Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Like the shopkeeper. All of a sudden she appears.

Bah, I knew it was all water weight. I weighed in this morning 5lbs heavier!! Now I know I wasn't an angel over half term but not 5lb of naughty

damn it.

Oh yes I don't deny the possibility but still not 5lb worth in a week. That's 15000 extra kcal at least! Drink more water. Eat more veg. Although I'm not in a good place as just found out that my school is cancelling my subject next year. Great. I will get bits and pieces to teach. Wonderful. :(

Well I'm already at a better college too on a very part time basis but a post there will depend upon retirement of current encumbant. I'm not sure if that will happen at the end of this year or not. :(

I just hate the lack of security!! Argh!!

Well I'm already at a better college too on a very part time basis but a post there will depend upon retirement of current encumbant. I'm not sure if that will happen at the end of this year or not. :(

I just hate the lack of security!! Argh!!
Can you make discreet inquiries?
Or as Cavegirl suggested....a change of direction!! The world can be your Oyster!!! :p

Woohooo!!! I was munching my dinner last night when the phone rang ... my eldest daughter (the one without the children) was out to dinner with her boyfriend of 3 years and he had just proposed to her (she said yes) :D

I get to be Mumzilla of The Bride :love047: ;) Now there's a great motivation for maintaining!!

LOL - so do I! They are planning on 5th November (as it's the date they started going out and the day they got engaged) 2016

Mind you, I have a horrid suspicion that I'm going to need all of that time to make everything that she wants handmade! (paper and fabric flowers for the table centrepieces, invitations, service sheets, place settings, seating plans, wedding favours ... the cake). Sometimes being 'crafty' is not an advantage ;)

Ah congrats to your daughter Molly...being mumzilla is such a special place! I so enjoyed that when my daughter got married in 1994...sadly the marriage didn't last (not her fault) and now she's with the one she says she should have married!! Now...if only they would get married...they have been together for 15yrs!! :sigh:

Cavegirl...gone are the days when they married first and then had the babies...guess I'm just old fashioned and old enough to remember those days.

Now...if only they would get married...they have been together for 15yrs!! :sigh:

Lol -they have some way to go to beat me. OH and I got married 25 years to the month from meeting, on our daughter's 15th birthday!

Congratulations Molly. DD got engaged in the summer and yes, it is an incentive; I absolutely refuse to be a fat mother of the bride. They haven't set a date yet though as she wants to finish her PhD before she starts concentrating on making arrangements. Still, plenty of time yet as she's only 24.

I did the living together thing before I got married (both times lol) and this daughter and her (now! :D ) Fiance have been living together for a couple of years already. He's the old fashioned one and wouldn't dream of having children unless they are married (he also actually formally asked my husband for permission to propose a couple of months ago too).

My younger daughter and her OH are the ones with the littles - but his parents (he's one of 3 children) have never married, so it's not even on his radar .

Then again I got married the first time around at 21 and all 3 of my children are from that marriage, but have been with my 2nd husband for twice as long as I was with the one I had children with (as indeed was my mother before me lol).

Just wanted to say I'm not casting aspersions on anyone in my comments.

My mum married at 18 (pregnant) and mother of 4 by the time she was 24 and husband gone walkabout!! We all had a very hard life and I looked for the quickest route out so married at 19! Not a good choice but what do you know at that age? Stayed 22 yrs for my 2 children's sake. Thank goodness my next husband was ace! Been married 20 yrs so far and he's a keeper!! :D

I settled down far too early with my 1st husband, just to get away from home - then got married far too young as well because I couldn't see a way out of doing so! :( The things we do in our extreme youth, when we think we know everything!!

It's odd but I'm quite happy to see my H with her two littles (she is only 23 now and K is nearly 5), but I wouldn't have been very pleased if she had wanted to get married at 18 lol

I am here just sulking about work and how its impacted on my absolute ability to drown my sorrows in minstrels. I WILL get my head screwed on. Definitely fancy a change of sorts. Been considering many things but my fixed term notice period gets in the way. The plan is this (currently): bank some money between now and August. Hopefully about 3-4 months worth. Then leave and break the notice period trap. Get another job, either a proper one or a gap filler until a proper one happens. In the mean time I am going through the process to become a special constable for sussex police. That's voluntary but I would like to potentially convert it to actually joining the force in the future maybe. I deserve better than the scraps they will inevitably toss me!!

How lovely about all the weddings. I love weddings. Don't think we have any on the horizon though :(. Congrats Molly. I'm chuffed for you. Mumzilla of the bride indeed haha. Love that expression. Janet I particularly like the fact you refer to your husband of 20 years as a keeper "so far". Made me chuckle!!

Ha ha Sam...what I actually said was "Been married 20 yrs so far and he's a keeper!! :p

I think you're very wise and have a great plan there for your future career direction. We have Police Community Support Officers over here in my part of East Sussex. I know some people don't have any respect for them but IMO they are doing a very worthwhile job on a voluntary basis.

Back