Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

These doughnuts smell how I imagine heaven to smell

Except doughnuts are real (to me)

However I took a tuna salad and only ate a tuna salad.

It was good and I felt virtuous. :)

Funeral tomorrow so will take it as it comes.

Doughnut talk makes me want something sweet. My daughter squirts all the jam into her mouth and doesn't eat the doughnut. So I don't buy them. They do the ring ones in sugar by the beach and the smell is divine.

Hope your day was okay yesterday. Funerals are hard and you never know how you will feel or think afterwards.

It went well. I had to write and then read the Eulogy. I'm always the go to for that. Didn't eat much during the day as avoided the "sangers" at the wake so when we got home late we got pizza but I stopped when satisfied and was still within my MFP limits for the day. Amazing.

Green Tea

Right so, in an effort to boost losses I have been drinking green tea. I drink it anyway and my favourite is the twinings gingerbread one. However I have really upped the ante lately.

That and I have re-instated the soda streams position in the kitchen and replaced its empty gas canister so I am having a lot of soda and lime with NAS lime squash. The tesco one is particularly nice :)

Green tea comes with some serious accolades and there are some people who would have you think it is a borderline magical substance. Clearly I don't believe them all to be true but I do think that if I'm drinking this I'm not eating something else and it does seem to help with weightloss through some means.

I'm keen to see what happens with the scales tomorrow!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I find drinking a lot of green tea just makes me wee more. There isn't any scientific results done to show it actually helps you with weight loss. At the end of the day it's only water with flavouring.;)

I find drinking a lot of green tea just makes me wee more. There isn't any scientific results done to show it actually helps you with weight loss. At the end of the day it's only water with flavouring.;)

But although I appreciate that, it's mainly down to the caffeine that anyone sees any effects. Otherwise coffee is just water with flavouring too ;) I don't for a second believe it's magical properties but with the caffeine giving me a minor kick and the boost of fluid it stops me snacking at times. So that's always a good thing. Plus all tea is a mild diuretic and helps us shed excess water. Even better than water itself in that respect. Also no milk required. Bonus!! :)

There's a few now who have mentioned the magical benefits of green tea- I think it would help me not to snack and thus boost weight loss. I often have a cup of tea or coffee if I feel I might be a bit peckish but that would be a calorie free way of doing it.. Gingerbread you say?!
Good luck for tomorrow :)

The twinings gingerbread one is lovely. It's really does have a gingerbread edge. Rather than just ginger which can be over powering. That and buttermint (also twinings) are my favourite hot beverages :)

Last edited:
Perhaps it's me but drinks don't curb my appetite. I know they say you should have a drink if your feeling hungry but a drink just doesn't cut it for me.Don't matter how much I drink I never feel full or satisfied.

I had the cherry bakewell one last week. I like them all.:)

Perhaps it's me but drinks don't curb my appetite. I know they say you should have a drink if your feeling hungry but a drink just doesn't cut it for me.Don't matter how much I drink I never feel full or satisfied.

I had the cherry bakewell one last week. I like them all.:)
I like them all too although my least favourite is the fudge melt one. To me it has a slight coffee edge which really puts me off!!

I don't drink them much now. I drink mostly earl grey with milk all day.:)

More of a builders tea person myself but quite fond of jasmine green tea :)

I used to drink builders. All day every day. Milk no sugar. Then I quit and went onto green and mint. Then when I was pregnant this time I CRAVED normal pg tips again. As soon as I'd had him I couldn't want it less and went straight back to mint tea and green tea. Our bodies are funny things to say the least.

Earl grey is one I have never taken to. I didn't even know you could have it with milk. It's the smell that I like but the flavour just isn't me and jasmine is something I can not bear either the smell or taste of. Totally turns me off. My husband drinks their cranberry and green and I don't like that either. However the pineapple and grapefruit is nice :)

I have the green tea and mango and green tea and orange in my drawer at work. It just gives me a dry mouth though :( must try harder!

Ruth
x

1lb off :)

I actually gained 4 whilst away so really it's a 5lb loss but it's a 1lb loss on my weight pre hols

I'm puffy though, possibly heat related so am hoping for more next week :)

Back