really stuck with me today and given me such a different outlook already (in a very positive way).

I had a golf lesson after work and I wear the exact same outfit every lesson. I missed last week so its been two weeks and there was already a different in the fit of my outfit. It gave me a nice quiet satisfaction and then I thought - "that's going to happen lots over the coming months!" Such a nice thing to look forward to experiencing rather than just focusing on the end game.

May be a good idea for a new thread... the magical moments you experience along your weight loss journey!

Hi Ruth!

I can't believe you took the time to read the entire diatribe...! :D:DAs you will no doubt know now I got so close to target that I could smell it. Then went and got pregnant again!!! However I'm back in it with everyone for the long haul! Please do join in as much as you like. Minimins slimming world is not yet back to its former glory but if we all continue to contribute as much as possible then we can get it there!! :):):) Thanks for popping by :) x

Yes I remember it being so much busier, I've been about on here for six or so years and it's so quiet! But yes we must all pull together!
I hope you're having a lovely evening, the overnight oats sound lovely, I am going to give them a go next week I think... I don't eat bread or any wheat products if I can help it, but know that oats contain avenin so hoping they will agree with me a bit more as my Oil has been removed :(
Congrats on the loss too!

Ruth
X

Don't mean to hijack your diary Sam, but I have to comment again about the journey insights. This has really stuck with me today and given me such a different outlook already (in a very positive way).

I had a golf lesson after work and I wear the exact same outfit every lesson. I missed last week so its been two weeks and there was already a different in the fit of my outfit. It gave me a nice quiet satisfaction and then I thought - "that's going to happen lots over the coming months!" Such a nice thing to look forward to experiencing rather than just focusing on the end game.

May be a good idea for a new thread... the magical moments you experience along your weight loss journey!
. That's a lovely feeling! There is a great thread for NSVs or non scale victories for that exact thing. I think it's in off topic? That's a real NSV!!

Yes I remember it being so much busier, I've been about on here for six or so years and it's so quiet! But yes we must all pull together!
I hope you're having a lovely evening, the overnight oats sound lovely, I am going to give them a go next week I think... I don't eat bread or any wheat products if I can help it, but know that oats contain avenin so hoping they will agree with me a bit more as my Oil has been removed :(
Congrats on the loss too!

Ruth
X
I'm curious, what's avenin? I take it it has positive properties? I have never ever been a porridge eater. My husband and daughter both are but the amount we got for 35g was appalling. However it seems to go much much further like this. Loads of Pfizer (I went to edit this word and then left it for comedy value. Of course it's an iPhone anomaly changed from frozen. However how is this the most likely thing that Apple think I want to write? ) cherries and raspberries and blueberries for tomorrow. I actually think frozen fruit is better as it gets that mushy texture when defrosted which lends itself very well to the yoghurt. I'm glad others are up for getting the place moving again!! We rock :) :) xx

Medical Definition of avenin
: the glutelin of oats (from the interweb)

Well I have porridge virtually everyday and will keep 'avenin' it. (Sorry, yes I know that was terrible) :oops:

I'm ashamed to say despite being an ardent porridge eater I still haven't been converted to overnight oats either and I have frozen fruit in the freezer too so I have no real excuse. Must get a grip and give it a go but every jar I possess has just been filled with homemade blackcurrant jam. I guess it's ok to put it in Tupperware?

Well I have porridge virtually everyday and will keep 'avenin' it. (Sorry, yes I know that was terrible) :oops:

I'm ashamed to say despite being an ardent porridge eater I still haven't been converted to overnight oats either and I have frozen fruit in the freezer too so I have no real excuse. Must get a grip and give it a go but every jar I possess has just been filled with homemade blackcurrant jam. I guess it's ok to put it in Tupperware?

I admit to laughing at the joke. Not sure what else to say... Hahaha! ;)

I would have thought it was fine to put in small Tupperware?

Ruth
X

I'm curious, what's avenin? I take it it has positive properties? I have never ever been a porridge eater. My husband and daughter both are but the amount we got for 35g was appalling. However it seems to go much much further like this. Loads of Pfizer (I went to edit this word and then left it for comedy value. Of course it's an iPhone anomaly changed from frozen. However how is this the most likely thing that Apple think I want to write? ) cherries and raspberries and blueberries for tomorrow. I actually think frozen fruit is better as it gets that mushy texture when defrosted which lends itself very well to the yoghurt. I'm glad others are up for getting the place moving again!! We rock :) :) xx
I add a few syns worth of chia seeds to my overnight oats to bulk it out. It makes me feel so full!

