Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Great loss!

I've got out of the habit of having soup - think I need to get back into it.

A little bit of parsnip goes a long way I find ... I wonder if using half swede (which lends itself to peppery/curry flavours anyway) and half parsnip would taste as good while being more superfree? :)
after you said that I picked up a swede this morning. I'll try that tomorrow. Parsnip and swede soup. Should be good :)

Fantastic loss Sam... Well done xx
Thanks Paul :) I'm hoping its a roll that will see me though Easter weekend although I'm having an egg on Sunday. Even skinny people eat Easter eggs. X

Great loss!

I've got out of the habit of having soup - think I need to get back into it.

i genuinely think its that in combination with the scan bran. I'll keep at it whilst it's not boring me haha.

i genuinely think its that in combination with the scan bran. I'll keep at it whilst it's not boring me haha.

Soup full of superfree + Scan bran = lethal combination!

It's good to mix things up to keep yourself interested. I've become a bit 'samey' so I'm trying to do different things. Having an Easter egg on Sunday is certainly going to be one of those different things!

Oh yes. Sometimes it does you good to have a little (or a lot) of what you fancy. It reminds you of why you do it in the first place. :)

I love swede :D I prefer it to potato if the truth be told (though not so keen on the peeling and chopping it lol).

Talking of yumminess ... here's a link to this week's Jack Monroe offering Jack Monroe's spaghetti alla puttanesca recipe | Life and style | The Guardian . She's made it with tinned sardines in oil but I reckon it would work just as well, if not better, with tinned pilchards in tomato sauce - Mmm Mmmmmmm

I am eschewing Easter treats this year, though I'm going to make a 'Hot Cross Bun' porridge on Friday :) Right now I want the losses more than I want chocolate, so I figure I might as well ride that particular wave while it lasts ;)

Hi Sam, just read through all of this (yes all 6 months worth :p). I have just started SW 3 weeks ago. Your posts really make me giggle and feel better about why we do this in the first place.
I am a uni student living with a very fit boyfriend who eats over 3000cals a day just to maintain (he plays american football) this is not an easy task when on SW.
Just wanted to tell you how much you make me giggle! Keep up the fab work!! Hopefully I'll make my stone tonight at WI xx

Well done on the loss, how much have you lost in total now? I'm o my phone so can't see stats xx
4st and 5lbs now :) still 1 st 1 lb to go until my target! :)

Hi Sam, just read through all of this (yes all 6 months worth :p). I have just started SW 3 weeks ago. Your posts really make me giggle and feel better about why we do this in the first place.
I am a uni student living with a very fit boyfriend who eats over 3000cals a day just to maintain (he plays american football) this is not an easy task when on SW.
Just wanted to tell you how much you make me giggle! Keep up the fab work!! Hopefully I'll make my stone tonight at WI xx
Well hello! What a lovely post :) it made me smile like this >> :D

my husband is fit too. In both senses of the word and for the first time in our relationship do I feel we look like a "couple" haha. Good luck getting to the stone target. That's amazing in three weeks!! Well done!! Let us know how you get on tonight :) x

My friend didn't recognise me at the park today until she got closer haha. Excellent.

I know! I'm thinking of adding it to the NSVs thread haha. Probably just being nice though :)

Wednesday 16th April

Visitors

Apparently my "profile" page has had 66 visitors. Jees ONE of them could have brought cake??!!

Rude.

Evening Sam - well done on the loss lovely thats brill work.

I noticed the "poster" lost 4.5 this week pmsl can you imagine how good a stick and carrot that will be for tonight ;)

I noticed the "poster" lost 4.5 this week pmsl can you imagine how good a stick and carrot that will be for tonight ;)

Nooooo!! Naughty Sheila! I have to sleep tonight and you spoil it!!!

Aarggh, I had almost managed to put that out of my mind till now!!

Back