Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

You might find you are pleasantly surprised at weigh-in. I weigh in the evenings, but before I have my evening meal. I wear my lightest possible clothes (leggings and a thin top), and always visit the loo before I hop on the scales. I'm generally about 2 pounds heavier than I am in the mornings.

If you've not been to a group before you might also be amused at the antics of people before weighing - people in my group remove cardigans, belts, necklaces, scarves, socks and more - I once saw a very desperate woman remove her wedding ring!

Hahaha!! Yes you do see the oddest things! The SW venue should have a 15 rating on it before weigh in as there are so many scantily clad people in it, it's almost unsuitable for impressionable youngsters. I'm not quite like that, I wear light clothing but because I usually come straight from work, I'm in my jeans and they tend to weigh heavier. But I must admit I do weigh on a Monday morning (like you, in my birthday suit, after visit to the ceramic department) to check and then eat lightly during the day and stop glugging water early afternoon so it can filter through :)
And at weigh in at night I'm between 2-3 lbs heavier. Which seems reasonable.

Hahaha!! Yes you do see the oddest things! The SW venue should have a 15 rating on it before weigh in as there are so many scantily clad people in it, it's almost unsuitable for impressionable youngsters. I'm not quite like that, I wear light clothing but because I usually come straight from work, I'm in my jeans and they tend to weigh heavier. But I must admit I do weigh on a Monday morning (like you, in my birthday suit, after visit to the ceramic department) to check and then eat lightly during the day and stop glugging water early afternoon so it can filter through :)
And at weigh in at night I'm between 2-3 lbs heavier. Which seems reasonable.

I go straight from work too, so am usually wearing a fairly heavy weight skirt and light blouse. I'm another one who eats lightly during the day on WI days and I don't drink anything after 2.30pm (I WI at 5.30). The stripping off both amuses and bewilders me - why do we do this?? I even take my shoes off, and we are talking tiny, lightweight dolly shoes here - if they weigh a couple of ounces I'd be amazed, yet it's part of the ritual LOL

I would keep two lots of stats - your normal early morning in the nuddy one (so that at target you can see exactly what you've achieved) and your new 'official' SW ones.

I'm bemused by the shenanigins regarding group WI - but I know I'd also do it! I think the taking off of shoes goes back to the days when shoes were heavy; when I'm weighed at the doctor's I'm always told to remove my shoes, even if I'm wearing sandals!

Tomorrow I would just wear what you'd usually wear and eat and drink as you normally would, so that next week you don't have to start the little routine of starving yourself and drinking less, etc. You're probably going to be a little heavier than last week, but you'll know why and it's not an actual weight gain. Funnily enough, I usually weigh the same at 6pm as I do in the morning.

I would update your stats to show any gain, but I don't think it'll be as much as you expect. Good luck. :) xxxx

Agree with the above, I made sure to have dinner before my first ever group as otherwise I wouldn't eat til after 9 every Tuesday!
Good luck with group, hope you enjoy it.

Oh I'll be eating. Light but I'll be eating. I know continuity is key. I think the aim is to go along and weigh in and compare it to my morning weight as I would normally weigh in tomorrow night and then update my stats with the increase, increasing my start weight too. It should affect my challenges because I can take the morning weight for this week and the evening weight for next week and judge that against tomorrow's weight for weight lost. I'm looking forward to it now!! It's even better that im going with a friend so have a chance to catch up sans children!!

Oh I'll be eating. Light but I'll be eating. I know continuity is key. I think the aim is to go along and weigh in and compare it to my morning weight as I would normally weigh in tomorrow night and then update my stats with the increase, increasing my start weight too. It should affect my challenges because I can take the morning weight for this week and the evening weight for next week and judge that against tomorrow's weight for weight lost. I'm looking forward to it now!! It's even better that im going with a friend so have a chance to catch up sans children!!

Hi lickthelid I haven't seen you in a while is everything ok with you? Xx

Good luck at group LTL, will be interesting to hear your take on the format

Hi lickthelid I haven't seen you in a while is everything ok with you? Xx
Hey Minnie :) I'm good thanks for asking. I've been quiet in the main forum for a week or so mainly because I think the posts don't have much that I can contribute to. I'm always here....how are you? Xx

Hey Minnie :) I'm good thanks for asking. I've been quiet in the main forum for a week or so mainly because I think the posts don't have much that I can contribute to. I'm always here....how are you? Xx

I'm glad I've found you!! I'm great I got slimmer or the week and month today and got my 1 stone award!!!! I'm sitting outside the train station in my car because I can't bare to leave the warmth for the pouring rain!!

