Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Sunday 24th Nov

Illness

Its 9pm and I'm sitting, in the dark, on the end of little ones bed because she keeps coughing herself awake and crying. At what age do kids become a little more self sufficient in these stakes? I can't remember what age I was when I stopped waking my parents up because my nose was a bit snuffly and just learned to sleep with some tissue shoved up my nostrils. I'm not very tolerant of illness in anyone, nor minor injury. If it's not so bad that it requires medical attention, well get up and dust yourself off. Come on you are three and a half now....it's only a bit of blood and some scraped flesh....with bits of gravel in....what's there to moan about? ;)

Man flu. That's another one. The husband gets that. "Sniff sniff....oh I'm ill, ohhhhh I'm soooo ill I can't possibly do anything that resembles parenting in any way shape or form....I must simply sit. Sit and look at sky sports news on my ipad, iphone or maybe the tv (if aforementioned daughter has relinquished the fluorescent delight of peppa pig)".

Oh oh will you just F... ... (Fill in the blanks)

Last edited:
I totally agree with that!!last week I had a run in with some crisps and chocolate biscuits,they won. I gave in pathetically easily and scoffed them all up.made sure I was really strict for the rest of the week and ended up losing 2lbs!i NEVER lose 2lbs,so maybe crisps are my friend after all.but I went out for the first time in aaaggggeeeesss last night and lets just say I wasn't feeling particularly fresh this morning and so I went out for carvery had a truck load of syns and then had dominoes for my tea..safe to say I will no doubt pay for that one at weigh in tomorrow but it was definitely worth it lol!!x

Saturday 23rd Nov

Sharks

Apparently another surfer has been killed off the coast of Western Australia. At 20 that's really sad BUT why do we make sharks the villains here. Jaws has a long reaching legacy. Shark experts have been sent to the area to try and catch the shark. If you ask me its doing what any carnivorous beast would do IN ITS OWN ENVIRONMENT. The authorities try to put up shark protection devices such as nets and so on in the water to protect the people on the shores. At the end of the day the sharks are going to a source of food, I doubt they distinguish between humans and a tasty seal. For all we know we taste the same....like chicken most likely ;). If you want to swim or surf in an area that it is commonly known is populated by these predators I fail to see why anyone is surprised when the odd one is picked off here and there. I'm more surprised it doesn't happen with more regularity. If I went into the African Savannah and had a kick around with a ball I don't think I'd be in any position to complain if a Lion or similar attacked me. Would they round up that lion and kill it? No, they would call me a silly cow....and to be fair Id be hard pushed not to agree! The day that shark walks up onto the beach and steals some Hawaiian tropic babe from her prone position on her beach towel Ill be as shocked as the rest at the sheer audacity. Until then...

Oh and apparently Heston Blumenthal is out there for some expo and was surfing in the area just yesterday. Note to the shark...missed opportunity.
Oooh i so agree with this :D humans need to realize they are NOT top of the food chain in the ocean ;)

Oooh i so agree with this :D humans need to realize they are NOT top of the food chain in the ocean ;)

I agree wholeheartedly!

Tuesday 26th Nov

Work

Today is the longest day ever. I have taught 5 out of 5 periods, a revision class and I have a private student tonight. In between I need to do dinner, bath and bed for little one (and the husband, well dinner anyway). All I have to look forward to is bed and that is likely to be delayed due to having to have an Asda delivery tonight between 8-10pm. The last time I had that slot they rang to say they would not be there before 11pm! Needless to say I cancelled the order that night. I hate Asda with a vengeance but a perfect storm of events this week literally removes the possibility of my usual Aldi shop. Getting there takes commitment, believe me! I have opted for Asda as they gave me a £5 voucher to apologise for a previous transgression.

I have not even been tempted to go off plan despite all this. I think I'm actually past temptation. I am such a saint ;) Or maybe its because I force myself to leave my purse and therefore all money at home? And because my lunch box was filled with yummy things (not) like scan bran, carrot sticks and apples.

How long until bed?? Roll on Wednesday!

Groan- can’t you do dinner bath and bed andhubby do the shop or will he put everything in the wrong place? Lol. I hope you’reat least going to have a yummy scan-bran-free dinner. If your shop hasn’tarrived yet then it might be scan bran paste on top of scan bran. Cor- fibrous!
I took yesterday as a days annual leave forno reason other than I had it to use. So although I’ve been clock watchingsince 13:01, this week will (hopefully) whizz by.
Roll on Wednesday indeed. Bar the rolling,and the weighing-in :-S

Unfortunately he would put it away wrong, yes. Also the two things don't coincide time wise so it's all me :(. I now weigh in on Wednesdays too having changed my day as of this week so I shall wish you luck for the morrow. Hope you enjoyed the day off! Nice long weekend :) It's the husbands birthday tomorrow too so out to luncheon. Luckily its Harv so lots of easy choices!!

Just maybe it's worthwhile letting him put it away all wrong for tonight?? You could sort it all out tomorrow when you have more time? Just so long as the fridge/freezer stuff goes where it needs to it's a small price to pay to get a little help and put closure on what sounds like a manic day. :)

Maybe so....I'm such a control freak though. Id be there. Watching him. Waiting for it to go wrong. Then I'd pounce!! Haha. Every other Tuesday is pretty much like this and I have Wednesdays off so its worth it to get through and relax a little tomorrow before back to work on thurs. Yawn. Only three more weeks after this until we break for Xmas. Whoop whoop. Yay!! :)

Thursday 28th Nov

Schools

Today I am going to view our second choice school for little one when she starts NEXT SEPTEMBER!! Ahhh. Its so crazy that in less than a year I will be packing the munchkin off to big girls school!! It doesn't seem yesterday that she was born. I can't believe how it will feel to see her dressed up in her school uniform for the first time.

On another note it was the husbands birthday yesterday so we had lunch out AND a takeaway. I was partially good. Lots of salad at the harvester, Gammon steak, although I did have chips :( and a small sundae. Then in the evening we had some pizza. I have worked it out at about 60 syns all in so I'm doing my syns weekly this week to build that in. If I have 5 a day I should still finish the week just under my weekly allowance. I felt a little guilty after I ate it but the reality is that even skinny people eat pizza sometimes.

SKINNY PEOPLE EAT PIZZA TOO!!!

Yes they do. And chips In fact some skinny people eat lots of pizza and chips and stay skinny, which frankly isn't fair.

Mmmm ... I'm married to one of those :mad:

Well what can you say, God gave man a brain and a penis and not enough fuel to run both at the same time. It takes a lot of energy being a man despite the impression they give :D (and yes my husband eats and stays slim too )

Love it!!!

Saturday 30th Nov

Where is everybody?

Is it just me or is it blimmin quiet on here at the mo. Is this the calm before the January influx??

I agree really quiet. Apparently yesterday is the day most people give up their diets till Xmas, I am not giving up just a few flexible days for me!

Back