Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

How's things?
You sound a bit busy
Unfortunately this is true :( I am dipping in and out but I have over 200 papers to mark and a team of examiners to whip into shape! Once this lot are over the next lot arrive too!!! I'm trying to follow plan as much as possible at the moment but I have so little time with little one as well. I'll be grateful when they pay me....!!!! X

Hi Sam
Hope you've had a good bank holiday weekend?
I was thinking about ideas for your vlog- how about eggs as the next 'focus'? So versatile and quite the sw staple. You could do your pickled eggs, and I'd love to see a tutorial on the sw quiches :) I'm going to have a go at the mini ones if I can get hold of some cottage cheese today..
Mmmmm yes this is a good idea. I have written two more just on SW basics and one on the red and green plans because people are always asking about them! I'm not sure when I will get time in the next few weeks but eggs is a good one and I'm nearly out of pickled ones!!!

8 days is fine! At least 7 and now eat them yum yum

If you leave them too long they can get a slight rubbery feel to the outside...still taste yum though. Let me know what you think :) :)

I love picked eggs when they are rubbery.:)

Is it weigh in day for you today? With being half term and I've been away I am loss with what day/date it is.Already counting down for Summer holidays. Shouldn't wish the days away but I feel I need a break. Will be popping over to Halland to see Grand D during Summer so something to look forward to.:)

Hope all is going well with you. :)

Yes it's today :) I maintained which my husband says I should be happy with as last week wasn't good and I took it as holibobs as was in Guildford for a lot of it. However that means I have plateaued at this weight now for three weeks (counting last Thursday as well)

I think I need a good old kick up the bum. Feel free anyone?

Summer hols are indeed looming and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) some nice weather. It's dull here today. Not warm or cold as such just a bit dismal. I bet you are looking forward to seeing your granddaughter @craftermary how lovely. How long are you going over for?

At least you didn't put on. :)

I'm hoping to be there for a week. I may be on my own. :)

Did you watch The Truth About Healthy Eating tonight. Very interesting.

No I didn't! I'm not watching much at the moment due to time constraints but that sounds interesting. What channel was it on and I'll check for catch up! :)

BBC1 9pm

The Truth About Healthy Eating In the last of three documentaries focusing on medical matters, Fiona Phillips teams up with leading scientists to investigate how people can eat and drink their way to good health - and uncovers some surprising truths along the way. She reveals which everyday foods provide the benefits of so-called `superfoods' at a fraction of the price, tests some of the top-selling health drinks and supplements, and asks whether antioxidant smoothies really give the boost that people think. She also sets out to find the healthiest breakfast, discovering whether cereal and fruit really is better than bacon and eggs.

Ooh sounds just like the kind of thing I like to watch! Thanks for the tip off. I'll check I player!

Bought jumbo oats from H&B today! Looking forward to testing them in my ONO.
Another thing about ONO- not sure how scientific it is but I have noticed my losses are better when I have them for breakfast instead of my usual banana porridge...

In that 'healthy' programme I watched last night they were on about the size of oats. :)

I may try goats or sheep's yoghurt. I remember last time I tried goats milk it smelt like goat which put me off.:rolleyes:

Actually like goat?? Urgh that's put me off ever eating it!!!

Back