Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Here was this biscuit with banana, oats and something else. But I remember them tasting disgusting.

What I'm thinking is that's oats is the main ingredient for flapjack. Flapjacks tasty!! Not sure how you'd achieve the end result.

Hmm now there is a puzzle. They couldn't be syn free but maybe low syn. Leave that thought with me!!

I made my daughter some when I did the 'new mum' thing and made everything and I'm sure it had honey in to bind them. Now she just has a hobnob lol!!!

Oh I still don't see alerts from you :'(

Oh my goodness yes to flapjack :eek:

Hope that all is ok??

Ruth
X

Sorry my lovelies been in Guildford all day yesterday and today (and tomorrow) so been unable to check in much. I'll get back on it. I'm thinking about alternative binding agents and whether there is some merit in quinoa (free) to bulk out the oats. I'm getting closer to a solution.

I've decided that as I'm up with the exam board and food is really not SW options at all (not terrible but not plan friendly) I'm taking this week as a holibobs week.

Seems sensible?

Sorry my lovelies been in Guildford all day yesterday and today (and tomorrow) so been unable to check in much. I'll get back on it. I'm thinking about alternative binding agents and whether there is some merit in quinoa (free) to bulk out the oats. I'm getting closer to a solution.

I've decided that as I'm up with the exam board and food is really not SW options at all (not terrible but not plan friendly) I'm taking this week as a holibobs week.

Seems sensible?

I think that's perfectly fine :)
Hope that all is going well!!

I love quinoa! Looking forward to hearing all about this. I have also bookmarked your thread on my phone now haha!

Ruth
X

Hmm now there is a puzzle. They couldn't be syn free but maybe low syn. Leave that thought with me!!

Google 'zero syrups' Sam. They come in a range of flavours and I'm sure would be fine for oat cookies or flapjacks. The syrup would be low syn but it would have to be experimental what and how much fat you used and how this would increase the overall syn value (can't beat flapjacks made with butter :rolleyes:). Great vlogs by the way, hope to see flapjacks sometime soon!

Mmm flapjacks.

A new one on tweaks:

It will be a while before I am fully active with all the exam papers and stuff but I will be around I promise!!!

I have this smoothie I like with oats in and a banana, berries and veg (it turns out green) I always don't syn the fruit as it keeps me full all morning. If I was eating a fruit salad with yogurt id use more fruit. So that's my reason for no Syns.

I cheat everything when it comes to SW and I get good losses each week. I should cheat less and see if i lose more lol

Last edited:
Interesting vid on tweaks- I don't mind the odd one but haven't tried the smash pizza/lasagne tortilla crisps. I would consider making my own crisps out of thinly sliced veg/potatoes, because a little goes a long way I suppose and it's not far off roasting veg. Totally agree that if you're not eating more than you would in pure form it's fine!
Hope the marking is going well Sam, I handed my last batch of marked exams in yesterday and it felt GOOD...

Was that GCSEs then @RosiePops ? I wish I were all done. I've only just started and im a team leader too so I have 6 examiners to keep a beady eye on! I'm a glutton for punishment. Actually just a glutton......! ;)

Can I just say how lovely you look too!!
Hope all is well with the marking eek it sounds a bit manic!

Ruth
X

Can I just say how lovely you look too!!
Hope all is well with the marking eek it sounds a bit manic!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth :)

Second day hair always looks a bit less mental!!! X

Back