I often forget to look at the main forum! I have today and so many posts are variations on a theme - the mods must get fed up.

There are a lot of newbies at the moment - summer must be just around the corner!

I've been quiet in the main forum for a week or so mainly because I think the posts don't have much that I can contribute to.

Know exactly what you mean.............There's a post on there tonight http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/341433-9stone-1-slimming-world.html I mean, come on, seriously????

Also, just found this by accident http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-teams/260078-sw-defectors.html quite fun actually, spot how many members you know??

Last edited:
Know exactly what you mean.............There's a post on there tonight http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/341433-9stone-1-slimming-world.html I mean, come on, seriously???? Also, just found this by accident http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-teams/260078-sw-defectors.html quite fun actually, spot how many members you know??

Good luck to them weight watchers doesn't work we'll for me personally. I would recommend slimming world to everyone I love it!

I have the app I don't really know about main forums and stuff maybe I'll have a look around x

....people in my group remove cardigans, belts, necklaces, scarves, socks and more - I once saw a very desperate woman remove her wedding ring!

That made me laugh so much, poor lady!! I wonder if there's a psychological undercurrent there.....shedding the ring i.e. shedding the husband. All of a sudden she was 15st lighter :D

Also, just found this by accident http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-teams/260078-sw-defectors.html quite fun actually, spot how many members you know??

I'm amused by the thought that WW is better if you don't like pasta! I can't remember when I last had pasta; as I'm not keen on it I just don't have it - it's not compulsory. (Bolognese on steamed shredded cabbage is very tasty)!

It is easy to get stuck in a rut, keep eating the same things and get sloppy about weighing HExs etc. Changing to a new plan makes you focus again - what I call New Diet Syndrome. It's funny how many of the defectors change back after a while!

I'm amused by the thought that WW is better if you don't like pasta! I can't remember when I last had pasta; as I'm not keen on it I just don't have it - it's not compulsory. (Bolognese on steamed shredded cabbage is very tasty)! It is easy to get stuck in a rut, keep eating the same things and get sloppy about weighing HExs etc. Changing to a new plan makes you focus again - what I call New Diet Syndrome. It's funny how many of the defectors change back after a while!

I have hopped around on diets because I failed - I failed not the diet it was me!!! I put on weight with slimming world but I have a great consultant and found good friends on here that I've turned it around...
I think maybe people swap diets because they would rather say the diet isn't working rather than they did wrong!

Each to their own I personally love slimming world even when I put on!

Blimey I never realised quite so much hopping went on! It's like the mentality of changing your shampoo because your hair "gets used to it". Like its sentient and has feelings. My hair seems permanently peed off these days.

The main forum is pretty samey, same immediately after Christmas wasn't it. As much as I like to help there are only so many ways of writing:
1- yes you get wind/bloating. Its fibre. Google it.
2- yes you can count your syns weekly IF it works for you great but we all know you are asking because you had a blow out and have 5 days to make it up.
3- Post a food diary so we can help. No, WRITE IT OUT don't give me a link to MFP.
4- 1/3 superfree at EVERY possible meal. No it's not compulsory, yes its good for you. Margaret doesn't send a hit squad round if you don't manage it. No baked beans don't count, ditto peas, ditto sweet corn. Uh oh Gail platts having a nightmare. I mean what superfree goes with FFs?
5- yes portion control matters. Don't weigh or measure but don't eat yourself sick. The edge of the plate exists beyond the phenomenon of surface tension for a reason.

The SW gospel according to me. Make it a sticky mods I dares ya! ;)

Oh and Patty, I don't do pasta either or rarely and then only whole wheat spaghetti. I didn't realise it was mandatory, I MUST re-read my book....haha

I'm glad I've found you!! I'm great I got slimmer or the week and month today and got my 1 stone award!!!! I'm sitting outside the train station in my car because I can't bare to leave the warmth for the pouring rain!!
Well done you that's immense!! I hope to get involved in all that kind of group shenanigans. Should I take fruit tomorrow? Do we take fruit?

Back