Hi just caught up I always do mine with frozen fruit as it makes it a bit more juicy don't know why but I seem to get a notification then go ages with out one an miss reading what's been put

I agree the frozen fruit actually helps it feel less dry. :) instead of a Tupperware you could use a jam jar? I've rinsed and kept a bonne maman one. Not because I'm a jam snob but because it's nice and wide and holds a decent amount!

On that note if I were a snob, a jam snob is not the worst kind of snob to be. I would imagine that the worst kind of snob is maybe a poo snob or a snob that judges others lifestyles or clothes or bodies. The latter is also often referred to as Katie Hopkins.

I'd HATE that. ;)

@Jeanne Von Buttonpopper , D'oh! I just read that you have filled your jars with jam and THATs why you were considering a Tupperware. God. Who puts jam in jam jars?

Particularly yummy home made jam.....*fades into a reverie* mmmmm

(Wakes up) How about glasses? Tumbler type glasses are good. A pint glass may be going some but I use taller chunky glasses and pop some foil over the top. Works perfectly :) :)

Mr LTL refuses to eat anything else for breakfast now. I'm a victim of my own success.

@laceandlunges

What a good I-chia ;) do you syn them? I used to use a lot of chia but am out of touch with syn values on that kind of stuff :)

Breakfast today!!

Ate naughty yesterday because of birthday so getting back on it to prevent it becoming a weekend off too!!!

Am taking the kids out for the day so my picnic is boiled eggs, ham, cucumber and pickles

I'm so virtuous :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Thought of you when I went to Home Bargains this morning. They have breakfast cereal tip and sip bowls. You get one free when you buy a box of cereal in there. The kids would love them.;) Especially if they have coco pops. You can also collect 3 codes for them.
https://www.tipandsip.kelloggs.co.uk/

Enjoy your day out it's raining here.

Last edited:
How cool? Madam would love it I agree. I'll have to get some more cereal and collect the codes as we don't have home bargains that I know of. However we do eat a lot of cereal so it's not really a problem! :) thanks for the tip of (or tip and sip!) :) :)

I liked your post very much, and the thought of what you're looking forward to over the next few months is really quite exhilarating and an excellent outlook to have. Because weight is measured in numbers, we often make the success/failure of weight loss or lack of it based on the numbers alone. How often has it happened to me that I had a jolly, happy, confident day and felt really good about myself and stepped on the scale and because they didn't say what I expected or hoped for I was totally deflated. And I realised the insanity of that. I actually asked myself out loud "what has actually changed? So why am I not feeling good anymore?" It's madness. So here's to positivity all the way! :)

On the oaty subject...I'm going through a hot porridge phase at the moment and wish I could just snap out and get back to ONO (overnight oats...you probably guessed that anyway). I adore frozen cherries, I should get back in the game hehe. Ooh I was thinking of making oaty pancakes the other day. They'd be quite eggy of course but you could make them sweet and then fill them with chopped fruit. Yum.

Oaty pancakes sound good. I must get researching some SW friendly recipes!!!!

I had frozen cherries, raspberries and blueberries today in my ONO (I like that abbreviation I'm taking it!) and with a strawberry yoghurt it was yummy!!!

Annoyingly though I checked and neither cherries not blueberries are S foods. Only the raspberries and the odd couple of fresh strawberries I stuck in. Crazy when you think of all the antioxidant benefits of blueberries in particular.

Joining in the ONO revolution!
I've made some with a toffee muller and hopefully will have it with a banana in the morning if my dad doesn't mind me stealing one.
I'm always on the lookout for how to make sw easier/quicker so after I weighed out my 35g oats I got my measures out and the oats fitted perfectly into a 1/3 cup scoop- thought I'd share in case anyone has the American style measuring cups!

I can't claim the credit for this idea but have come across overnight Weetabix, which some of you may or may not have heard of. Might be of interest to those who are not a fan of oats. Of course you wouldn't put two whole biscuits in and I understand they are broken up so they soak up the yogurt and fruit juices etc and apparently it's more of a 'cakey' texture. Could be worth a try o_O

Hello @lickthelid i hope that you've had a lovely day and that the weather has been as fab where you are as it is here (in North Yorkshire!)

Ruth
X

Back