Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Well done on another great loss!

My eldest son asked me if he could see the place that his younger brother came from...as I'd had a regular birth I told him "Not in your lifetime sweetheart" and gave him a knife to distract him.

Ahhhh that's hilarious. Although id have favoured bleach. The clicky childproof cap keeps them busy for hours.

Crazy northerners

I appreciate the translation lol I have never heard that.

2lb off today :) I'm aiming for 12.5 by my bday in 4 weeks :)

you, my friend, are on one heck of a roll xxxx

Well done on your 2.5 loss! 12.5 in four weeks sounds eminently doable!

Thanks!! I hope so. That's 1lb a week to get me to 12 and a half stone. My husband weighed in yesterday at 12 st 4 lb and I want to get below his weight next. These little mini goals are the way to go!!

you, my friend, are on one heck of a roll xxxx
I'm in the kind of space I was before Christmas. It just comes off. I'm not focused so much as just getting on with it. I think its so ingrained now that its a way of life and I don't need to think too hard. Maybe the WWASPE thing has helped more than I realise. Maybe I am truly thinking like a slim person!!! Woohoo

Ahhhh that's hilarious. Although id have favoured bleach. The clicky childproof cap keeps them busy for hours.

Ha! Keys to the shed where we keep all the creosote and bottles with skulls on the labels. And sharp bladey tools.

My boys are teenagers now - "it neva did 'em no 'arm!" ;)

Creosote smell = summer.

Im very much of the mind of what doesn't kill them makes them stronger. Except polio.

Great loss - you have a very good chance of reaching your birthday target!

My DD was never particularly bothered about being an only child. She did want a labrador puppy though (but didn't get)!

Strangely enough, I now rather wish she had got a sibling. Dealing with the deaths of both my parents within a year made me appreciate having an elder sister in a totally new way. I would hate DD to go through the same thing by herself. Sorry - rather miserable thoughts to post on someone else's thread.

I can understand that but I just can't do it again. It's the hardest thing I have ever done, or continue to do! I wouldn't change it (most days) but do I want to replicate it? No. It's probably really selfish of me but I can't see me changing my mind!

Well done on the loss LTL.
Think it's horses for courses with the another baby thing.
I would love another baby and think Tom would like a brother or sister to but just doesn't seem to be happening so what will be will be.

I think its down to your wiring and your perception of your priorities. Like you say horses for courses and all that. The idea gives me shivers and yet so many manage it with apparent ease. I'm jealous of that desire.

Friday 11th April

Mole no more

Left totally gutted this morning by the news of Sue Townsend's death at 68. One of my all time favourite authors. Genuinely bereft at this news as had been looking forward to the next impending Mole release. RIP Ms. Townsend. I salute you

No. It's not old. I am genuinely gutted. I have only recently finished re-reading the entire Adrian Mole catalogue for the umpteenth time. I can't believe its over and that we have lost such a wonderfully observant author.

I hadn't heard that, how very sad. I loved the Mole books.

No. It's not old. I am genuinely gutted. I have only recently finished re-reading the entire Adrian Mole catalogue for the umpteenth time. I can't believe its over and that we have lost such a wonderfully observant author.

She was a remarkable lady, very sad to read a lot has happened in her personal life and that her fame and fortune did not bring her the happiness she deserved.

Back